“Luxurious Relaxation”
Review of The Rossi Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm Springs
The Rossi Hotel
Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Redlands
“Luxurious Relaxation”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We wanted a short get away in Palm Springs so we booked at San Giuliano. We were immediately impressed by the surroundings; all eight rooms open up on to a quiet, verdant courtyard with a heated pool, and a communal sitting area. More impressive was the fit and finish on the room; the furnishings were stylish and comfortable, the accessories were useful (they had a charger for my phone built into a radio), and the private hot tub in our fenced in patio was luxurious. We spent most of our time floating around in the hot tub. We invited some friends who lived in Palm Springs over for a visit and they fell in love with the place as well.

The manager, Ricky, was extremely courteous and friendly. He made sure we had everything we needed. He personally showed us to our room and explained how the pin codes worked for the doors, then made sure we were able to use them correctly. He checked in from time to time to make sure we were comfortable. What service!

The room we stayed in had a spacious living room with a fridge, a micro, a stereo, a flat screen television and wrap-around sofas; enough seating for all of our guests. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was well appointed.

San Giuliano is a short 2-block walk to Palm Canyon Drive where everything happens in Palm Springs. We walked downtown and ate at some wonderful restaurants and great bars.

Since every one of the eight rooms is unique, we plan to go back as often as possible and stay in each room.

2 Thank Jeff W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Riverside, California
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This little 1920s hotel was so magical, we didn't even want to leave to explore Palm Springs. We only left the hotel to get food. Each room has a private patio with a jacuzzi. There is a grill next to the heated pool, so you can bbq while enjoying the beautiful scenery. The hotel is very quiet, and is framed by a beautiful mountain backdrop. The manager Ricky was very kind and helpful. We already want to come back next week!

1 Thank Jennifer T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in March for 4 nights. Very lovely garden which is lit up at night and looks very romantic. Pool area was small but nicely done. Excellent service from the staff who couldn't do enough to make our stay comfortable - including keeping us topped up with coffee, snacks, iced water and mimosa's by the pool! All the rooms are nicely furnished and have private gardens with outside hot tubs. Perfect hotel for couples. Located in the tennis club area which is nice and quiet and just a short walk into town and all the restaurants. Gorgeous views of the mountain from the hotel garden. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Laguna Beach, California, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I chose San Giuliano not knowing anything about it (except for what was online, which for most places is unbelievably misleading). I truly lucked out. I literally was stunned when I walked in to the property. I paid very little in comparison to how perfect San Giuliano was. I had a wonderful, peaceful getaway. The room was spotless clean, which I really appreciate. The room I chose had a private patio, which was huge with an outdoor table, lounge chairs, and jacuzzi. There was a beautiful pool area in the courtyard, but I never felt any need to leave the solititude of my patio! The kitchenette was also a nice size- I had brought some food from home, hoping I could utilize that space, and I had plenty of room to prepare my food. The area was also well stocked. In addition, I enjoyed having a large TV to watch the basketball finals on :) Lastly, Ricky was very helpful regarding a late check-in. I wouldn't change a THING about this place. It was exactly what I needed for a little R&R, but The Sunset #1 room would also make a phenomenal space for a romantic weekend for two. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I stayed in the sunset room, #1. You will love it!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This place is a great find! We were traveling through Palm Springs and had not made hotel plans. I found quite a few great reviews for this hotel on Tripadvisor so we decided to stop by and take a quick look.

There was only room available: The Sedona Room. It was quite attractive with french doors opening up to the pool, a good sized bedroom, comfy bed, wood floors, separate living area with big screen TV, big bathroom with a separate shower and Jacuzzi tub AND the room had a private courtyard with its own hot tub! The pool area was very nice as well and the place is within walking distance to the main "drag" of Palm Springs.

We decided right away to take the room. Then manager told us that they were having a Visitors center special so while the room was normally around $180 we got it for only $99! As it turns out, Palm Spring area hotels fax their daily specials to the visitor's bureau. If you stop in there they have a list of discounted hotel rooms in the area. I wonder if other bureau's do that? In any case, if you don't want to stay here you can check this bureau for additional deals.

In any case, I thought this place was lovely and we met some other nice people, too. What a gem!

3 Thank Suzanne J
mrossi, General Manager at The Rossi Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
We are glad you were able to enjoy one of our rare last minute specials and enjoy the Sedona Hacienda and the beautiful grounds of The San Giuliano. We hope to see you soon!
Laguna Beach, California, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I came for two days in March and again for three days in May to relax and see some friends who live in Palm Springs. We have stayed in many places for the past seven years and our favorite place closed, so we were in search of a new, relaxing, private, small hotel. The San Giuliano Hotel met and exceeded our needs!

The staff was friendly and helpful – we thought it was a nice touch that Bob served us mimosas upon our arrival. We found the location to be very convenient to walk to shops, restaurants and the movie theater. Both times we stayed in the Sunset Suite and enjoyed having a private backyard with a Jacuzzi. It was nice to have a separate living area and made it easy for us to unwind and read. We also love having a mini kitchen so that we can put wine and cheese to enjoy appetizers at any time of the day. The only downside is that the rooms are not brand new, however because they are so clean it makes up for the dated look. The pool area is perfect – just the right amount of pool and lounge chairs. We recommend The San Giuliano Hotel for all of these reasons and look forward to coming back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ann D
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at San Guiliano for one night during Memorial Day weekend. Overall, it was a great stay; we will stay here again when we go back to Palm Springs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool experience is wonderful...nice lounge chairs, nice floatable mats, calming music playing. It's very relaxing. We stayed in the velvet room which was very nice. We had our own private patio and hot tub. The only complaint was that the hot tub water didn't get past luke warm. Again, this place is great.

• Stayed May 2013