“Desert Rivera Palm Springs Perfection”

Desert Riviera Hotel
Ranked #1 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Ridgefield, New Jersey
“Desert Rivera Palm Springs Perfection”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

First time review from a long time Trip Advisor user. The Desert Rivera in Palm Springs is not only a great value. The location is central, the property is beautiful and well kept, the rooms are spacious and clean and the staff is incredibly welcoming and helpful. On checking in we were offered a refreshment and were informed there were complimentary snacks in the rooms, complimentary bikes, complimentary water, movies, games, books, the daily paper - you name it. (They even gave us frozen water to carry in our back packs for our day trips). Judy and Tracy were extremely friendly and gave great insights on all things Palm Springs and in the outlying areas. The only slight drawback, as noted in some other reviews, is the ambient noise from cars passing on East Canyon Road. My wife and I took this into account when booking and as it turned out for us, it was not an issue. We will be back - you cannot go wrong with this property.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number one which I believe was the quietest as it was furthest from the street pas...
1 Thank Dennis B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Hubby and I had tickets to the Wilco concert in Palm Desert on a Friday night and decided to make a weekend of it in Palm Springs. So I did some research on the Interwebs looking for just the right place to stay. Lucky for me I found the webpage for this little hotel. I liked what I saw so hubby booked a pool-side King room for us. We arrived a little after 3pm and was warmly greeted by the lovely Judy and given a generous glass of wine (for me) and a nice cold beer (hubby).
The lobby is small, homey and inviting. The grounds are lovely, well-kept and lots of hummingbirds and butterflies floating about. Our room was immaculate and contained EVERYTHING you could possibly want. Complimentary snacks and beverages are a nice touch and greatly appreciated. Bed was huge and comfy. The decor is retro, mid-century. Very nice. We were able to relax at the pool pre-concert and even took a little dip at about midnight post concert. Hubby scored big points for making this a lovely, relaxing weekend. Perfection in every way. We are already planning a return visit.

Brisbane, California
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We booked 3 nights in room 9, a very clean spacious room. This was our first visit to Palm Springs so I can't compare with other properties. We had a great stay and the selling point here for us was "no children." I couldn't imagine such a small property with kids running around. The staff here is top-notch and really aim to please. The inn is about 1 and 1/2 half miles from town, so we took the Sun bus (line 111) which stops outside of the motel. We normally would walk, but it was 107 degrees while we were there. There are a couple or restaurants within walking distance that we tried, El Myrosal, a mexican place was excellent (went two nights). The reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stars is that it sits right on E. Palm Canyon, which is a very busy street, with continuous traffic noise, even the piped-in music around the pool was drowned out from the cars. I noticed most of the reviews are from people who live in the Los Angeles area, so they are probably used to this continous loud "whoosh whoosh" noise. So despite the noise, a very charming hotel, what a great vision these owners have in keeping the boutique accommodations alive.

Room Tip: Rooms not located along E. Palm Canyon may have been quieter.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I were looking for an affordable yet nice place to enjoy some relaxation time. This place hit the spot for sure. The customer service is top notch. We've travelled all over the place and have never received this high level of customer service. My husband laughed when I said I was sold once i saw the rice crispy treats and Diet Coke in our room. This was after we had already been picked up at the airport in a limo and been offered an ice cold beer upon arrival. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this place is. The pool is heavenly! It was never crowded and it was very peaceful with no screaming children. I love kids but pool time is much more relaxing without any around. They offer complimentary suntan lotion as well. My husband and I road the beach cruisers they offer to the liquor store nearby and brought back cocktail items to enjoy around the pool. They also have a dishes and a fridge in the kitchen which was great. We road the bikes all over town and loved it! Felt like kids again. This place is also within walking distance of a fabulous Mexican restaurant, El
Mirasols. The margaritas are to die for! If your're looking to go to Palm Springs I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Accept maybe their sister property Hotel California which we took a tour of and it also looked awesome. Steve, Judy & Jay made our stay unforgettable and I cannot wait for our return trip!! I could keep going but you really truly should see for yourself. You won't regret it!

• Stayed September 2012
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 25, 2012

amazing staff, gorgeous, unique, retro clean rooms with treats :)
mellow, relaxing atmosphere, small boutique-y hotel w/ only 11 rooms - which i prefer in a heartbeat over a hotel with tons of rooms.

across the street from the ACE hotel which is more party vibe, so you can get the best of both worlds. Close to a few bfast places and coffee.

I will absolutely return here every time i go to palm springs and cannot recommend this place enough.

Room Tip: ask for kitchenette if you bring any food or water. Only microwave, fridge and coffee maker- no sto...
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend. This was a new experience for us. We normally stay in larger resort hotels, whereas this one only has ten rooms, all in a "walled garden" with a pool. As other have mentioned, the attention to detail is excellent and the staff is very friendly and really goes out of the way to make sure you are enjoying the stay. As an example, upon checkout we were offered some cold water for our trip back. It's nothing astounding that'll make me come back, but its a nice touch. My only real complaint is that there is only a few parking spots, which meant we had to park in the street. There's really no excuse for not having parking for all your guests. Here's a quick breakdown of the place:

Pros:
+Excellent hotel service
+Lots of small extras - coffee, DVDs, Free Wifi, shared computer, etc.
+Walkable distance to a coffee shop, restaurants, a few shops

Cons:
-Nothing fancy or modern, a good renovation would help that, but part of it seems to be the Palm Springs style, as it seemed still far ahead of other small places. It wasn't bad, just don't expect to be "wow"d by the rooms.
-Small rooms
-No parking
-Smoking allowed in the outdoor pool area. I don't mind if you decide that cancer is part of your life plan, but I do mind when you decide to include that in mine. The place is so small that smoke gets through the whole place quickly - not a good compliment to a nice swim.

Overall a nice place, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back if Palm Springs were the choice. Just go into it understanding the type of place it is - small, quaint, peaceful, and a little retro.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brandon B
Rozenburg
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great place to stay. We enjoyed it a lot! A warm welcome with a glass of wine and a cold beer. We really liked the garden with the hummingbirds.
After a hot day in Joshua Tree National Park it is great place to relax and take a swim in the pool.
Hopefully we will return here in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #10, which was great