“Cary Grant's old estate”

Copleys On Palm Canyon
Reserve with OpenTable
Copleys On Palm Canyon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 318 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Betweem Alejo & Tamarisk
Description: Copley’s on Palm Canyon is an award-winning restaurant serving upscale American cuisine infused with traces of tropical and European flavors. Located in part of the former Cary Grant estate, guests may experience a sense of nostalgia while dining outside on the patio with stunning mountain views or enjoying the inviting atmosphere indoors. Executive Chef Andrew Copley has an extensive 20-year culinary background at five-star restaurants and hotels across the world and is known for innovative dishes.
Sydney, Australia
“Cary Grant's old estate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

How we wished he would have appeared out of the shadows! Quaint, warm interior - fabulous waiter and equally great food. We would definitely return here.

• Visited January 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Good food and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Great restaurant for fine dining - food was really good. My husband took the tenderloin and it was delicious. I took the salmon which was good but had a lot of sauce. Cute location with big patio for summer.

1 Thank Vanessa604
Palm Springs, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Birthday Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I took my wife and six friends to dinner for my wife's birthday. We sat outside and it was a perfect meal. We ordered appetizers, wine, entree's and dessert. Everything was wonderful and we will be back.

SoCA
“Perfect Christmas Eve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Copleys offered a delicious fixed price menu on Christmas Eve which was a lovely way to spend Christmas Eve in Palm Springs. The service was attentive and unobtrusive. The food was delicious and beautifully plated. The atmosphere was warm and relaxed. I think we have a new Christmas tradition and we'll be back when we can enjoy the outdoor patio. It's a special spot for any special occasion.

san francisco
“some excellent touches, but overall a disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Had dinner on Christmas Eve, so this review may not be representative of dining with the regular menu.
First time visit to Copleys, not sure I would go back. The food was overly complicated and didn't quite come together for several dishes (note: beware the sauces on or under entrees.)
We parked nearby and walked up to the entrance. The valet provided no greeting, which felt unfriendly (though we were not using his services.) Warm greeting by the front of the house and were offered seating inside or outside. Happy we had seating inside, would not have been happy if we needed to sit outside that night. Warmly greeted by our wait person who said he'd give us a minute to look at the drinks menu. He then disappeared for at least 10 minutes. Saw him waiting on other tables, so may have just had too much to take care of. When he came back he asked for our drink order and I indicated we were ready to order drinks and also knew what we wanted to eat (my mistake, but we had had plenty of time to peruse the menu and I did not know how long it would be before he came back to take our meal order if we waited.) We ordered our drinks and meal and after a few minutes received both our drinks AND our first course at the same time. My mistake to have ordered all at once, I never thought they would bring our drinks with our first course, but I should have said something when we ordered. We did miss our opportunity to enjoy our beverages before the first course.
Now the food:
special, very limited, 3 course meal. Starter and main course had one selection each that was not seafood. I had the arugula salad with braised duck and orange and cranberries and......way too busy. one of the others in the party loved the soup, other was "ok." main course.....I ordered the steak and lobster without the lobster (because I can eat no seafood/shellfish.) I asked for the demi on the side and was glad I did. The steak was cooked to perfection and delicious, the demi not so good so glad it was on the side. The sea bass had too much going on, a melange of flavors that just didn't work. The third entree was good. Dessert was a sampler, nothing special but good.
For $65 nothing special, but it was Christmas Eve. I was surprised at how limited the menu was (I could have ordered lamb but it was way too busy on the menu and included some seasonings I am not a fan of.) Although I resented ordering an entree that was missing half of the combination, the steak was delicious and perfectly prepared. The regular menu (which I had looked at prior to booking) was more varied.
This restaurant has some great aspects, but I think the kitchen needs a gordon ramsay simplification of the menu.

3 Thank djptraveler