“Superb!”

Copleys On Palm Canyon
Reserve with OpenTable
Copleys On Palm Canyon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 343 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Betweem Alejo & Tamarisk
Description: Copley’s on Palm Canyon is an award-winning restaurant serving upscale American cuisine infused with traces of tropical and European flavors. Located in part of the former Cary Grant estate, guests may experience a sense of nostalgia while dining outside on the patio with stunning mountain views or enjoying the inviting atmosphere indoors. Executive Chef Andrew Copley has an extensive 20-year culinary background at five-star restaurants and hotels across the world and is known for innovative dishes.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We read helpful reviews of Copley's on YELP and Trip Advisor before heading out to Palm Springs and decided we wanted to try it! We were not disappointed! From the atmosphere, waitor, food--we couldn't have asked for a better night! We had the ahi tacos appetizer (delish!), the warm goat cheese and beet salad and the ahi entree, which was one of the specials that night. We also ordered dessert--chocolate ravioli's! It was described as two chocolate pillows filled with cream and we couldn't pass it up. WOW! So great! Do be sure to make reservations! Thank you Copley's ....great job!

2  Thank Jennifer S

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is upscale dining in an old Cary Grant movie star estate. Nice ambiance, not to mention the romantic patio with firepit,, couches and fireplace. Nice knowing this is not right in the heart of PS. But you can expect a high end bill if you do the courses right and enjoy every bit of it, well worth it. Started with the Smoked Duck appetizer. Perfectly cooked and just enough to share an opener. Then went on with the main course Lamb chops,4 of them cooked medium rare perfectly with fantastic spinach and mashed yukons with melted gargonzola. Don't forget to knaw on those bones to get it all. The special for the night was sesame crusted Ahi tuna with garlic potatoes and sweet sour sauce.. All very yummy. Then of course you have to make room for the homemade desserts. The decision was very tough. We went with the Apple crumble with homemade cinnamon ice cream and I went with the Sticky pudding which had dates and toffee and homemade vanilla bean ice cream. What a fantastic meal, perfectly paced by an excellent waiter . The manager also makes sure you are happy with your dining experience. On the way out make sure to stop in the courtyard to enjoy the ambiance or have an after dinner cocktail around the firepit. Perfect evening.

1  Thank monetkids
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been dining at Copley's for several years and have never been disappointed in the food, service, and attention to detail that they give. Yes, it is upscale. Yes, it is pricey. But totally worth it. My favorite item on the menu is their Lobster Pot Pie...OMG! Huge chuncks of lobster and a flavorful sauce that just makes me want to order another. Another favorite of mine is their pork chop...HUGE and tender and more flavor than anywhere else I have ever gone.
You are welcomed with open arms when you arrive...the patio is my favorite place to dine...simple white table cloths, a small flower center piece, and shinny silverware and glasses adorn...You have a nice view of the court yard and fountain...a place to smoke if you are a smoker, herb garden to view, and people watch. I love coming here as the sun is setting and the lights in the restaurant are just coming on...it all adds to the delightful atmosphere and dining experience! Truly romantic.
They have a private lot to park in and valet parking on the weekends. Reservations are strongly encouraged as it is a popular place. If you are lucky enough to meet Greg, one of the 3 owners, he will not disappoint you...huge smile, warm welcome, and he will remember your name! A huge plus in my book!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My partner and I dined with another couple and both found the service rather snooty. Two of us had the famous lobster pot pie which was disappointing and overly flavored with Pernod. Everything else was good but at these prices we expected exceptional service and food. We've enjoyed great fine dining around the world for less and can do without the attitude.

1  Thank MarthaToronto_Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My lobster was the worst in my life, smelly , I had to spit it out. The steak had a lot of fat in it and overcooked. The service was pretentious. Very expensive for what it is. Will not return.

1  Thank sebaillet