“Perfect Relaxing Weekend”

Desert Riviera Hotel
Ranked #1 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I love the Desert Riviera. I have stayed here twice and upon leaving already booked my trip for next summer. I find the hotel environment to be relaxing and fun. You never have to leave the hotel and you can use all the amenties for free. We took the bikes out, got a ride in the limo downtown and last year we even grilled hamburgers by the pool. If you want to truly get away and relax this is the place.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank HCinCA

Reviewed June 2, 2008

The Desert Riveria Hotel is a small intimate place located near downtown Palm Springs. There are a number of excellent restaurants nearby as well as grocery stores, department stores, and small strip malls. Many of the rooms are equipped with kitchenettes and my suggestion is that you bring food because once you arrive you will never want to leave! The owners are on site and I have never felt more welcomed at a hotel in my life. You honestly feel like you are part of their family. My girlfriend and I went there to relax and relax we did. Great rooms, fantastic pool and great guests. Not only did we have the time of our lives, we met amazing people. I wouldn't even think about staying anywhere else in Palm Springs. Pick the Desert Riveria. I promise you won't be dissapointed. Thanks Larry, Patty, Judy, and Steve. I have never felt more special and I had a fabulous birthday. See you next year.
Kristi Burke

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank sandbunny57
Reviewed May 29, 2008

We spent the Memorial Day weekend at the Desert Riviera and couldn't have asked for a better experience. The owners were great and helped advise us on restaurants and activies. And better yet, they set up our tee times for the weekend. We also took advantage of the pool and the free bicycles.

The hotel itself is a neat little place with a very private pool area and garden. There were plenty of places to soak up the sun and the firepit was perfect for evenings.

Overall, a fantastic little place!

1  Thank adamwchapman
Reviewed May 24, 2008

We decided to stay at the Desert Riviera based on tripadvisor reviews. It was our first experience at a "boutique" hotel in Palm Springs, and I can't imagine going to any others in the future.

We didn't know what to expect given the moderate rate we got for the busy season in Palm Springs.

The service was great. Judy, Steve, and Larry didn't miss a beat. Need dinner recommendations? directions? complimentary snacks? Candelight swim by the pool? Normally we have to drive a few more hours out of LA to meet people that friendly!

The room was the cleanest room I have ever stayed in.

I loved having access to their dvd collection and board games. Really made you feel at home.

Good location too.

We will definitely go back whenever we are looking for a quick Palm Springs getaway.

1  Thank Rissanela
Reviewed May 22, 2008

This hotel is a true gem. I stayed from Friday night to Monday morning in Room 10. The room was spacious and bright and the beds are very comfortable. It seems like this is the best room, just from the orientation of the courtyard. Room 10 has a great view of the pool and a nice cozy feeling because it's the last room on the end and on the corner. Even though the temperature was in the mid-100s all weekend, we barely needed the AC because the room stayed pretty cool with just the fan. The rooms are also very quiet. I heard some passing car noise, but not once did we hear any sounds from the courtyard or from other guests. It is great to have a kitchenette too. Larry and Judy and Steve are the essence of courtesy and kindness and had great recommendations and directions for us. We only wish we had had more time to relax by the pool instead of running around town seeing the sights. The hotel is in a great location, central to downtown Palm Springs but also easy to get to Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, etc. My only extremely minor criticism would be that initially I was disappointed that there wasn't a bathtub in this suite, only a shower stall. But there is a wonderful hot tub in the courtyard so who needs a tub in the room anyway? I would return again to this hotel in a heartbeat and would not hesitate to recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2008

Thank you Larry, Patti and Judy for your wonderful hospitality. We felt like we were staying with friends opposed to paying for a hotel.
This was our last stop after a 3-week trip and it was just what we needed. The property itself is a wonderful example of Palm Springs architecture beautifully decorated and styled. Every little detail is spot on.
The relaxed friendly atmosphere allows every one to mix and this is helped by the fact Larry introduces each new arrival (I still marvel how he remembers everyone’s name)
We stayed in room 2 poolside and them moved to the manager’s suite (in the main building) for our last two nights, we loved both rooms. The bicycles were great we took them out a couple of days, cycling to Manhattans for breakfast is a must (believe me I needed the exercise after the amount of food I ate) all of Larry’s restaurant recommendations were spot on.
The building work was not an issue for us and we did spend a full day around the pool.
A couple of nights we walked to the town centre this is about a 20 minute walk so take advantage of the lovely limo service.
The evening fire pits (along with the odd glass of wine) were a fantastic way of meeting new friends.
If you were going to Palm Spring I would highly recommend the Desert Riviera. It’s number 1 for a reason.
Many, Many thanks
John and Nicole. London

Reviewed May 20, 2008

We read the reviews online and thought if it was only 1/2 as good
as they say it would be great. We were wrong.. It was 1 and 1/2 better.
From the cold beer at check in to the evening firepit and wine.. WOW..
It was a perfect weekend and the 1st time in months since we actually started to unwind.
Too bad we never stayed longer..we are planning to return when it get cold again up here in Edmonton. I thought about giving a review of TERRIBLE etc...but only because I don't have our dates picked to return and figure until I book I would be devious and make sure they don't book all the rooms so we have to go elsewhere...lol
This place is perfect.
not a party hotel Not a Kids babysitting resort.. perfect for good times relaxing with new friends.

Jim & Cheryl