“Piece of Spain, romantic and private=heaven”

and 1 more site!
The Andalusian Court
Ranked #3 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Orange County, CA
“Piece of Spain, romantic and private=heaven”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Because it was during high season we stayed at the villa #3 over the weekend at $239/night. First of all, this is not a full service hotel/resort. Yes you get daily maid service and fully stocked ammenities such as toiletries and coffee but think of it as a collection of private villas. Also, because of this the management office isn't open 24 hours like at normal hotels/resorts, instead its open 9-5 with contacts available. But really, there's no need for it if you understand and plan accordingly.

This is the most romantic and "exotic" destination in this area. It really is designed for couples and the entire facility is small, intimate, cozy, romantic, and dreamy. Let's tour our villa:

PROS:
-Location: You can't get better location than this. Its off of a small residential street off the downtown Palm Springs (5-10 mins to everything, once you check in you don't need your car unless going to other attractions nearby) It sits below the San Jacinto Mtn in between the downtown in a private residential area with small boutique hotels and private residences next to the even more private resorts. This is not a touristy neighborhood, you def get the privacy
-Villa: I can't speak well enough about this place. You really get a sense of being somewhere foreign and exotic like in the coast of Spain somewhere=hence the Andalucian coast
-Villa #3: First you open through the main entrance to your villa which leads you into your own private courtyard with private access to the pool in the center of the common area. Another door which leads to the inner courtyard where the jetted hot tub is, yes, outdoor jetted hot tub which is totally enclosed by the green foliage and the courtyard. Finally the most adorable door to your 1 bedroom villa, a livingroom with a fire place, a kitchen, a huge bathroom, then a cozy bedroom. Free water and snacks available at no charge in the kitchen, pick up your free duraflame at the office and light up the fireplace. USE the jetted hot tub with the bath grains they provide, so private and intimate, use it everyday if you have to. The grotto shower in the bathroom has an outdoor view with an extension to the patio which really makes you feel like sitting on the rolling hills of a wine country
-Grounds: There is a small pathway from where the office is and through the back where you end up in a garden with a patio of lounge with a fire pit. Then the 24 hour open pool with built in BBQ grill, free water and utensils onsite all exposed under the mountain

Tip: Don't panic that its not a full service hotel, because it isn't. When you pull up there is no giant double doors to go through, small entrance with a tiny water feature, open it, pass the well (yes, a real well) to the office. If checking in late they'll email you the lockbox instructions, but be aware you'll go to the lockbox designated to your own villa (there is more than 1 entrance door) Just be observant when you reach the address, you won't see a huge sign but look for a small water fountain feature with a small sign, once you figure out the lockbox senario try the keys and keep opening all the doors until you see the # to your suite (its fun, its like a tiny maze)
Tip: Walk out and do the 5mins walk to Spencer's restaurant and sit on the patio. AMAZING food, AMAZING ambiance, and just a short walk along the foot of the mountain. You can't get more romantic than walking back to your dreamy villa after an amazing meal, all under the moonlight
Tip: You get free water, free junk food snacks, serveware and utensils at the BBQ grill at your disposal, take your own meat and pretend like you are in a small village in Europe
Tip: The neighborhood is bike friendly if you want to take your own bikes
Tip: Its got cable TV and a CD player, just envision being in a cottage and just hang out listening to your fav CD

Room Tip: All the villas are very unique, go on their website and really choose one that speaks to you.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank cheaptravelbug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Glendale, California, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2011

This place was perfect! It was everything we wanted for our romantic getaway. My husband and I stayed in Villa #3 and it was great!! It has 3 private patios, our own private entrance from the front parking, and an amazing shower!!!
Will be coming back for sure!!
true gem!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sara G
Coulsdon
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We spent 5 nights staying here. We had rooms 6 and 7 and they were totally different to each other and yet gave the same feeling of uniqueness , quality and charm. They are , in effect , one bedroom apartments , each with TVs in the Living room area and in the Bedroom. They both have kitchens / dining areas and outdoor spa baths. The main pool is just a few steps from both rooms and the gardens are really beautiful , quiet , private yet right in the heart of Palm Springs. If you want a drink with dinner you have no need to drive or catch a taxi as there is a large variety of restaurants right on your door step.
My only quibble would be that the WiFi connection was not as good as it good be but I do understand that the owners are working on this problem.

Room Tip: All 8 accomodations are different and it is worthwhile spending a bit of time looking at the Andalus...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank bettysdad
Santa Rosa, CA. USA
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This was mine and my husband's first trip to Palm Springs. I stumbled upon this beautiful little hideaway through Trip Advisor. All of the reviews were spot on. This place is a little piece of heaven. We stayed in Villa #7 which was so beautifully charming. With our private courtyard with Jacuzzi tub to the fireplace in our room, everything was perfect. It is clean, beautifully decorated, wonderful pool right outside our door, and has friendly accommodating hosts. AND it's within walking distance of all the restaurants, bars, shops, etc. We will definitely be returning for a longer stay. This is the perfect spot for couples.

