“Great for locals and out-of-towners”
Review of Escena Golf Club

Escena Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: 18-hole, par 72 Nicklaus design, rated #6 public course in California by PGATOUR online. Wide fairways, great views, highly acclaimed cuisine, ultra-cool mid-century modern clubhouse. Open to the public for golf, breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

When I have visitors I always try to treat them with a visit to the restaurant at the Escena country club. Everything about the place is great! In the first place, the views from the patio are probably the best in the Coachella Valley. Indeed, I have one such photo as my screen saver!
But as far as the restaurant is concerned, the food is good, the price is right, and the serve more than competent. My recommendation is for Sunday Brunch, and make sure you get there by 11 AM. After that, the place gets busier. But if you arrive before the rush, the service is VERY fast. My favorite brunch item is the tenderloin eggs Benedict, with home style potatoes. Further, the champagne keeps coming, and while it's not Moet, it still gives a pleasant buzz. Afterward, walk around the grounds and take in the delightful view. I do it every time!

There are newer reviews for Escena Golf Club

Reviewed December 10, 2012

great recommendation by our hotel. we had lunch at Escena CC. Spectacular views from the outside dining area. Overlooking the lush green golf course are unobstructed views of the mountains. The BLT sandwich is very good.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This golf course is gorgeous. Every hole, including the 19th has a tremendous view. The course is challenging but fair with many sets of tees to satisfy all levels of ability. The course was in wonderful condition. Plan to have something to eat there as well as the food in the dining room is excellent. We stayed after our round and had happy hour on the patio and watched the sun set over the mountains. I'm not sure if I used my clubs or my camera the most that day.

John F, General Manager at Escena Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for the nice words! We're glad you enjoyed your day and I'll make sure to share your post with our team!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a beautiful golf course and the price is very reasonable for the Palm Springs area. The fairways were in great shape, the greens still a bit challenging. We were treated very well by all of the staff and will be back for another round on our next trip to the desert.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great welcome from the pro shop and the course is in great condition and a real challenge with some "interesting" greens. Fairways were in good condition and got round in 4 hours with a "not bad" score!!

We ate twice at the restaurant where the food is great and the service good. Would reommend a reservation just in case, clearly a popular destination for the locals.