“Ditto”

Desert Riviera Hotel
Ranked #1 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed March 6, 2011

It's a great place. I was trying to think of something to add that might not have been said. They have red licorice for the taking. You can take the room key to Ralph's supermarket and get the discount their club members get. Judy at the front desk was amazing. She recommended restaurants that were perfect for us. It's so comfortable there, it's like being home.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Desert Riviera Hotel

Reviewed February 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for four nights in February. I am a travel consultant and usually take reviews with a grain of salt, but truthfully this is a great place to stay. Very charming, super clean and comfortable, the Desert Riviera had everything we needed for our stay. We did not use the limo so cannot comment on that, however the staff is all super - friendly and gracious. It is the little touches that make this place special, from the fresh coffee in the morning to the welcome drink upon arrival, from the cake and cookies in the lobby to the chocolates on the pillow for Valentine's Day. We spent a couple of days by the pool and then later by the firepit and it really was just perfect. We will definately be back.

1  Thank Alberta1TravelAgent
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Judy offered us a glass of wine when we checked in. From that warm welcome our stay just got better and better. Our room was spacious and comfortable.. The grounds and pool are meticulously maintained. Every night the pool area is aglow in candlelight. The Desert Riviera Hotel is a great place to stay.

Reviewed February 16, 2011

From the moment I called to ask about availability (thank you for being gracious Judy), to the call back to finish the reservation, to the being picked up at the airport by Larry (one of the coolest people every)...to the cold beverages on our arrival, then the surprise champagne on the evening of our anniversary to be followed up with a box of chocolates on Valentine's Day..... The grounds are immaculate, there are fun low key bicycles to ride, to the nicest people that own and run a motel I have ever met! Loved meeting Larry, Patti and Judy and also daughter Luci, at Hotel California!! You guys made our stay so memorable and we already know we will never say anywhere else when we visit P.S....... We were sooooo sad that we had to leave yesterday!

Reviewed February 15, 2011

My three best friends from Boston and I were thinking about going to Palm Springs for one night in April, I tried to book online and couldn't so I decided to call them, this is what happened.
JUDY "Hi thanks for calling Desert Rivera, this is Judy."
ME "Hi Judy, I'm trying to make a reservation for a one night stay in April, can I do that online?'
JUDY "NO, only through me."
ME "Ok, great so I would like to come on April 17th for one night."
JUDY "Not going to happen"
ME "I'm sorry I don't understand"
JUDY "What don't you understand?"
ME "I'm trying to book a room...."
JUDY " LOOK WE HAVE BEEN FULL FOR A YEAR SO NO I DON'T HAVE A ROOM FOR YOU FOR ONE NIGHT IN APRIL."
ME "wow thank you for being so helpful"
JUDY "Your welcome"
Judy was the rudest women I have ever spoken to at a hotel desk in my LIFE! So maybe Desert Rivera is number one hotel so they think they can treat new customers crappy! Wow !!!! I was actually floored by her tone and behavior toward me. I WOULD NEVER STAY THERE! and JUDY you have a serious attitude problem.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
22  Thank holistore818
DRHFrontDesk, General Manager at Desert Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2011

Dear holstore818,
With deepest regret to have your experience with us here at the Desert Riviera via the reservation process be taken less than 100% positive and helpful. We opt to handle every phone call personally rather than use online booking in order to give the utmost personal touch with our new and returning guests. I sincerely apologize for any feeling of less than this attention that you felt from this experience with us. Every phone call is deeply important to us whether it is for one day or many. Our business is based on customer satisfaction.. including the first contact. Again, my apologies. I do hope you will contact us again at a future date... Judy

Reviewed February 14, 2011

First time to stay at the Desert Riviera Hotel and by chance there was a cancellation. We booked our room and met the owners Patty and Larry. They are what help makes this hotel so special. They treat you like your part of their family. The grounds around the pool was so inviting and the guests who were also staying there were just as nice. We didn't get to use the limo but it's free and also Free High Speed Internet as well. Can you believe that...free. I just loved our room plus the bed was so comfortable and we will be back very soon. Thank you again Patty and Larry for making our first visit to your hotel a great experience. Steve & Annette

Reviewed February 9, 2011

We stayed at this property on 2/6-2/8. It was was very nice. The customer service is great. Housekeeping is spotless. Grounds are immaculate. Thanks to KC, Judy, her husband and Isabel for making our stay a nice one. We would return for a longer stay anytime. It is centrally located and close to downtown.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business