“Great People-Watching, good food and bar.”
Review of Brickworks Bistro

Brickworks Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Brickworks Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 333 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tahquitz Canyon & Arenas
Transit: There is one transit stop 50 yards from our building on the main strip of Palm Canyon Drive, in down town Palm Springs.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

First ate here 4+ years ago when a Realtor friend who lives and works in PS recommended it. I've been a regular diner there ever since, rarely missing having at least one meal there whenever I visit Palm Springs. The reason: always at least 'good' and sometimes 'excellent.' There's always a warm welcome by the host/ess, cool air conditioning or a table on the misted balcony, higher-end well spirits (e.g. Tanqueray, etc) make cocktails delicious for no extra money, and the menu is broad and food really good. Regarding table choice, getting a table on the balcony affords a great view of the main drag and all the drama that parades up and down on foot and in vehicles. It's louder, but if you enjoy people watching you'll love it.

1  Thank dduanee

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We've been to matchbox many times and when we last visited Palm Springs went for dinner. My wife had the half-price appetizer pizza and she reported it was absolutely delicious. I had my normal flat iron steak sandwich and I must say I was somewhat disappointed because it certainly appeared that they reduced the
size of the flat iron steak from about nine or 10 ounces to about six or 7 ounces, it was about 3 inches long and about 2 inches wide. Pretty small compared to my pastimes at matchbox. It was quite good but quite small. It no longer is worth the $15 a plate in my opinion. Strangely when I asked the server if they'd reduced the size of the steak she indicated they had not and from that point on she never came back to our table until we ended up leaving the restaurant. That seems very bizarre to me. I guess even asking a question which does not look favorable is grounds to thereafter ignore the customer completely.

Interestingly the menu has changed somewhat they actually
added a number of steaks whereas before they had no steaks except the small flat iron steak. They now have a sirloin and a ribeye steak. I'm anxious to try these new steak items and see
what they're like.

All in all I would give matchbox fair to good ratings because they have consistently good food even if the service is sketchy at times.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Located upstairs this place has a nice atmosphere with some outdoor seating which is nice. Service was good and their small plate appetizers are tasty. We enjoyed the sliders with the string onion rings. Not a bad place to grab some cocktails and appetizers.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were not in hurry at all which was a good thing. Our waitress was extremely slow and the place was not busy at all. I had read good reviews about the pizza so we decided to try it. It was some of the worst pizza I have ever had. Maybe the rest of their food is good but I would not recommend the pizza.

1  Thank DRINDY
Reviewed July 23, 2013

More of a boutique pizza place, adjacent to the Falls. The pizza is good but more plain like Margarite, For two I suggest one salad and one pizza, both to be shared.

1  Thank ThomasYV