“Most AMAZING, Relaxing stay...didn't want to leave...EVER!”

The Andalusian Court
Ranked #3 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Most AMAZING, Relaxing stay...didn't want to leave...EVER!”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I have been planning a trip to Palm Springs since last year for my B-day; but ended up not working out-so this year I was super excited to be going for my B-day getaway! I booked two seperate hotel reservations at other places but still wasn't completly sure...then I found the Andalusian Court by mistake and knew this was the place without a doubt. My friend and I were brining our doggies so we needed a place "Pet Friendly", had a full kitchen, large room space, and private yard or patio. The Andalusian Court had it all and more, from the time we checked in Lisa (the owners sister) was so sweet and friendly showing us around the property and to our room. I know that she said there was other guest both days of our stay but we did not see a single person the whole time, even when we lounged in the pool not a glimpse of anyone....we thought we had the Spanish Villa (what I like to call it) to ourselfs. I think at one point we both looked at each other and said we didn't even notice the 115 degree heat since green lush trees and plants surround the whole property and block out most of the heat. The ice cold cooler of water with lemon by the pool was a plus as well as the comfy pool rafts and noodles (Tony gets a A+ for adding the pool equiptment). Seriously too much to list from the super comfy bed, loved the lush blankets, beautiful marble shower, full kitchen (we cooked evey meal and didn't even leave for the two days) the spacious living room that we booked in-room massages both days (if you want a excellant massage therepist I highly recommend Sammy w/Massage Machanics & Palm Springs Spas) . Oh the air conditioner kicked butt, it was awsome to have and you can controll the tempeture. I can go on and on but one last thing is Larry the new owner, he is so amazing and he listens too...we had told him about a few things we experienced and next thing we knew he was already incorporating them! Wow, the Customer Service is A+++. We hated to leave and dreaming of my next trip back (soon). Thanks Tony and Lisa for taking over and making the place truly a relaxing dream come true!

Room Tip: Villa 4 is amazing and one of our favorite, but Villa 1 has largest living rm area & Villa 3 has...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cozmopltn28

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 25, 2011

In my 26 years of life so far, this is the most amazing hotel I've ever stayed at. All the positive reviews are true and the pictures don't do the place justice. A few weeks ago my girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights, after spending 3 days at Disneyland for my birthday. We definitely needed some peace and seclusion, and that is exactly what we got here along with so much more.

We stayed in villa #3 and it was absolutely perfect. Super romantic! And the location of the hotel was excellent. Right at the foot of the mountains and very quiet, yet still easy walking distance to the main strip. Loved the fully equipped kitchen. We cooked most of our meals there which was great. It had the sexiest shower I've EVER seen! With a fabulous view of the mountains while you're showering. I want to replicate it in my future home one day! The bed was incredibly comfortable, and I not-so-secretly wanted to take it home with us. We had a late check-in (around 1am since we wanted to get the most out of our last day at Disney), got our keys out of a lock box and were greeted with a bag of goodies and a note welcoming us. I appreciated the touches like that throughout our stay. Tony (the owner I believe) was very personable and helpful while never intrusive. When we wanted to watch a movie and the dvd player in our villa didn't work, while keeping our villa he let us have the keys to villa #4 for the night as well. I'd read that this was the Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz villa, where they lived for two years in the 50s. I'm a HUGE Lucy fan, so this was quite a special experience!

I do have to add, one of our outdoor patios included a whirlpool jacuzzi tub which I was looking forward to using (and was actually one of my key reasons for booking this hotel). On our last night's stay we attempted to use it, but there were lots of little spiders in the jets that ran out when we started to fill the tub. We definitely wouldn't go in and I was pretty disappointed. :( I would suggest covering the tubs up? I know it's hot and it's the desert, but there should be a way to prevent that.

The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and ethereal. Our villa, and the entire property, had a very enchanted & fairytale feel, with a slightly Spanish twist. It does feel like you're stepping back in time. We used the pool a lot and never saw another guest on the property, so it basically felt like we had the place to ourselves which was awesome. The summer special is a great deal if you don't mind the 105+ degree heat (stay 2 nights, get 1 free). I desperately wanted to stay another night and go to the Thursday street fair, but unfortunately our budget did not permit it. If you're looking for a romantic getaway and/or a wonderful spot for some R&R, The Andalusian is your perfect choice.

