The Willows
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
The Rossi Hotel(Palm Springs)
Holiday House(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
Old Ranch Inn(Palm Springs)
Desert Hills(Palm Springs)
Korakia Pensione(Palm Springs)
Park Inn(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
  • Pool
Andreas Hotel & Spa(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewsrock roommarion daviesevening winegourmet breakfastloft roompalm roomhors d'oeuvresart museumfoot waterfallwine receptionantique furnitureprivate estatebreakfast each morningother gueststwo blocksguest housewithin walking distance of downtown
Reviewed February 15, 2011

My wife and I have stayed in many fine hotels and B&Bs... and we both agree, the Willows is impeccable in the service, friendliness, cleanliness, cuisine, location... I could go on and on. The staff absolutely deserve the highest of praise.

Excellent location- easily walkable to nature (hiking in the hills just off property) and culture (nightlife is two blocks away) yet descreetly tucked away.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Krendrapretarus
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We just got back from a weekend at The Willows. We stayed in the Rock Room, which was gorgeous. The bed was so comfortable and the bathroom was spectacular. The place itself is breathtaking--the pictures online do not do it justice. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly, helpful, and accomodating. The breakfast is delicious and the evening wine and hors d'oevres is a wonderful treat. It is also located right off the main street, so getting around is easy.
It was definitely a splurge, but well worth it. Staying at The Willows was the highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluedot16
Reviewed January 28, 2011

On a recent trip to Palm Springs, we had the pleasure of meeting Laura at The Willows. She took us on a tour of the O'Donnell House, located high above old Palm Springs, and gave us a wealth of information about the history of the area. As a bonus, Laura also took us into a few of the rooms at The Willows, a most remarkable, one-of-a-kind hotel experience, with a history from Clark Gable and Carole Lombard to Anna Nicole Smith. Thank you Laura, for making this trip to PS so memorable.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Wow, what a phenomenal stay I had at The Willows. From the extraordinary room, to the insanely delicious breakfasts, to the lush, well kept grounds, to the polite and efficient service, I knew the entire time I was staying somewhere pretty special. Happy hour and hors d'oeuvres was such a lovely touch, especially after exploring Palm Springs all day. It allowed you time to relax and get to know some of the other guests staying at the hotel. The location cannot be beat, and the mansion is swimming with interesting history. I am a huge fan of mid-century architecture, and thought for sure that I would stay at a mid-century style hotel. However, I chose to stay at The Willows because of its rave reviews, and boy, am I glad I did. Believe the reviews! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed May 31, 2010

My husband and I completed a 3-night stay last week at the Willows Historic Inn in Palm Springs. It was our second visit, and we stayed in Marion Davies' former bedroom, one of 8 very different rooms available for guests. The ambience and beauty of the inn is hard to convey adequately - guests are wonderfully transported back to the 30s and 40s with elegant period furnishings, and yet all of the most modern conveniences including wi-fi throughout. Where else can you wander thru the hallways and rooms that once held the likes of Albert Einstein, Marion Davies, Clark Gable and Carole Lombard. The innkeepers attend to your every wish - I mentioned how much I enjoyed the fragrance of the jasmine and that evening I found freshly picked jasmine by my bedside. The 3-course gourmet breakfast is served on crystal, china and silver, and you dine next to a waterfall (IN PALM SPRINGS!).

The property also has a beautiful landscaped walkway up to another historic house recently included in a book of California historical residences by Diane Keaton. The walkway is filled with little nooks, ponds, and benches, and at the top you are rewarded with a spectacular view of the palm springs valley. Being only 2 blocks from the central part of downtown palm springs is also a great asset. We are already planning our next trip to the Willows in the fall - staying in Albert Einstein's bedroom (he was a frequest guest of the owner during the 30s and 40s).

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple