“1st Class Golf Course - 1st Class Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Escena Golf Club

Escena Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: 18-hole, par 72 Nicklaus design, rated #6 public course in California by PGATOUR online. Wide fairways, great views, highly acclaimed cuisine, ultra-cool mid-century modern clubhouse. Open to the public for golf, breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.
San Jose, California
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“1st Class Golf Course - 1st Class Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Having MANY golf courses to choose from in PS I went with Escena. After a initial phone call to set up reservations and having them bring my golf cart to pick up my clubs in the parking lot all were 1st class. Checking in they asked if this was my 1st time at the course and Yes it was. They gave me a course lay out booklet that gave me the course/hole description and yardage. Great tool to have! The golf carts are new and come with a ice filled cooler, tee's, towel etc.. The course it self was in super condition and the greens were excellent. Just a great golf experience!

3 Thank ceskydup

penticton, bc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“December 26th 2012 lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

As a winter visitor to the valley I have used Escena Golf Club for showing my friends and winter visitors the lovely view from the club house and dining room.

Today, December 26th took 2 friends out to lunch and had reserved a table in advance thinking the restaurant area would be full.

We were told the specials......"a hearty noodle soup" and a Roast beef sandwich with a side of Fruit.

The soup arrived MINUS the NOODLES and we had to return that for the kitchen to "add the noodles". $9.00 for a bowl of soup?????

The "special Roast beef Sandwich" was something that normally would have been charged $10.00 at the most. Today it cost us $15.00 EACH!!!!!!

So, go to Escena but make sure you ask the prices for their "specials" as we got tottaly ripped off today and wont be going back for awhile.

Go for the view and avoid the dining room.

They need to learn that there are cheaper places in the valley and to stop ripping off Tourists.

1 Thank hunk
Palm Springs, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great for locals and out-of-towners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

When I have visitors I always try to treat them with a visit to the restaurant at the Escena country club. Everything about the place is great! In the first place, the views from the patio are probably the best in the Coachella Valley. Indeed, I have one such photo as my screen saver!
But as far as the restaurant is concerned, the food is good, the price is right, and the serve more than competent. My recommendation is for Sunday Brunch, and make sure you get there by 11 AM. After that, the place gets busier. But if you arrive before the rush, the service is VERY fast. My favorite brunch item is the tenderloin eggs Benedict, with home style potatoes. Further, the champagne keeps coming, and while it's not Moet, it still gives a pleasant buzz. Afterward, walk around the grounds and take in the delightful view. I do it every time!

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

great recommendation by our hotel. we had lunch at Escena CC. Spectacular views from the outside dining area. Overlooking the lush green golf course are unobstructed views of the mountains. The BLT sandwich is very good.

Visited November 2012
NJ
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Maybe the most beautiful spot on earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

This golf course is gorgeous. Every hole, including the 19th has a tremendous view. The course is challenging but fair with many sets of tees to satisfy all levels of ability. The course was in wonderful condition. Plan to have something to eat there as well as the food in the dining room is excellent. We stayed after our round and had happy hour on the patio and watched the sun set over the mountains. I'm not sure if I used my clubs or my camera the most that day.

Visited December 2012
John F, General Manager at Escena Golf Club, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for the nice words! We're glad you enjoyed your day and I'll make sure to share your post with our team!