“Our third stay - and we'll be back!”
Review of The Rossi Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm Springs
The Rossi Hotel
Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is the third time we've stayed at San Giuliano, and it was as good as ever. Yes, you pay a bit more here, but you certainly get what you pay for. We have always stayed in the Sunrise or Sunset, where you have a living room with kitchenette and a sofa bed, a totally separate large bedroom and an excellent bathroom, with jacuzzi bath and separate shower. Outside you have a totally private patio with chairs, table and loungers, as well as a private hot tub and a chimney fire.The swimming pool is well heated, and there are two large barbecues for guests' use. The management is both friendly and efficient. Throughout the day there is coffee on tap, and at breakfast time, fruit and juice is available, while later in the day Prosecco and soft dinks are available. The location is also superb, only a few minutes walk to the main shopping and restaurant area. One thing worries me - there are a few reviews which rate San Giuliano as terrible, but they are three years old, before the current management, so take no notice of them whatsoever. This is a class place if you want peace and quiet combined with luxury and excellent service. Note that this is a child free hotel!

Room Tip: Go for the Sunrise or Sunset Haciendas

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We recently spent our 50th wedding anniversary at San Giuliano and had a great time. Romantic for a couple of "seniors" who are reliving our 2 day honeymoon 50 years ago during semester break. Staff was wonderful, loved the courtyard and the morning coffee and biscotti . Easy walking distance to great restaurants and quiet neighborhood. We will definitely not wait 50 years to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Ladies and gentlemen,
We arrived and were greeted very nicely, the staff seems to just want to do nothing more than to serve the guests and make their stay as memorable as possible. The grounds are superb, decorated with wonderful lush flowers and greenery. The pool is wonderful with a dolphin statue and two small waterfalls that flow into the beautiful 88 degree pool. This place spared no expense in making our room as nice as possible with amenities like small chocolate kisses on our pillows....nice touch.
There is even chips and orange juice with a bottle of champagne (the good stuff), and fruit all poolside on a help yourself cart. All iced down of course. Can this place be closer to godliness, i think not.
I have read the review below mine and felt like the persons leaving the review was incorrect in their statements. The staff here at the sg is only out to help the guests and make their stay as good as possible. As far as the beds, my wife and I have back issues and are disabled and we found the beds to be very, very comfortable, the mattress is a foot and a half thick and very restful in serenity and bliss from the wonderful hot tub. The mgr/owner is so profoundly nice, you can honestly see sincerity and happiness overflowing from the staff. To be honest...don't change a thing because we wouldn't stay anywhere else in Palm Springs but the San Giuliani. We appreciate your having us and catering to us so well. You are the best and have the most consistency i have ever had the pleasure of staying with.

Room Tip: All the rooms are superb, some vary in size and decor.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We generally enjoyed our stay but ultimately found this hotel not quite as great as it looked.

We enjoyed room 7 with its own bit of patio, garden and hot tub. The pool and seating area was nice. The location is first rate - a short walk from central PS and yet a quiet and peaceful neighbourhood (how Desert Riviera,where we also stayed, on the highway, is higher rated than SG beats us!).

However on the downside:
* we found service a bit spotty (delay in checking in, staff not switching off the hot tub at night as they said they would, and strangest of all we looked all round for one of keys only to find that Marina the owner had picked it up where I had left it on a recliner but had not returned it to us, despite us being there)
* beds were not very comfortable
* the system where hot tubs are on 24 hours so we got woken (in the otherwise very quiet environment) by a heater coming on at 2am to heat the water. Again did not get a great response re this and had to work to get the hot tub switched off - don't you just love centralised plumbing systems (not)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
mrossi, General Manager at The Rossi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

