“Good course but watch the wind.”
Review of Escena Golf Club

Escena Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: 18-hole, par 72 Nicklaus design, rated #6 public course in California by PGATOUR online. Wide fairways, great views, highly acclaimed cuisine, ultra-cool mid-century modern clubhouse. Open to the public for golf, breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a really good course but you need to watch the wind. it was very windy when I played but this did not put me off having an enjoyable round on a good layout. I would go back if/when back in palm springs.

Thank d.reid11

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is in response to dvsdeedee who wrote that the course was in deplorable condition. Well, yes, like most courses in the area this one was getting ready to close for the month of October for re-seeding. I'm not sure why you expected a lush, green course when most all courses are in this condition this time of year. If I were you, I would have googled when the best time to use your certificate would be so that you can experience the course when it is green and lush, not when they are getting ready to close to re-seed.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very pretty dining room, and the food was great. We dined in the Grill that overlooks the golf course.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I purchased an "UnderPar.com" certificate to use for golf for my husband and myself a few months ago. It was going to expire October 1st so we went to use it this past Monday, September 24. The course is in horrific condition. I mean horrible. Dead fairways, grass cutting debris everywhere, bumpy greens. I understand they were getting ready to shut down for overseeding but really? If UnderPar is going to sell those deals, and if this course is going to offer them, then they need to be upfront about the condition of the course. That being said, the course looks as if it could be beautiful when it is restored. The clubhouse has a hip vibe. The only food we had was hot dogs at the turn, but I have to say that was one the best hot dogs I've ever had. Still, shame on both Escena and UnderPar for selling "deals" when the know the course is going to be in that condition.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Post Modern Arhitecture - BEST I've seen in the valley. All you can eat ribs, PreFixe menus are unusual and delicious. Bacon Bloody Mary - Smoky and deep.