“My dream coffee shop”
Review of Ristretto

Ristretto
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I am so pleased that Palm Springs finally has a coffee shop that is as perfect as the one I used to go to when we lived out of state. Ever since we moved back to California, I have been trying different coffee shops in the hope of finding one I loved as much as my old one. Well, now I have. This place is great. It's in a remodeled building, has an open concept, is gorgeous, has great coffee, very friendly employees, clean restrooms and fantastic bagels. But the best part, and to me this is far more important than all other criteria, is that it is comfortable. I could hug the person that made the decision on the seating and table heights. Those details are so often overlooked in coffee shops, restaurants, etc. Not here. The seating inside and out is very comfortable and the table heights are perfect. You can have your coffee in comfort here and not end up with numb legs from a brick-hard seat, or an aching back because the table was too low and seats too high. (That's a common mistake made in many places). I became a regular at Ristretto quickly and have come in almost every day since I discovered this place. It's my hope they will keep it clean once they start getting extremely busy. I would hate for this wonderful new coffee shop to end up like Starbucks, which has filthy floors, crumbs and trash all over the tables and seats and panhandlers living in the outdoor areas. Starbucks, take note. Ristretto is a model for what a coffee shop should be.

1  Thank jjfpds

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I went to try out the new coffee shop when they first opened about a month ago and I have been back at least 3 times per week since so I thought I should write a review. The coffee is delicious.....I get an expresso and it is smooth and consistency is wonderful. I've also had their italian sodas (try a root beer with vanilla....so good) and fruit smoothies. All get an A+. The muffins, scones and cookies are baked fresh daily and are scrumptious. The decor is tasteful and very comfortable with outdoor seating right on Palm Canyon with beautiful mountain views Try this gem. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank jmmer32
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I tend to judge a coffee shop not so much by its cover as the quality of the baking. Good coffee should be a given. If not, why are you operating as a coffee shop? However, in my search of the most excellent coffee shops in Palm Springs, I have been consistently disappointed by gigantic Costco- type muffins that taste of chemicals and suspiciously look like a mix of powdered ingredients. At the newly opened Ristretto, I found a muffin that looked and tasted like the REAL THING. No scrimping on the chocolate chips in this baby! The coffee was delicious. The ambience was uber-cool mid-century Palm Springs tucked into a stunningly remodeled building. My only complaint is the lack of patio ambience. We need some traffic-blocking greenery outside! Great stop after a busy morning shopping at Revivals.

1  Thank jazzwoman77
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Ristretto (500 S. Palm Canyon) is on the corner of Ramon Road and Palm Canyon and is located on the main floor of the newly renovated Alan Ladd Building. The renovations of this building have taken over two years and it is beautiful. The little espresso place has wonderful espresso drinks along with coffee, tea, pop, juice, delicious house made muffins and scones. They have an outdoor patio with four huge umbrellas which provide shade for every table. Because it is a tad out of the downtown core parking is a breeze in their parking lot. My latte was delicious, very smooth and tasty. My husband's Americano was also delicious. Our friends both had Vanilla Latte's and said they were delicious. We all had fresh baked scones and muffins. Please give this little gem a try and I think you will agree that it is a wonderful addition to the Palm Springs Espresso scene. Sincerely.

1  Thank SSnipDDog
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Serving italian style coffee and espresso, This cafe has only been open for about 3 weeks. They have all kinds of espresso drinks, coffee, tea, most things are available cold or hot. The staff are super friendly and you can tell that they did not skimp on any details.

1  Thank James S