“The Best Kept Secret in Palm Springs”

Spencer's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 340 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have to say that Spencer's has one of the best lunch menus in town. Not only that, the prices are extremely reasonable. Some folks are intimidated by this place, but I am here to say that you should GO. Check it out. I had one of the best BLT sandwiches ever there this week, loaded with fresh tomatoes and bacon, with homemade potato chips - for $7.95! Service is top-notch, and the food is delicious. Give it a try!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,746)

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Last night I had soft shell crabs for dinner at Spencer's. Three hours later I was projectile vomiting and spent the night on my hotel bathroom floor hugging the toilet. I have never felt so ill and I am sure it was food poisoning from dinner at Spencer's. I called the next day and management showed no concern or responsibility. My weekend get away to Palm Springs is ruined and I remain sick in bed as a result of poor kitchen prep / sanitation. Had management shown the least interest or concern I would not have written this review. But as I lay in bed sick, dehydrated and weak I think it best to let others know what happened to me at Spencer's. Time to clean the kitchen and train your manager Mr/Mrs Spencer.

3  Thank ted j
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I read that Spencers was one of the best breakfast spots in Palm Springs. I can't say that because I haven't tried others, but it was very good. We at on the patio and it was a beautiful day and not too hot. I ordered Huevos Rancheros and while it was prepared a little differently than some, it was very tasty. It was on a crispy corn tortilla instead of a soft one and was a little difficult to cut, but I managed. Also, the refried beans were served in a separate bowl rather than on the plate with the eggs. I mixed them up anyway. No rice came with it, which I like, but that's ok. Instead it came with home fried potatoes. It was covered by a nice sauce and overall it was a good breakfast.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Food, value, service and atmosphere was excellent. The wait staff were prompt and polite with excellent manners. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We almost didn’t go. The website does not do this place justice. Their home page leads with choices of breakfast, lunch and then dinner. It implies a different kind of place or possibly a hotel restaurant. Also, the last several reviews were all about breakfast. Well, their breakfasts may be good but this is a high-end dinner restaurant. The service, décor, ambiance were all first rate. We chose an outdoor table, which was in an interior cobblestoned courtyard with three large mature trees with misters all around. The restaurant is at the base of the mountains, so despite the 90+ degree temp at 8:00 PM, it was very comfortable. I had their soft shell crab appetizer, which was perfect, followed by a Caesar salad that was all right, not great. For the entree, I had the rib eye that was very tender, tasty and grilled to perfection. For a side, I had the truffled French fries-- fabulous, but the portion could have served two, if not three. My wife had the sesame-crusted salmon, which she raved about. The dessert list could not be ignored. My wife had the signature carrot cake and I had the Banana Cream Pie “Martini”, no crust served in an oversized martini glass. The portions were so large and rich that we couldn’t finish either. This was an overall excellent dining experience. We rate Spencers as the best of the high-end restaurants in Palm Springs.

2  Thank DP49