“Quite nice and accommodated a large group”
Review of Brickworks Bistro

Brickworks Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Brickworks Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 340 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tahquitz Canyon & Arenas
Transit: There is one transit stop 50 yards from our building on the main strip of Palm Canyon Drive, in down town Palm Springs.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

At a nice upstairs location right in the middle of downtown, this place has a very comfortable ambiance. We made reservations for 8, later expanded that to 10 with no difficulty. My food was excellent - I had the Fire & Smoke Pizza, a very unique take on the concept....I didn't find it as spicy as they indicated, but the flavor was excellent, crust cooked to perfection. I also had two glass of one of their local beers. I am not a big beer drinker, but the taste was exactly as indicated on the menu - very clean and not hoppy - just like I like. A few others in the group indicated that their food was not as good as they had hoped for, but overall all everyone seemed pleased with the experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Matchbox was very tasty. My wife and I both had burgers, fries were very good too. Food was very flavorful. The price was reasonable compared to other restaurants in Palm Springs. Nice atmosphere on upper level overlooking palm canyon drive. Indoor and outdoor seating. Our hotel recommended Matchbox and we can see why.

Go here, not Lulu (see my review). You'll thank yourself.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great location and bar menu. Had the roast chicken with wild rice and figs. Yum! The waitress was conscientious as my friend and I kept chatting and not getting to the menu. She let us alone and there was no pressure to hurry up and order.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We didn't arrive until 10 pm and I think our waitress would rather have been clearing up to go home. She would ask us if everything was fine or OK but already be saying "good" and be moving away before we had said anything. We were seated in the open air part next to the bar ( not the pizza restaurant which I think was also part of Matchbox). The food was also not great and it didn't help that it seemed quite dark and you couldn't really see your food that well. If we were staying in the area a couple of weeks we would probably have tried it again earlier in the evening but there were plenty of other places to try

Reviewed August 14, 2013

First ate here 4+ years ago when a Realtor friend who lives and works in PS recommended it. I've been a regular diner there ever since, rarely missing having at least one meal there whenever I visit Palm Springs. The reason: always at least 'good' and sometimes 'excellent.' There's always a warm welcome by the host/ess, cool air conditioning or a table on the misted balcony, higher-end well spirits (e.g. Tanqueray, etc) make cocktails delicious for no extra money, and the menu is broad and food really good. Regarding table choice, getting a table on the balcony affords a great view of the main drag and all the drama that parades up and down on foot and in vehicles. It's louder, but if you enjoy people watching you'll love it.

1  Thank dduanee