Canyon Club Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Monroe Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$114
Hotels.com
$110
$100
$70
Motel 6
  • Pool
Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$184
$163
Hilton.com
$75
The Saguaro Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$179
$170
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Andreas Hotel & Spa(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$149
$145
Travelocity
Courtyard by Marriott Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$199
The Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$273
$199
All reviewssteam roomhot tubgay resortisland houseside yardhard boiled eggsother resortsroom safefront desk clerkfun place to stayprivate patiocontinental breakfastyogurtpalm canyonspent two nightsan updatebit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Used to love Canyon Club but lately I have had some issues......Ben is rude and generally complains about his job constantly! Richard is friendly and staff-focused :) I love Chris alot as an owner he has always been so cool :) Other than the pricing switch I experienced and the unprofessionalism from Ben I wont say anything bad about Canyon Club because i like John and Chris :) (Get rid of Ben please)

Room Tip: Dont get a room by the gate please!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John a
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Recently, I took a much needed vacation to Palm Springs. I booked the Canyon Club Hotel because it was relatively inexpensive and in a good area to kind of walk about and explore.

That said I will give you the high points...

1.) The owners were really nice. I got a nice warm welcome and shown to my room.

2.) The room was pretty good. Stylish and cleaned. However, the bathtub could use some remodeling as it looks like a 1960's relic (reminded me of the shower from "Psycho". I left the curtain open just in case). Over all, I liked my room.

3.) The property itself, albeit a little worn down, was really nice. The views of Palm Springs in the morning, from the pool side, were wonderful. I would go out by the pool side, do some journaling, and just make a day of it.

4.) The little garden area was pretty and well kept.

Overall, aside from the aged and weathered look of the complex (which in some spots looked dilapidated) it was a nice place...

My only gripe was the new guy that started working there about a month ago (as he told me).
He was an awful person and quite rude.
While I was sitting by the pool side, reading my book, he walked over and introduced himself saying that, "He'd never seen me here before." (I didn't know it was a prerequisite to be a regular before booking a room). So I chit chatted with him.

So he basically starts grilling me on where I am from and what I am doing in Palm Springs, in the Canyon Club hotel. I started feeling uneasy because most of that was none of his business.

I recently relocated to Austin, Texas for a new job (but months prior, when I made the reservation, I lived in Houston). Anyway, I told him that I came from Austin. He goes back in, prints out my itinerary, and said, "Well it says here you are from Houston."

Yeah, that happened.

He was an @$$hole and the only thing that I can think of that I did was by being a young black man in a hotel populated mostly with white gay men.

Yeah, I pretty much ignored him completely after that and his filthy presence was the only aspect of my vacation that I did not enjoy.

That said...

Canyon club is great place to get away when you just need a break. The vibe is very laid back. Also, do yourself the favor and check out the diner next door, John's. The food is great!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Toddy123452014
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights, the lobby is not welcoming looks like the living room of a messy grandma, the pool and the spa were the best , they also have a little sauna that was working good and a little steam room that I didn't know how to use it. The indoor play area was fun, and the garden was really nice. It's pet friendly and the breakfast was really basic. The room was nice with a little patio for the dog. They give discount for students and military 20 off so it's good know.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diego M
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I can finally report that cleanliness here is getting a lot of attention. My room was cleaned very well each day, including the bathroom. The grounds and pool are also cleaned to a high standard. Of course this property is about 60 years old and is constantly in need of maintenance. For the price they charge, the upkeep is impressive. John and Chris are great owners and the other staff are also very nice. It's nice to find a place with a theme such as this that cares about and doesn't exploit its guests. Of course, while there is action possible here, many guests just come to relax so it's not quite as active as some of the competitor rip-off resorts. That's probably a good thing. Breakfast is OK but if you're looking for fresh squeezed juice and omelets made to order, you'll have go to a $200 a night resort. Here you get cold cereals, frozen OJ, decent coffee, hard boiled eggs and store bought pastries, bagels and muffins. It all works for me - just like home. And being able to walk to downtown or take the 111 bus is a big plus for the Canyon Club. I don't even rent a car when I visit here now that the bus runs every 20 minutes during the daytime.

Room Tip: Pay for three nights and get the fourth free when you book by phone.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank 1NicePerson
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Its not bad and i want to give it an ok review. The main reason i chose this place is that it is dog friendly and for gay men. Our room looked remodeled but the bathroom was very shabby. The shower was very hard to work. Things were missing or rusted. Toilet seat was really old and hideous. If we stayed longer than one night i would have to tell the front desk. Other than that we had a nice stay. Great location and nice pool. The front desk guys were very friendly. If they can fix the bathrooms I would go back.

• Stayed: June 2014