“Christmas Holiday Vacation”

Warm Sands Villas
Seattle, Washington
“Christmas Holiday Vacation”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The staff was very helpful. The grounds are very pleasant. The wine and cheese get togethers in the evenings were a great way to meet other guests. I found the hot tub very relaxing. We had a great time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jim R

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our second stay at WSV, we thought the first could not have been better, we were wrong. The setting is serene with great landscaping and magical view of the mountains and a large pool.
The staff is outstanding and the owners make sure that customer service is the heart of the resort. Alex and Virgil never hesitated to meet our needs. A special shout out to Frank who is a cornerstone of the resort, smart, kind and willing to go the extra mile to meet a request. Free wine happy hour every night is not to be missed.
The rooms are spacious, the bed comfortable and clean. The furnishings were modest and functional. If you are looking for super plush vs. comfortable, this is not the resort for you. But if you want warm, open and inviting with a bit of history, this is it.
The rooms are not insulated so sound does travel occasionally.
Thank you boys, we will be back. Ceton and Jeff from Wichita

Room Tip: Rooms by the Jacuzzi are best for the party people.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ICTguys
Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I love this place. It's very warm and friendly. The room, pool, hottub, and grounds are all lovely. The best part are the other guests and the owners (and the cute doggie -- Kapper). I made some good friends this weekend. The daily wine/cheese hour(s) is a lot of fun. The breakfast could be made a little nicer (the pastry isn't great), but there is plenty of selections, and overall is just fine. I will definately return!

Room Tip: My room faced the back and was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank karpjf
San Diego
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Over the last twenty-years I have always stayed at Warm Sands Villas when I visit Palm Springs. The staff has always been helpful and friendly, and the rooms have always been clean. I feel I can relax from my hectic job here. An ample, continental style breakfast is available for guests. Each time I visit, I notice improvements. An earlier review spoke of "box televisions". Actually, the Villas have flat screen televisions. When I visit, I always choose a room with kitchen so I can self cater if I
so choose. Finally, the Villas are located close to central Palm Springs and all it has to offer. For all these reasons, I give Warm Sands five-stars.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Plumspot
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've stayed at the Warm Sands Villas several times over the years, and it's a fairly nice place to stay in Palm Springs. That said, some parts of the property could use a little TLC. The cement around the pool is showing its age, and is a little rough on the bottom of bare feet. Some pool tiles are missing as well.

The room is comfortable, and the tile floor is very nice. However, the venetian blinds didn't close all the way, and the drain in the bathtub was very slow. These little details need some attention. The owner and front-desk people were extremely friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was nice. The place really shines at night, when the tiki torches are lit and the strung lights above the pool area go on. Part of the reason it looks so nice is that the darkness hides some of the flaws.

I was there in late November, and the pool water was very cold. I don't know if the heater was off or broken, but no one stayed in the pool for very long because of the temperature. Also, the jacuzzi broke while I was there, which was a bummer. To the owner's credit, he had someone out the next day to fix it.

I've stayed at many worse hotels in Palm Springs, but there are also better choices. I would recommend in order: The Hacienda, Santiago and then the Warm Sands Villas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LongBeachTripper
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2012

As ever a wonderful welcome by all the staff. A great stay again - first time in October too. We enjoyed some fabulous weather for relaxing by the pool. Sitting round the fire-pit with wine and nibbles before going out for dinner was a regular pleasure. And night sky viewing whilst in the hot tub was a great way to end the evenings. We had a fire in the room but never needed it!

We'll be going back again in 2013.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rossbear
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The property is first rate. The rooms (and the beds) are very good. The managers and owners are very nice. Breakfast was adequate and there is a dining room to eat (if it's too cold or too hot outside). I chose to have my coffee looking at the mountains and they have a fantastic view. There is even an additional view on top of one of the rooms.
I was surprised as I started to juimp into the hot tub (this is clothing optional) and found the lady house keeper looking at me. I went back to room. It was awkward. I am sure she has seen it all and doesn't care.
The pool was heated but it was still cold. The owners drained it while we were there (the do it once a year) and we were allowed to go swim across the street. Their pool was warmer.
Evenings were nice with the fire pit going to enjoy the heat (in November at 6 pm it is kind of chilly). That was the highlight of the stay there - the evenings at social hour.
November after Thanksgiving things tend to get quiet at all the resorts. Very few people during the week. I tend to like being around people. That is part of the fun of staying at the resorts. By the weekend there were a few extra people. This might not be the best time of year to go to Palm Springs . Prices are better this time of year though.
Will I come back to Wamr Sands Villas? This is probably one of the better resorts. It might be better here for couples than a single guy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the hot tub if you enjoy that.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo