“Must go”

$199.00*
Joshua Tree Backroads Hummer H2 Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Looking for the highlight of your Palm Springs vacation? Take an adventure aboard our open air Hummers to the San Andreas Fault and Joshua Tree National Park as you follow an old goldmine trail to see and learn about the real desert. Morning and afternoon tours are offered daily year-round. Climb to over 4,000 feet to Summit Point in Joshua Tree where you can see all the way to Mexico!
Reviewed September 21, 2013

It is informative, great sites. Great for pictures. The hummer makes it a fun ride . Enjoyed learning about the San Andreas faults and the plant life surrounding it.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We booked this tour while we were staying at our timeshare. We were told it was a 4 hour tour but expect it to be a little longer. It ended up being a 5 and a half hours. Our tour guide Don was excellent. He was very knowledgeable about the area. Tour was totally enjoyable. Tram ride was awesome. Dinner at top was not that great but had nothing to do with tour. We never felt like we were rushed. Would recommend it. Great to do on a hot afternoon.

2  Thank Michelle T
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked this from the UK on trip advisor recommendations. We were not disappointed. We were contacted at our hotel the day before to say the weather forecast was not too good for the pm ride, so would we like to go in the morning. We took the companies advice and had a great time. There were six of us in our party and another couple were on when we were picked up. Our guide(I think it was Lewis(ex fireman)) was great. He did off roading in his spare time, and was yeahaing frequently in the canyons, saying this was the best its been for ages because of all the rains at the preceding weekend(Aug 24th, 2013). Lewis even went as far to say it was one of the best rides since he joined the company. The scenery was awesome, and the clear views from the top near the Joshua trees were amazing, seeing right over the Mexican border. We were early into the San Andreas fault area, so had the mini oasis all to ourselves. Lewis's knowledge on all the area was great and he made it really interesting. We then went into the canyon, and for the rest of the tour we never saw another person or vehicle until we came back to the road over 2 hours later.The Hummer was unbelievably comfortable considering the terrain we were going over.We took lots of amazing photos and would recommend this trip to anyone.
Thanks for a great time.

1  Thank Katherine913
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The tour we did for San Andreas and Joshua National Park was rich of information and knowledge. Our tour guide, Jerry, was really kind and enthusiastic. He took really good care of us, driving with caution and providing a lot of water so we didn't melt down. The tour really goes out in the desert and the car was in a really good condition to take us there. The company is very flexible and they picked us in our hotel as a courtesy. Totally recommend it.

2  Thank Mariana_Lourenco_C
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I just returned home from a vacation out to Palm Springs with my wife and her entire family. There were 8 of us that went on the 3 hour San Andreas Fault Tour (We went on the 4-7 tour on June 25th). We were all very excited to go on this tour because it had been recommended to us. I spent over an hour in the days prior reading reviews from Trip Advisor on people's past experience with their tour. Needless to say, we were all very excited to go. It started off with our tour guide showing up a few minutes late. Then, we had to stop at a gas station so that he could get ice to put in the cooler. In my opinion, this should be done BEFORE we are even picked up. We found out that this was his only tour of the day so there is absolutely no way that the cooler should not have been full with ice. Throughout the entire tour, we felt extremely rushed. On their website, it is advertised that an hour is spent off the hummer which allows for walking around/taking pictures. I am a huge photographer and very much enjoy taking pictures. This was my first time out to California and I was looking forward to being able to walk around and take pictures at the different places. We had nowhere near an hour of being able to walk around and take pictures. When we got to the turnaround spot up for the hummer ride (which is what I will call it, instead of a tour) we were off the hummer long enough for our tour guide to walk off and go to the bathroom and for me to take a few pictures in about 15 minutes. Not at all what is advertised. The other thing that bothered me was a couple of times I saw our tour guide pull out his phone during the tour because he "got a message." The only time he should have done that is when he got the message from his office and had to call to let them know that we got out of the canyon. Very unprofessional. The next thing is that on the way down, music is played. Is it really too much to ask for the playlist to be put together beforehand? Every time a song was done, he would have to stop (not very smoothly either) and find the next song. In my opinion, this shows lack of preparation. The final straw for me was the time we arrived BACK AT OUR RESORT. We pulled in and got out of the hummer at 6:38. That is 22 minutes short of the minimum time. We booked the 3 hour tour, not the under 2 1/2 hour tour. For a professional tour company, the #1 hummer tour company for Palm Springs, this is extremely unprofessional. When we looked at the time his reply was, "sorry folks, I didn't know that we would be back here that quickly." That is completely unbelievable. He has been doing these tours for years. He knows exactly how long it takes to get from point A to point B. There is no reason we should have showed up back at our resort that early. This is not a cheap tour. It was $79 per person. We were all extremely disappointed that we paid that amount of money for that "tour." I do not and will not recommend going on this tour. You would be much better off going into Joshua Tree on your own and go on a tour guided there. You would have more time to walk around and do things on your own. This is a $79 hummer ride. I also looked for a way to send them a message to share my unhappiness with the day. There is nothing on their website for me to do that. The next thing I checked out was Facebook. I sent a message on Wednesday and still have not heard back. I just checked and there has been activity on there 6 hours ago. For a professional tour company to not follow up with a displeased customer or, dare I say, offer an "apology" is sort of baffling to me. At first when we got back I wasn't so displeased about the experience, but the more that I think about it and the more that I go back on their website and read about this tour, the more displeased I am. It was a waste of $79. I also wanted to leave my experience here so that others can read about what my family and I experienced. Thank you for your time.

33  Thank dontrelle_8
AdventureHummerTours, General Manager at Adventure Hummer Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

We are disappointed that this guest did not inform his private guide he wanted to stay longer. Our guides base there decisions on the private tours interests. Our time log shows that he only was 10 minutes short on his tour. It was a hot day and we understand that guests can decide to leave various walking sites earlier. We have informed the guide and asked him to try to be more punctual. The guide was Louis Cannata who earned a medal of Valor from the governor of California and is one of the best in the business. He is discouraged that this review only dealt with changing songs for the guest on the stereo. We only strive to offer the BEST service.