“Great service, lovely place”

Mediterraneo Resort
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I'm surprised by the negative reviews here. My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. The service was great, the room was lovely and clean. We were staying here so we could attend the Coachella Music Festival and it was a lovely place to come back to each night. Really liked Palm Springs too - a sweet little town.

• Stayed: April 2011
14  Thank thatclaregirl

Reviewed February 15, 2011

THere was no service provided during a two night stay, beds were not made, had to beg for clean towels. Upon arrival, the room I was shown had Big Spiders in the bathtub/shower, the water dripped constantly. The tile floor was covered with little black droppings of some kind, there were spider webs in all the corners and accross some doorways. I demanded the room be cleaned and it was given a lick and a promise.
The outside tile was being waxed and the staff yelled at me to get off the newly waxed tile, I was looking for the check in staff.
My traveling buddies' room was dirty, the toilet would not flush, the stove pilot light was off,, the television did not have any sound. Again no service.
I was told there was rennovation occurring but it appears this establishment is mouldering away and should be put out of its misery.
The cell phone reception and WiFI were intermittant at best.
And in spite of having made reservations, the check in staff could not find the reservations.
The establishment did not make adjustments to the expensive prices paid for these rooms.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank travelista6255
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I had not visited property for over one year and was not looking forward to stay, original hotel I booked had overbooked property and referred me to Adriatic Resort. I was told by general manager villas on back had just been refurbished, villas were very clean and neat. One bedroom villas are nice and comfortable for weekend stays. Hotel is still not up to speed on service, but hotel was pleasant and close to downtown on same street. Restaurant was not open, but was told it is to open soon. Overall good stay and quiet location if looking for a affordable one bedroom villa near downtown Palm Springs.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank southwestpsfan
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Stayed there for 10 days...they never cleaned the room,we had to ask for sheets and chage the bed ourselves, ask for towels each day....and got fresh ones about every 3 days....even had to buy TP. Pool is cold and so is the hot tub. They always seem to have some riff-raff staying there with cops coming to sort things out....and they overbilled me on my card after I checked out...now I have to fix that mess when I thought I was all done with them

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank clemxx
Reviewed April 8, 2009

We just stayed at this resort for one night and it was one night too long!! This resort was dirty (management indicated that a wind storm came through, which it did, but it was still dirty). There was garbage strewn about the parking lot and some within the paths of the property. The water fall was moss and garbage filled ... definitely an attractive sight!

They had a nice koi pond, but unfortunately some of the koi were swimming sideways ... they were dead ... when we arrived and were still there the next day when we left. The lady at the front desk just shrugged her shoulders and indicated that she didn't know why they died. I asked her why haven't they been removed? She said that they were too busy.

At first glance, the room was nice ... very plain, but nice. That was until my wife was attacked by a falling closet door which was just propped up in its opening. Okay, small issue. Next, my kids opened up the sofa bed to find used sheets on the pull-out bed. I called the front desk and was told that I would find fresh sheets in the closet. No offer to come and change the bedding for us. So, we pulled the fresh sheets from the closet and opened the sheets, only to find hair and a not-very-clean, supposedly, fresh sheet. Another call to the front desk produced some new sheets that were dropped off to us. So, the kids were taken care of!

Now, the bed we were to sleep in ... we pulled down the comforter only to find hair in our sheets as well. The sheets looked crisp and clean but they had hair (most likely from the housekeeper). I don't care to sleep in hairy sheets! The blanket had burn marks on it (I thought these were no smoking units).

In speaking with the office person upon departure, I informed them that I would be complaining to RCI about our stay, which I am, but wanted to warn any would-be guests to think twice about staying at this "resort". I don't mind paying $185 to stay somewhere, but not here! I wouldn't pay Motel Six rates to stay at this resort again! Just our two-cents worth...

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
7  Thank Owe-sh
Reviewed November 10, 2007

The hotel was very run down and the grounds were not at all kept up. We forfeited our money and went elsewhere. The pool area was overgrown and the pool dirty and cold. The path leading to the pool gate had bushes growing over it and was covered in dirt and rocks. The water feature was full of moss. We had a murphy bed that was short sheeted so we needed to remake it. There was broken and discarded lawn furniture around the building and adjacent to the patio area. We offered to walk the manager around and help him see the property through a visitor's eyes, but he just said he knew and declined to let us show him what we didn't like about the place. He let us out of the second day of the two day contract but not the first. We forfeited our money and went elsewhere. We would strongly suggest avoiding this hotel.

Stayed: November 2007
3  Thank Reviewfromanexpert
Reviewed July 15, 2007

We were very happy with this place. We stay in a lot of places that are in timeshare systems and this was one of the better ones. It is the best one we have stayed at in Palm Springs, and we have seen several. Our room was very cute as was the entire property, we thought. I don't know what the other reviewer is referring to when they say tacky. Lots of places in Palm Springs are very 70's looking. This one is european looking - essentially timeless styling. It was dead there as it was summer and hot, so the small jacuzzi worked well for us, but we might be a little annoyed with it during busier periods. It is on the north end of town just as you arrive from the LA area, so it is one of the fastest places to get into and out of in town. I suppose the check in/out times are a little draconian, but when you deal with timeshares a lot like we do, you get used to that. We really didn't have to deal with the management, so I can't comment on their helpfulness. There was hardly anybody there, so parking was a non-issue. Maybe during busy periods it could get hectic. The view of the mountains from the jacuzzi as the sun is setting is fabulous!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple