“great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
california
“great place to stay”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

wonderful, quiet, beautiful. comfortable, clean, good location.
great service. lots of hummingbirds.
soft towels.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great! not a place for kids at all. this is a hotel to relax, bike, swim and enj...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Aliso
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Spa services were phenomenal. Kristi, Elsa & Judy made my sisters birthday an extremely wonderful experience by taking a personal interest in our needs! Highly recommend the seaweed wrap, facial & Swedish massage.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank DoctorMiller
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My g/f and I stayed at the Desert Riveria Hotel last week on our trip to Palm Springs. We were looking for a quiet oasis to relax. We both felt so incredibly lucky to have found this hotel. We will not stay anywhere else when we return to Palm Springs. The owners of the hotel are fantastic and go above and beyond to make sure their guests are comfortable and happy.

Scotland
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is a special little hotel. Lots of lovely little touches that makes your stay here one to remember. Lovely little rooms in a very relaxing complex. Would strongly recommend

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Placerville, California
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I wanted to take my Mom on a little get away. We were originally staying at another local hotel, but the conditions there were such that we checked out after the first night. I had been looking around town for another place to stay, and had looked at another location where I was told to go and check this place out. I visited there, and was impressed from the moment I walked thru the courtyard door. The staff were SO helpful, pleasant and courteous. The hotel itself is small, clean, quiet, peaceful. Many nice trees, plants and flowers make it feel like a little hideaway. The desert evenings are made even more lovely by the the candles placed around the pool, and lights in the trees. They have many movies you can take and watch in your room, cruiser bikes to ride whenever you wish, fresh towels by the pool, and a nice selection of suntan lotions! So many more little things that would take too long to mention really made it a great place to stay. I would happily stay here again, and look forward to returning to this peaceful little oasis in the desert.

Room Tip: Room #8 is smaller than the rest, no kitchenette or pool view. But it does have a little private pat...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2012

A friend and I visited Palm Springs on a road trip and stayed here one night at the beginning of June. I did a lot of research before settling on a hotel and based on reviews from Yelp and Trip Advisor, we booked a night at the Desert Riviera. I emailed Judy to make my reservation and was promptly sent a reply and confirmation. Needless to say, our expectations were exceeded.

Judy greeted us and offered us a cold drink immediately upon us walking into the office. She welcomed us warmly, showed us the amenities and explained all about the area. Larry was very welcoming as well...we felt like we were visiting family the entire weekend.

The property is on a main road but once you walk into the gates, the outside world seems to fade away. It's a quiet and intimate setting. We stayed in a room with 2 beds and were pleasantly surprised about the size and quality of the room. There was a nice table/chairs with a welcome basket of snacks as well as a kitchenette with microwave, mini-fridge and dishes/utensils (this was perfect because we had packed our own snacks for between meals and gave us a place to keep our drinks cold).

We immediately set out to enjoy the pool...it was clean and well stocked with towels and sunscreens/lotions. The setting is very relaxing and the adults only environment meant nothing but quiet tranquility. My friend borrowed a bike the next morning and took a short ride around the neighborhood, complete with directions and a map from Judy and Larry.

We were truly bummed that we hadn't booked another night at the Desert Riviera because it was the best place we stayed on our road trip!! Palm Springs at this time of year is on the quiet side due to the weather (hot) but we took advantage of the pool during the day and got a great rate (because it's off season).

The only minor thing that would make me give it a 99% instead of 100% is that the wi-fi (while free) wasn't working well and was very slow. This made searching Yelp for restaurant reviews a bit tricky.

Overall, we would definitely stay here again if ever back in the Palm Springs area!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I frequent the obvious luxury hotel experiences of the beautiful desert of Palm Springs on a pretty frequent basis... we decided to 'try something new' for our 'baby-moon' / my birthday getaway. I didn't want to stay at the normal places which are a bit more crowded, lots of kids, lots of people, lots of STUFF. We considered a private home rental but only booking 4 days made that a little pricey. My husband stumbled across this gem of a hotel and let me tell you, we will NEVER STAY ANYWHERE ELSE! Let me explain... The owners, Larry & Patty, really know PEOPLE and they have created an environment where you WANT to hang out at the hotel... all day! Their attention to detail is incredible... truly... they could, quite easily, fold a massive pile of towels by the pool like all the other over-priced-average-at-best-resorts we are used to in PS... but instead, someone nightly rolls a single towel and gently lays it over the back of every sun-bather (Of which there are plenty for the 11 total guest rooms on the property...which means no overcrowded pools with only sun beds in the shade etc...) Every sun bed is perfectly sunny or shady (swivel umbrella options...amazing) and half the pool has overhead misters which is brilliant in the hottest of summer. Upon arriving, the enchanting, vine outlined gate is just as charming as what awaits beyond it... although typical, mid-century charm as only Palm Springs should be, there are NO tacky color schemes or overbearing-pepto-bismol bathrooms... everything is just timeless and perfectly thought out. There was a huge snack basket waiting for us in our room (FREE)... which matters, when you're 8 months pregnant and 'snacky'!! And at other hotels you'll pay 3$-4$ for a bag of crisps or a candy bar, here they stock you up when you check in and it's all yours (details. details. details) The kitchenette was awesome, as we love to have our own food available... also stocked with (FREE) soft drinks and waters, and they don't turn the fridges off in between guests so the fridge was, yes, actually cold. Brilliant. They have a bunch of cruising bicycles (I saw at least 6) that are FREE to guests, so my husband and I got a nice little workout riding to grab coffee in downtown (1.6 miles away). The location is great (directly across from The Ace hotel, perfect if you want to hit the bar for a little more action etc. or grab a bite at Kings Highway...) Less than a mile or so from Ralphs and the huge shopping center. Parking = FREE. A massive wall os DVDs to choose from - FREE. We usually unwind after a long day in the sun by watching a movie and at our typical spots, that will cost us about 9$-14$!!! We watched 6 movies over the course of our stay!!! for FREE! ;) you get where I'm going with this right?? On top of all of that, the pool was PERFECT. Great size, perfect temperature, and the grounds were beautiful... Nightly, they leaf blow the flower droppings etc, replace all the chair towels, perfectly rolled & color schemed on each side of the pool, they put out candles at every table and set the ambiance with mood music as well...then, in the morning, they clean it all up and make sure everything looks absolutely stunning & serve complimentary (OBVIOUSLY) coffee and tea, as well as fruit throughout the day. And MORE... There is a community kitchen you can use stocked with sauces and spices, foils and utensils etc so you can prep food then use the grill out by the pool and create your own romantic dining experience. I desperately needed a massage and they arranged a massage therapist to come to my room (Pazzan) who was absolutely wonderful and equally worth returning for!!! Overall the experience was so wonderful we actually extended our stay because we just couldn't bare to leave! We can't WAIT to return and promise, we won't be staying anywhere else! Thank you to Larry and Patty for making us feel like family!!! ;)

3 Thank Brit W