When the staff and I read this comment this morning, we were ALL quite shocked and disappointed. I personally checked in these guests as soon as they arrived at the hotel which was at our regular check in time of 4pm. I showed the guests to their room and assisted with their luggage. After they were situated in their suite, they came out to our outdoor lounge area and I chatted with them for a while. They told me how beautiful the property was and how amazing their suite was and how excited they were to have found us having been a bit disappointed by their stay at another hotel a few days prior. During their stay of 3 days, I was at the property each day interacting with the guests and chatting about their plans while in Palm Springs. On their last day, I noticed a set of keys sitting at an end table at the pool with NO other items around it and certainly not the guests themselves. Housekeeping brought my attention to the lonely keys so I picked them up for obvious safety reasons and brought them back to the front desk. The guests had another set of keys so I certainly was not locking them out. I obviously was not doing this to inconvenience them, but rather to assure that their belongings would be safe. I checked around the courtyard and quickly looked around the property for them but could not find them. After a short period of time, the gentleman came to the front desk and I gave him the keys explaining that they were left by the pool. He thanked me. That same day, he mentioned that the jacuzzi was turning on in the middle of the night and asked if we could turn it off. We actually turned off the breaker immediately, so it would have been impossible that the jacuzzi would have turned on after that. After the guest's departure, the breaker was turned back on. I am not sure what "noises" the guest was hearing, but it could not have been the jacuzzi. I understand that some people are more sensitive to others in terms of "noise" but the jacuzzi is outside the suite and in 10 years, we have never had such a request. With that said, we do EVERYTHING in our power to assure that ALL of our guests are comfortable, happy and content during their stay. Again, we are all disappointed with this comment as it is a total shock to all the staff on property. As is evidenced by our consistent 5 star recommendations, our staff goes above and beyond to assure that our guests are pleased and return as repeat guests.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We spent 3 nights here recently, for Valentine's Day and the Mid-century modern week. The location is superb, 3 blocks to Palm Canyon Drive and restaurants and shops there. The hotel is a very quaint spanish hacienda style, most rooms surrounding a very nice albeit small pool. Each room has a small walled private outdoor area with jacuzzi. The website is very descriptive, with representative photos of each room (there are a total of eight). When sitting around the pool the area feels like a secluded and lush oasis.
The service was also excellent and the place was immaculate. Stephanie, the day manager deserves special mention - we had a slight problem with a room service order delivery and she had the charges waived, which was quite unexpected and above and beyond the call. All the staff seemed to be very centered around comfort of the guests.
My only slight (and completely constructive) criticism would be to serve the morning coffee earlier, say 7:00 or 7:30, for the more earlier risers. We didn't find the in room coffee to be as good as the fresh brewed.
We will definitely stay there again on our next visit to Palm Springs.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is a boutique hotel for Adults - the service takes you back to the grand old days of forties Palm Springs.
We were met, greeted and shown to our room (with a glass of wine to accompany us) by Stephanie - who for the rest of our stay would call and and or greet us to ask if everything was OK with our stay. The service was stupendously good.
The room (We stayed in the Velvet room) was everything and more that I expected and exceeded my wife's expectations. As this was Valentines weekend, and my wife had no idea where we were going, I now have enough Kudos for the rest of the year - which means I get the chance to watch a full season of Hockey and NFL before the Honey Do list set's in.... Thank you!
The rooms are large, well appointed, and clean. The private patio made for wonderful evenings sitting in the Jacuzzi under the stars.
The hotel boasts a great central garden, with a pool. Every evening there would be a drinks trolley placed in the garden which the guests were able to sample from - A simple gesture that went a very long way.
For those of you that don't want to enjoy the fine restaurants located within 'stumbling' distance, the rooms also contain a small, equipped, kitchen. But to be truthful, there are a myriad of great value, and quality of produce, restaurants within Palm Springs (I would definitely recommend the Matchbox - utilized by the San Guiliano as its room service restaurant.)
The location is second to none, the area quiet, the views stunning.

If you want something special - this is the place to be, and we are already planning our next trip back - Wonderful

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed for a 5 night Babymoon Feb 7-12, 2014. The location of the San Giuliano is unbeatable. You are only about 2 blocks away from the main strip and great restaurants (book a veranda at Matchbox for great people watching). We drove past Hotel California which is also rated high on Trip Advisor and the location doesn't compare. There is plenty of parking directly in front of the hotel on a very quiet street. We were never bothered by noise or traffic. We stayed in the Sunset Hacienda which we loved. The patio overlooks the mountains and receives lots of beautiful sunshine. Being pregnant, I couldn't use the private jacuzzi but my husband used it every day. We loved that the jacuzzi water is changed after each guest and a pool person checks the water balance everyday. The rooms are a great size and so welcoming, we ate in more than we ate out (plus, we did have to watch some Olympics.... Go Canada!). The bed was very comfortable (this from my husband who is a terrible sleeper) and the bathroom was a great size. The room was very clean and was perfectly decorated. We loved the 1920's charm of the property and the pool and courtyard are beautiful. The pool is heated and was very enjoyable even in February. Beside the pool is a complimentary drink/snack cart with orange juice, ice water with fruit or veggies in it, champagne and plastic pool/jacuzzi safe flutes. For snacks, there were mini bags of chips and such. There were also two BBQs near the pool which we assumed were for the use of the guests. Each morning was started with complimentary coffee, biscotti, and fruit (oranges, apples and bananas) served right next to the room next to the laundry facilities. Notwithstanding this, there was still no noise and we were sometimes in our room well into lunch time (maybe once we heard something in the daytime but open the doors and the sounds of the birds will drown anything out). Being from Canada, we loved that there were no mosquitos and we often kept the patio door open to enjoy the sun and birds. We watch a hummingbird from our patio while sitting in the provided robes. My husband went for a run up the mountain every morning while I had plenty of space in the main living area to do pilates and yoga (move the coffee table and away you go). The staff, esp Marina the owner, were also amazing. To avoid high shipping and import costs, when I know I am travelling to the USA, I shop online and ship my purchases directly to the hotel I will be staying at. The staff were more than willing to accommodate and were even so kind as to email me when each package was received. When we checked in, it was like Christmas when they delivered all the packages to our room. The San Giuliano, unlike some hotels in Las Vegas that charge to receive and hold packages (call in advance to see what each hotel's policy is...no names Aria and Encore) did all this complimentary. We brought some friends back to check out the hotel after dinner one night and they (who regularly travel to PS) loved it as did we. We see no reason to stay anywhere else on our next trip to PS and highly recommend it. Enjoy!!!