“Definitly the unique and very best place to stay in Palm Springs”

Century Palm Springs
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I discovered Century Palm Springs in 2005. I was running away from a resort close to it where I originally booked and stayed just one night...
It is my 19th stay since! Should I say more? Yes, am a european guy travelling a lot and I must say this place is totally unique. First, the location and the unobstructed breathtaking view. Second, the very stylish small manucured resort. Rooms are great with a lot of details, simple but in fact very sophisticated. The staff (the old like the new one) is extremly friendly and really care about guest's confort and satisfaction. It is not totally by chance that the guests in huge majority look like the place.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I've stayed at numerous guest houses in Palm Springs over the past 10 years.
I was staying at a different "resort and spa" and had to finally leave because of the condition of the property and the unwanted "critters" in the bed. So, I called Century. Wow, what a difference! Yes, the price is more but it is so true....you get what you pay for. The decor is crisp, modern and refreshing. The service was very good. It is a smaller complex, which for some might not be what they are looking for, but for my partner and I it was great. We've already booked a long weekend for the end of August. I would highly recommend Century to anyone looking for a more upscale stay when in Palm Springs.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

My 2nd time here, the Century simply doesn't fail to deliver! One of those places where the property actually looks better in person than on the website. So much has been paid attention to every little design detail. It's a mid-century-lover's dream, but not on overkill.

For gay men, the place does tend to cater to couples, but a solo traveler will feel welcome.
Both times I stayed in a deluxe king (which has an extra sitting area), but I checked out the standard king rooms, and they are completely spacious as well.

Those looking to do some cooking while there, rooms #8 and #9 are really cool suites which have kitchens, dining areas and private patios. They're really great!!

Most important and what I love best about the place is the staff/management who truly add to the level of comfortableness of your overall stay there. Charlton, James, and especially Greg are simply the best!! Treat yourself and stay at Century!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We've stayed in other PS gay resorts...this one is outstanding on all accounts. The staff is very accomdating, friendly and service oriented. The mid century moderne decor is very nice. The rooms, gounds and pool are spotless. We would definately go back! This is a place for couples and good friends, not those looking for lots of extra 'action'. Totally relaxing.
Brad & Steve

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I have visited the Century 4 or 5 times a year over the past seven years. It remains a beautiful, comfortable, clean property.

Over the last two years, however, the place has been sold to new owners and new management put in place. On my last two stays, Charleton, the not-the-general-manager, never left the office except to leave for the day and to open the door for arriving guests. He never helped a guest with a bag, he never offered a cocktail or snack during happy hour, he never skimmed the pool (kind of necessary when the wind picks up), he never picked up a towel discarded poolside. All the niceties of the past--morning television news and Aspen Mills breads at breakfast, the great selection of magazines, chilled towels by the pools, popsicles in the afternoon, the making of dinner reservations, traffic reports for the trip home--are gone (at least if he is on duty). What service that remains has to be exacted. And when you ask for service you are as often answered with a "no" as a "yes" (this would include, btw, asking for vodka during happy hour--they ran out of it on a holiday weekend). Regardless of the answer, the tone will be cold, off-putting, and more than likely rude.

Not coincidently, the demographics of the guests are not the same as they used to be. We're a bunch of 40-something professionals. We are pretty low-key. Other repeat visitors have become long-time friends. Recently, we seem to have less in common with the some of the other guests, some of whom would be as comfortable staying at CCBC as at the Century.

The Century is not inexpensive. My group typically stays in their three top rooms. We are all repeat customers. Yet the new staff cannot seem to remember anyone's name. The new staff seem unable to return phone calls. And recently getting reservations correct has become a problem.

It is very sad. It seems as if the new owners and the management he has chosen are bound and determined to run this place into the ground. The good news, there are options (right across the street). Granted those options are as expensive or more, but they are committed to guest services (at least they claim) in a way that the Century no longer seems capable of or interested in.

24  Thank silverlake_advisor
Reviewed May 27, 2011

First off, this is by far one of the best gay resorts in Palm Springs. The level of cleanliness and style is fantastic. It really can't be beat in an inn of this size. We hope to return.

However, we overheard SEVERAL repeat guests (we have visited before as well) say that the new day manager, while cordial, is distant and not terribly accommodating. Complimentary Social Hour drinks were simply not offered to any guest one night. Breakfast, which is served from 8-10 was not ready until 8:30. When asking a question at the front desk, a response of "this is your last question" is not funny when delivered with a blank stare. Several guests asked that the lounge music be put on by the pool and were told it didn't work. When the charming evening manager came on, the music suddenly worked....three days in a row.

We understand that staffing changes must happen. But, what drew us and others to the Century was the perfect balance of friendliness and professionalism. It's a small 9 room Inn, not a huge hotel shouldn't be managed by a cold distance.

We heard several guests saying, we won't be back if this is the service we're going to get. My partner and I couldn't agree more.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
28  Thank CityGuys60750
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I recently decided to try a different guest house in Plam Springs having stayed at InnDulge, Santiago and Hacienda numerous times. I chose Century given the wonderful feedack I had heard from others who had visited Palm Springs in the past and their recommendations were correct. While one of the smaller guest resorts in Palm Springs with only nine rooms, the intimacy of this size makes for a wonderful trip. The staff couldn't be more friendly or helpful. The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean, the pool area is fantstic and beautiful at night. During my stay I was the only "newbie" with everyone else being repeat visitors and I can totally understand why! Century truly is one of the best kept secrets in Palm Springs and for those who want luxury at an affordable price and with stellar service. This is the place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo