“Our First Visit”

Manhattan in the Desert
Reserve with OpenTable
Manhattan in the Desert is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 342 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Farrell
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Friends have recommended this restaurant to us for years. We finally decided to try it for lunch.
My husband had their Roast Beef Sandwich with fruit and a diet soda. I had their Veggie Sandwich with fruit and an ice tea.
Our lunch was delicious!
The staff is very friendly & helpful. The ambiance is very desert themed and welcoming.
We will be back for dinner.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

What a great surprise! First trip to Desert Mirage to visit brother-in-laws vacation house and he took us to Manahattan for lunch. The menu has everything... I mean EVERYTHING. We all ordered different items and we enjoyed every bit (and brought some home for a late night snack). Our food ranged from club sandwich to matzo ball soup to chicken caesar salad - all a hit. On the way out, we took home dessert from the front case (key lime pie, pb pie, brownie) - all were amazing. My opinion is this is a breakfast/lunch location - wouldn't be my choice for dinner.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Have lived in the desert for several years and have heard of Manhattan but never tried it. Decided to try breakfast and it was outstanding. Too many options might the a complaint. It was so good that we came back two days latter for dinner. Sorry we waited so long, great option for well priced menu and now on our regular list of options for a nice dinner, lunch or breakfast.

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is cute and right next to Desert Isle- where we stayed. It's convenience to our hotel is a plus. However, food is just half a grade above Denny's. Just presented nicer. We ordered their standard french toast and eggs, over easy. Was sufficient. Their coffee is average and their latte tasted like the "automated, push button, gas station style" lattes. They do offer their specialty pancakes and french toasts that we did not try. Our rating is based on what we actually ordered.Would eat here because of convenience.

1  Thank da-mung-ster
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The first time I ate at Manhattan in the desert was for breakfast. Everything was very good except for the home fried potatoes and hashed brown potatoes. I ordered the hash browns and my brother ordered the home fries. Having good breakfast potatoes is a very important part of the breakfast experience. If they would change those items my brother and I would eat breakfast there every Saturday morning. My sister and her husband were here visiting and our whole family kids, grandkids, brother and myself went there for dinner. It was the best dinner I have had since I moved to the desert from Ohio over twenty five years ago. My whole family loved theirs as well. I have had several breakfasts since my first one there. The cook made a mistake on my order twice. I am hoping the owners are reading this review. Please make good breakfast potatoes like the rest of the food in your restaurant. If you would also talk to the cooks and have them read the order correctly.