“Instant Relaxation”

Century Palm Springs
Chicago
“Instant Relaxation”
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I just returned from a nine day stay at Century PS. This was our second stay there, and if consistency can be a measure of quality, this place is fantastic. We were warmly greeted by Charlton who let us know about some of the goings on in PS since our last stay, gave us some new restaurant recommendations, and invited us to leave the chill of Chicago behind and to start relaxing. The staff, some of whom have changed since our last stay, we attentive, sweet, and unintrusive.

Again, we are looking forward to our next stay at Century! D&D Chicago

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Once I discovered PS and it's crazy mid-century martini vibe - I was hooked. That big, black (when the sun passes) mountain, blue desert sky and waving palm trees coupled with avocado, orange, turquoise and yellow around town makes for a great blood pressure-lowering escape.

I discovered the nifty [naughty] Warm Sands area in my research and sought out lodging options. Having stayed at several resorts of varying quality and, well, seediness - I stumbled on this stylish spot and was thrilled. From the design to the experience - it's cocktail chill.

Charlton and his team keep the place in good order and are attentive and helpful. Love the groovy organ in the lobby - waiting for a cocktail-y, Mad Men singalong!!! Ready with recommendations, savings (sometimes they partner with folks) and my martini - in a real martini glass or towels - they offer a non-intrusive, clothing optional retreat that may have its moments - but isn't too sexually charged to be able to chill.

It is my home away from home.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Michael D
macclesfield
Reviewed April 27, 2012

A very pleasant stay at Century Palm Springs, a very relaxed atmosphere will excellent service. The staff are simply wonderful, helpful and always have a smile on their faces. The complex itself is truly amazing and generates a calm, warm and serene atmosphere. We stayed at the resort for 10 days and left very relaxed and rejuvenated. My partner is in wheelchair and the complex is fully disabled access compliant. Breakfast was vey tasteful and an excellent variety of drinks and snacks available throughout our stay. We would rate the Century a def 11 out of 10 and would highly recommend a stay. I dare anyone to go there and not have a good time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Goteed1
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My first visit to this hotel was a very unexpected surprise. I was looking for a gay hotel for a last minute trip and booked here based on reviews and I was truly not disappointed.

They really pay attention to detail here in service and in design of the resort. I had a basic King room and it was more than enough room for 1 person. Big comfortable bed, flat screen TV, small fridge a Kuerig coffee maker with all kinds of coffee pods as well as creamer in the fridge. (Not to mention, the safe, the shoe shine kit, the sewing kit, etc) And of course the fabulous mid century styled furniture.

The public area is a Mad Men inspired dream. A modern take on mid century and plenty of great detail for comfort. Clips on the loungers around the pool to hold your towel in place, candles lit at sunset, all in all, a very "zen" environment.

Every morning, you're handed a french press of fresh coffee and today's local paper with a continental breakfast. There is an open pantry all day long for snacks and drinks. You can also get a free pass to World Gym and The Palms Springs Art Museum.

Service was understated and friendly. I was left with the impression, that this place is working very hard to make your stay enjoyable.

At this level of service and amenities I could find little to complain about, however I will say that the bathroom in my room looked great, but design won over function here. It's a little cramped for 1 person (Not enough room on the sink for your shaving cream, razor etc) and the lighting is too dark (Lights only fit on one side of the mirror creating too much shadow, when trying to shave)

It's great to find a place that pays so much attention to detail and that seems to care about your stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 10, 2012

This was our second visit, and we thought it couldn’t get better than the first, but it did! When we arrived we were greeted by Carlton and felt like we were welcomed home. The rooms are above average in cleanliness, the staff is very friendly and professional yet friendly. Attention to detail and customer service is tops. During cocktail hour Carlton gave us excellent referrals to restaurants, made reservations, and even printed out directions for us. He even offered to pick up lunch for us on his way out one day! During breakfast Greg offered suggestions of places to go and things to do as well. Even when laying out by the pool, when they would bring out fresh towels, they would ask if we needed bottled water or soda.

Our only problem now is how to figure out how to get back to luxury of Century more often!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Having stayed at the Century several times in '08 and '09, I could not say enough good things about my stays-- clean, stylish mid-century modern furnishings, with a friendly staff.

A recent visit revealed none of this still exists. The lobby now contains an immense church organ along with it's oversized sub-woofer (think small refrigerator)--- still scratching my head as to how this improves the guest experience? Any interaction with the staff (during our stay, Carlton seemed to channel the energy of his namesake, from the old RHODA TV show) usually ended with a NO or I DON"T KNOW. He specifically was more concerned with chatting on Manhunt, which was clearly visible to anyone walking into the lobby, rather than addressing any guest's concern.

After a day and a half of rudeness and apathy, we checked out---

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
10 Thank NYCtreks
phil pa
Reviewed December 2, 2011

First thing i would like to say about this place is how well they have redone it. They put alot of money in making it very contemporary with the emphisis on CLEAN ie no carpeting. The poolside is very nice and they have alot of staff for only 9 rooms. No complaints except bike i got got a flat in town but i got the bike for free from them. Breakfast was good and they made the coffee as i could not figure out the one serve mr coffee machine.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple