“One of a Kind”

Spencer's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 329 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I joined another couple here for lunch. It was a first visit for all of us. With Spencer's location - nestled against the mountains just west of downtown and adjacent to the historic Tennis Club - I was mildly apprehensive that our experience would be pricey, stodgy, or both. It was neither. We were greeted immediately by a friendly hostess and led to our table in the beautiful glass-enclosed, heated, open-air dining patio. Service was prompt, attentive and professional. The three course prix-fixe lunch was expertly prepared, generously portioned and quite delicious. I enjoyed every bite. Based on our experience, we will be sure to include lunch at Spencer's in any future visit to Palm Springs.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Dittos to the other reviews who mention superb food, classy ambience. We were in Palm Springs at the end of February, early March and were looking for a great restaurant to celebrate a special birthday. A friend of ours who lives there immediately recommended Spencer's and secured a reservation for us on their outdoor patio.

We were pleasantly surprised to find a very elegant restaurant nestled at the base of the San Jacinto mountain, though we could not enjoy the view since it was nighttime. The place was really doing a business and we were happy to see that they offered valet service since there were no parking spaces anywhere that we could see.

We knew right away this was a great place because it was teeming with people, always a good sign. When we were finally seated (we did not have to wait long), it was on their outdoor patio,which is really a deck that surrounds three large trees and has walls around the sides. Radiant heaters mounted on the walls gives the patio plenty of warmth; in addition there is a fire pit as well as tall patio heaters which were not turned on while we were there... It was plenty warm without them.

Now for the food choices: the menu is huge and offers such a wide variety of dishes, it was hard to make a selection, but we opted for dishes we seldom choose--filet mignon and ribeye steak. Both of these were superbly prepared and the cuts were large enough that we later asked to have the remainder boxed up so we could enjoy another meal the next day. Our waiter willingly complied.

Spencer's deserves its high marks for atmosphere, service, and outstanding food, as well as a good wine list. We each had a glass of a Rodney Strong cab, which was smooth and velvety. Somewhat pricey, Spencer's is worth a visit. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Palm Springs is blessed with this wonderful little gem. From the moment you walk through the door you are treated like welcomed guests. We will be returning as there were so many delicious sounding dishes on their menu that I had a hard time ordering. My final decision was a glass of proseco and the nicoise salad with grilled ahi tuna ($15.95). The serving of wine was very generous and delicious ($9.00) and my salad was so large I had to request a "to go" box. My husand had iced tea and the corned beef hash ($11.95), it was served with roasted potatoes. I wish I could remember the name of our server as she was warm and friendly. I look forward to my next visit and believe you will too. Lunch is a wonderful option if you want to give this outstanding restaurant a try.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Top rated restaurant and delicious food. Service was wonderful. We sat next to the wine cooler door and I would recommend another spot as every time the door opened we got a blast of cold air. The outdoor heated area would be my pick next time. It was a cool evening and as first time people we sat inside by the piano...which was wonderful...but not next time...we will sit outside. Duck was delicious and my husband had the lamb which he says was good. My friend raves about the brunch...so maybe next time. wonderful decor and a great place to eat on Thursday night....then head down to the street fair....made open table reservations...worked fine too.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our first visit to Spencer's was lunch. We had an enjoyable meal. The atmosphere was great and the service superb. We would certainly return