Room Tip: Suite #7 is spacious and beautifully furnished, near the pool, yet quiet. It does have one room ups...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pamela59
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 27, 2011

What a beautiful villa court this is!! The pool area , fire pits, & fountains adorn this lush calming landscape.The villas are very,very nice. Our villa (#6) was very tastefully appointed. This villa featured a washer & dryer set, full kitchen, central air, private spa tub among other wonderful details. And wow, what a great staff....courteous beyond belief!! My wife & I enjoyed $ great days here and we'll return every chance we get.

Room Tip: Plan early to determine availability
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LonnF
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I have been planning a trip to Palm Springs since last year for my B-day; but ended up not working out-so this year I was super excited to be going for my B-day getaway! I booked two seperate hotel reservations at other places but still wasn't completly sure...then I found the Andalusian Court by mistake and knew this was the place without a doubt. My friend and I were brining our doggies so we needed a place "Pet Friendly", had a full kitchen, large room space, and private yard or patio. The Andalusian Court had it all and more, from the time we checked in Lisa (the owners sister) was so sweet and friendly showing us around the property and to our room. I know that she said there was other guest both days of our stay but we did not see a single person the whole time, even when we lounged in the pool not a glimpse of anyone....we thought we had the Spanish Villa (what I like to call it) to ourselfs. I think at one point we both looked at each other and said we didn't even notice the 115 degree heat since green lush trees and plants surround the whole property and block out most of the heat. The ice cold cooler of water with lemon by the pool was a plus as well as the comfy pool rafts and noodles (Tony gets a A+ for adding the pool equiptment). Seriously too much to list from the super comfy bed, loved the lush blankets, beautiful marble shower, full kitchen (we cooked evey meal and didn't even leave for the two days) the spacious living room that we booked in-room massages both days (if you want a excellant massage therepist I highly recommend Sammy w/Massage Machanics & Palm Springs Spas) . Oh the air conditioner kicked butt, it was awsome to have and you can controll the tempeture. I can go on and on but one last thing is Larry the new owner, he is so amazing and he listens too...we had told him about a few things we experienced and next thing we knew he was already incorporating them! Wow, the Customer Service is A+++. We hated to leave and dreaming of my next trip back (soon). Thanks Tony and Lisa for taking over and making the place truly a relaxing dream come true!

Room Tip: Villa 4 is amazing and one of our favorite, but Villa 1 has largest living rm area & Villa 3 has...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cozmopltn28
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 25, 2011

In my 26 years of life so far, this is the most amazing hotel I've ever stayed at. All the positive reviews are true and the pictures don't do the place justice. A few weeks ago my girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights, after spending 3 days at Disneyland for my birthday. We definitely needed some peace and seclusion, and that is exactly what we got here along with so much more.

We stayed in villa #3 and it was absolutely perfect. Super romantic! And the location of the hotel was excellent. Right at the foot of the mountains and very quiet, yet still easy walking distance to the main strip. Loved the fully equipped kitchen. We cooked most of our meals there which was great. It had the sexiest shower I've EVER seen! With a fabulous view of the mountains while you're showering. I want to replicate it in my future home one day! The bed was incredibly comfortable, and I not-so-secretly wanted to take it home with us. We had a late check-in (around 1am since we wanted to get the most out of our last day at Disney), got our keys out of a lock box and were greeted with a bag of goodies and a note welcoming us. I appreciated the touches like that throughout our stay. Tony (the owner I believe) was very personable and helpful while never intrusive. When we wanted to watch a movie and the dvd player in our villa didn't work, while keeping our villa he let us have the keys to villa #4 for the night as well. I'd read that this was the Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz villa, where they lived for two years in the 50s. I'm a HUGE Lucy fan, so this was quite a special experience!

I do have to add, one of our outdoor patios included a whirlpool jacuzzi tub which I was looking forward to using (and was actually one of my key reasons for booking this hotel). On our last night's stay we attempted to use it, but there were lots of little spiders in the jets that ran out when we started to fill the tub. We definitely wouldn't go in and I was pretty disappointed. :( I would suggest covering the tubs up? I know it's hot and it's the desert, but there should be a way to prevent that.

The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and ethereal. Our villa, and the entire property, had a very enchanted & fairytale feel, with a slightly Spanish twist. It does feel like you're stepping back in time. We used the pool a lot and never saw another guest on the property, so it basically felt like we had the place to ourselves which was awesome. The summer special is a great deal if you don't mind the 105+ degree heat (stay 2 nights, get 1 free). I desperately wanted to stay another night and go to the Thursday street fair, but unfortunately our budget did not permit it. If you're looking for a romantic getaway and/or a wonderful spot for some R&R, The Andalusian is your perfect choice.

The only bad thing about our stay (besides not being able to use the whirlpool tub), was having to leave.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple