“beautiful and out-of-the-way”

Spencer's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 347 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed August 7, 2014

A bit of a hike in the blazing heat, but you are rewarded with a secluded courtyard, dominated by a huge tree that attracts hummingbirds. Misters, shade from the tree and a breeze from a very large fan kept us very comfortable. started with the Kung pao calamari. yummy and very filling. DH had the pasta special - - brimming with seafood and in a creamy garlic sauce. He was ecstatic. My baja shrimp salad was good. 5 large shrimp cooked perfectly on a bed of shredded lettuce, with a bit of avocado and grilled corn. Nice, but not exceptional. Terrific and well-priced cocktails. $6 for a perfect, cucumber-infused gimlet. Very enjoyable

Write a ReviewReviews (1,808)

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I am in awe of this place!! I was here for dinner about 3 years ago when visiting friends in Palm Springs. I did not stop talking about it and hoped to come back again. When my husband and I planned a California trip for our 20th anniversary, with 2 nights in Palm Springs, making a reservation at Spencer's was the first thing I did.

We were greeted with really cute inserts in our menus wishing us a Happy Anniversary. The food was amazing and in my opinion, a great value for the price. I just don't have words to describe the ambiance on the patio. I love the trees and the twinkling lights hanging from the branches. The light music in the background adds to the atmosphere too. We were not rushed out at all - we enjoyed every minute of dinner and the wine. The hostess was very happy to take a couple of pictures of us. We also chatted for awhile about the really cool candy sculpture by the front.

I know we all have different tastes and expectations, but for me, Spencer's is it. I love it there. I have not found any other restaurant that brings about the same ambiance as this one. And the food is just as good as the ambiance. I cannot wait to return again, hopefully soon!!!

Thank you Spencer's for an anniversary dinner I will never forget!!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went to Spencer's for brunch and I have to say it was amazing. There were about 12 of us and everyone's dish looked amazing. I would highly recommend the eggs benedict that come in many different variations. It looked to be pretty pricey for dinner, but I would definitely recommend them for brunch!

1  Thank colby1001
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My wife and I loved the warm decor of Spencer's. We were seated at a booth close to the piano player. Very romantic. Our waitress was attentive as was the busboy. He filled our water glasses with great timing & stealth. The food was great. I had the largest shrimp cocktail I'd ever seen and she had a tasty caesar salad. For the main dish we split two 8oz lobster tails. Outstanding!
Price with a couple of cocktails & tip was about $120.00.

2  Thank Irod65
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is one of the most romantic and incredible restaurants in Palm Springs--patio seating (and dog friendly too), an amazing chef, great drinks, SUPER CLEAN and a really great value. This is the place to go for breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks and desert too. Noticed it was voted "Best of ..." in several categories by a local newspaper and magazine and all is true--it is the Best of the Best! Will continue to support and enjoy.

2  Thank Mark A