The only bad thing about our stay (besides not being able to use the whirlpool tub), was having to leave.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Betsy W
Hemet, California
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed the Andalusian Court with three other couples. The grounds were gorgeous with lush gardens and beautiful lighting. The pool area provided a cool escape from the heat of the afternoon. The close proximity to the village made for a nice walk to dinner and the street fair. Retiring to our room was a pleasure, the linens and mattresses were high quality and promoted a luxurious night of slumber. I am looking forward to returning when I can stay for a few nights to enjoy sleeping in and lounging around the property like an old time Hollywood star.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different and I want to stay in each one!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AMerrell_11
Hemet, California
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I had our first baby 2 weeks before he left for Afghanistan 4 months ago. He came home from Afghanistan for his 2 week R&R so we wanted to just have 1 night away together. We thought about Vegas, but Palm Springs is only an hour away. I'm so glad we chose Palm Springs because we got to enjoy our time at the hotel more than spending time driving. We checked in, and Tony gave us a lovely tour of the grounds, with 2 fire pits, a misting system, a barbecue area and a pool- open 24 hours! The pool was clean, and we enjoyed going in when we first got there, and then later that night- refreshing after walking around the town. There are fountains, trees, flowers, and hanging lights everywhere. It was so magical and romantic. Our room was so awesome with a jacuzzi tub in our courtyard and twinkle lights over head. They knew it was a special night for us after being separated for so long, and there was a personalized note, a bottle of champagne and gourmet cookies waiting in our room for us. The bed was comfy and the linens were luxurious. We went on a Thursday night, when Palm Springs has their street fair. The hotel was within walking distance, so we didn't even have to worry about finding parking to go see all the vendors. We stopped in at Sinfulicious Bodycare and had a custom massage oil made- brought it back to the room and had a great time- the robes provided in the master bathroom made us feel like we were at a spa. I would have liked to have spent more than one night to be able to take advantage of the kitchen and fireplace. One night wasn't enough, so we vowed to make it a tradition when we are in town!

Room Tip: Each room is different, so try them all to find your favorite! If you prefer a king bed over a queen...
1 Thank 1shayb80
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Was looking for a romantic getaway with my husband for his 40th B-DAY! Found the website for Andalusian Court and was impressed with the villas they have. Called and spoke with Mary who was very friendly and informative. She reassured me that I would love this place. My first impressions when we arrived was BEAUTIFUL. Highly recommend this place if you want a romantic getaway. The place is amazing and very private. LOVE Tony and his sister they were so friendly and accommodating to our needs. WILL DEFINITELY GO BACK IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!

2 Thank chrys661
los angeles
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was planning a surprise trip for my boyfriend's bday. We usually go to fancy hotel chains for celebrations, so this year I wanted to try something new-a bit more personal & exotic! THIS PLACE WAS LIKE WALKING INTO HEAVEN- the grounds are gorgeous!!! It immediately takes your breath away upon HELLO! The walk to our room was great because we got to see the entire grounds...the fountains, waterfalls, fire pit!! ALL GORGEOUS!!! :) We walked to our room #8 I (the upstairs unit) ...the layout was nice! Living Room with TV, looks into the kitchen w/small dinnette area (all pretty basic, but nice), a hallway takes you to a GORGEOUS bathroom with a Marble Shower & seperate ROMAN SOAKING TUB...this tub is so AMAZING & DEEP-it was DEF a well added bonus since our room was the only suite without an OUTDOOR jaccuqi on the patio...but I actually may perfer the soaking tub considering how HOT it was in PALM SPRINGS! Lol! Anywho...the Bedroom was great with a real fire place & a patio that overlooked the BEAUTIFUL pool & BBQ area & most importantly the MOUNTAINS!!! Really this place is special. Now..Palm Springs on the other hand was a bore for us, but we BOTH know we'll be coming back just for this place alone. We can bring our own food & never leave the grounds...writing this honestly makes me wanna go back RIGHT NOW! -WE WILL BE RETURNING...yup it's that dope. Just don't leave anything sitting around :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank divafly
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed for our Honeymoon…..what a perfect place to do just that. If you want romance this is the place you should be staying. It is so quiet and peaceful makes reality melt away. We stayed in Villa 1….just like being in an apartment. There is a soaking tub in the villa and a private Jacuzzi Tub out front. There is a full kitchen with everything you would need if you decided not to explore downtown Palm Springs. If you decided to explore a short walk will put you right in the middle of everything. The bed is very comfortable and there are 2 TV’s, but we had no desire to turn either on. The pool was a perfect temperature, a BBQ available to use and fire pits. The grounds are very tranquil and somehow the maid staff knew we weren’t in our room to clean it. Overall if you want to have a romantic weekend or to rekindle your relationship this is the place to stay.

2 Thank brookster68