“Quaint Boutique Property, Lovely Town”
Review of Old Ranch Inn

Old Ranch Inn
Ranked #24 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed May 16, 2007

Absolutely enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Old Ranch Inn.
My sister and I traveled to Palm Springs for the first time and would recommend the town and the Inn wholeheartedly.
We felt welcome, comfortable and secure without any worries.
Larry and Ed were happy to accomadate us in whatever we needed.
The spacious ,well decorated room was comfortable and nicely located within walking distance to the downtown shopping area.
Many nice places to eat and shop without needing a rental car.
When it was time to go to the airport the hosts were happy to drive us the short distance.
I look forward to going back to Palm Springs when the Canadian winter gets too cold.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank mothergoose05

Reviewed May 13, 2007

My husband and I just returned from a weekend stay at Old Ranch Inn in Palm Springs and really enjoyed it. The hotel of 8 rooms is located in the "historic hotel area" or "Tennis Club" area of PS - which is just a couple of blocks from the hub of shopping and restaurants. The hotel area is quiet but so convenient to everything. The owner/managers were friendly and very helpful in recommendations on what to do and where to eat in the area. The rooms are nicely updated, comfortable and have extras, including a kitchenette. They are centered around the pool, accessed by french doors. This was our first trip to PS; we look forward to returning and would stay at Old Ranch Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Ginger32
Reviewed May 4, 2007

In January my husband and I decided to go to the Coachella Festival. On the Coachella site, they had a list of Hotels you could contact, I called many of them, but they were all full, or charging an outrageous amount of money. One small hotel I called was booked but she recommended that I go to Small Hotels of Palm Springs, I went to the website, and liked what I saw when I spotted the Old Ranch Inn. I called them and they had 1 room left at a decent price, so I booked it. We didn't know what to expect when we got there, but it was wonderful. Ed and Larry who run/own the Inn were so welcoming. We both felt so relaxed while staying there, they have such great personalities and were so kind to all of the guests. The rooms are beautifully decorated, and very clean. They take a lot of pride in their Inn. It has so much character. I would recommend this to everyone I know that is planning to go to Palm Springs and wants to escape the daily routine. It is walking distance to everything downtown. This was our first trip to Palm Springs, CA, and we both want to go back as soon as possible. I have no desire to check any other Hotel out, once you find a place like the Old Ranch Inn, you don’t need to stay anywhere else.
Norm and Jackie.

9  Thank albertaragdoll
Reviewed May 3, 2007

This is a small hotel. It was a house and has been converted, with some extra building where space was added, to become one of the most wonderful places to stay. This was our second time here. The first time was for a little rest time that my husband and I needed, and we took a chance on this location. We were and still are so glad we did. This last time we booked only a few days, because it was all we had. If we have a day here or there, you will find us at the Old Ranch Inn. I am NOT a hot weather person. Can't stand it, but for time at the Old Ranch Inn, I'll take even the weather. I can absolutely promise, you will NOT be disappointed with your stay. I am looking forward to the next stay....and am hoping for the suite some day!!! Try this beautiflu eye in center of your stormy life and you will be SOOOOO glad you did! You will also be happy to meet Ed and Larry, (owners)who are the most gracious hosts you could ask for. My husband and I feel like we have made two new friends. I wish we had a lot more time to just be around the pool and enjoy the tranquility, and the kindness of the accomodating Ed and Larry.

Stayed: May 2007
4  Thank tigerbite
Reviewed April 25, 2007

We have just returned from our 3 week honeymoon in the states and after having stayed in a number of different hotels, this was by far the best. A small inn in Palm Springs, the setting is perfect, owners very friendly and helpful, and it is in an excellent location. We thoroughly enjoyed our time here and if we ever return to Palm Springs we will be sure to stay at the Old Ranch Inn.

5  Thank franSurrey
Reviewed April 24, 2007

We originally booked our room at Desert Riviera Hotel (currently #2) but they called and very apologetically said that they were overbooked. So, we booked a room here. The place is very clean and kept up. The rooms are very nice too. They included a kitchenette along with dishes and silverware. Larry was very helpful. We stayed in the Tiffany Room, which is directly across from the office. Though, for $188.43 total for 1 night...I think it's a little overpriced. This is our first stay in Palm Springs, so we have no other hotel experience here.
This is why we did not rate it a 5:
1 - The bathroom sink faucet is too short. So you end up getting water all over the counter top when you try to wash your hands.
2 - You have to have gymnast abilities to grab the toilet paper. It is located behind and to the right of the toilet.
3 - When closed, after-hours, the front door slams shut. It would blow you out of bed if you were staying in the front two rooms.
4 - A useful information binder in the room would be nice. It could contain instructions on how to use the very nice air conditioner in the room.
All of these are easy fixes but annoyances when you are staying in the room. We are going to try the Desert Riviera Hotel next time, but would not advise anyone from staying at the Old Ranch Inn. It just didn't give us the "Wow" factor.

2  Thank MREUS
Reviewed April 23, 2007

We have just returned from a California trip where we spent 4 wonderful nights at the Old Ranch Inn in Palm Springs. Previous reviews that speak of beautiful surroundings, tranquility, fabulous appointed accommodation, etc are spot on - we literally couldnt fault a thing - only that we hadnt booked to stay longer! Ed and Larry truly are great hosts who were genuinely warm and welcoming from arrival to departure. We stayed in Room 8, which offered luxurious decor and comfort, patio doors leading directly onto the pool area (with sun all afternoon) and a private patio area to the side. It was bliss to return after an evening out and sit around the lit pool area, listening to the various fountains within the hotel grounds - and nothing else! - it was so peaceful and quiet you forgot that you were only a five minute walk from Palm Canyon Drive. During the day, there were humming birds around the patio, trees you could pick oranges and lemons from and relaxing music. Villagefest was a good night, as was a trip to the Spa Casino (we won!). Overall we left Palm Springs feeling like we didnt have a care in the world, so relaxed, and with definite plans to return to the Old Ranch Inn.

5  Thank BURDONS