Canyon Club Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Los Arboles Hotel(Palm Springs)
  • Pool
WorldMark Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
  • Pool
Movie Colony Hotel(Palm Springs)
  • Restaurant
Alcazar Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
Colony Palms Hotel(Palm Springs)
Skylark Hotel(Palm Springs)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Desert Sun Resort(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewssteam roomhot tubgay resortisland houseside yardhard boiled eggsother resortsroom safefront desk clerkfun place to stayprivate patiocontinental breakfastyogurtpalm canyonspent two nightsan updatebit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This was my very first trip to Palm Springs and I had not booked a place prior to arriving. So pulling into the main strip I noticed an unassuming building, and thought I'd check it out! I must say I'm glad I did! The owners, Chris and John are the friendliest host you could ask for, the staff was amazing, the rooms were fantastic and there was plenty of Rest to be had and Loads of Fun if you wanted. I'll be back often as the location is perfect! 100% recommended to those wanting a very nice and affordable getaway without sacrificing on staff, amenities and ambiance. Book soon, book often and enjoy the many splendors this little gem in the desert has to offer!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Peter G
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The room was nice and newly renovated. I stayed in a cheaper King studio on the 2nd floor. my window didn't have a view because there is large wood panels over the windows on the outside. i guess this is to block the view to the street below. the only light came from the door window which was fine. The grounds are very nice well groomed back grass areas. The steam room was small but worked nicely and the sauna was the same. The dark room was kind of run down and dirty (but i guess they are all like that) not much activity in the evening it was very quiet compared to other gay resorts. The guess were mostly older in their 50's or above. Its a nice place to stay but not if you are looking for action.

Room Tip: Next time i would take a ground floor room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Darrin M
Reviewed February 17, 2013

If this review were to be based on the hotel alone I'd give it an average, but I got such great service from the staff that I had to upgrade the rating to very good.

The nice surprises started at check-in. I was greeted with a genuinely friendly smile and interest. Right away I was informed that there was a 3-night stay one-night free promotion that I hadn't been told at the time of booking. As I was staying for 4 nights, my stay came actually cheaper than my booking showed, not bad!

When I got in my room I was not pleased at all, it was dark, with the window blocked by a panel and the only source of natural light was the glass panel on the door, but that turned out to be an opportunity rather than a problem. I could see the hotel was quite empty and asked if I could be moved to a different room. Well, not only was my request met with no fuss, but I was upgraded to a bigger, supposedly more expensive room, for the same rate.

For the rest of my stay the interaction with staff was friendly and consistent throughout.

As for the hotel itself, well, as I said, it's ok. The pool and courtyard are nice and reasonably well kept, the side garden could be best manicured, but it's not bad. Breakfast was just OK, served in disposable dishes and cutlery, not very classy. And since the place lacks a real eating room, guests end up using the courtyard tables, or the couches in the lobby.

My room had split personality. The room had been renovated and was nice, but the bathroom seemed to be the same since God knows when, but it was clean and the shower worked, so I'm not really complaining.

As noted before, it was very quiet, probably because it was a particularly cold week in Palm Springs, and that may have scared last-minute visitors from LA and San Diego away. So there weren't many opportunities for interaction with other guests, or day pass visitors, but that is, in no way the hotel's fault.

The main gripe I had was the internet. Sometimes there was none, sometimes I would connect but not go online and sometimes it worked... Going online is especially important for a solo traveler in Palm Springs. I eventually gave up and used my phone as a wireless router.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing Palm Canyon Drive as the outside windows are covered by a panel that, for some reason, management has decided to use to disguise the original architecture.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Rafabozzolla
Reviewed February 13, 2013

As a first time visitor to Palm Springs, was unsure what to expect. Palm Canyon exceeded expectations. Staff are friendly and attentive; facilities were clean and attracitve; comfy bed and high quality linens. The pool and jacuzzi are well maintained and heated. And the side yard and gardens provides tranquility if that's what you're looking for. High recommended, and I will return.

Room Tip: rooms on the second floor offer great views of the pool and mountains
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jfm02719
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is our second visit and we plan on visiting again. Chris, John and Staff are very accommodating and will go out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay. The rooms are clean, comfortable and relaxing. The heated swimming pool and large jacuzzi are clean and well maintained. The facility is great for a gay resort get-a-way. During each visit, we have enjoyed making new friendships. (K&L in Denver)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends