“Excellent!”

Ranked #20 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Excellent place to stay in Palm Springs. We had a very warm welcome from Ed and enjoyed our 4 night stay in Room 1. Very spacious and well equipped, although we didn't use the kitchen facilities much as the main restaurants were just a 5 minute walk away! This is a very special place where personal service and attention makes all the difference. Definitely recommended. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Steve C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Hebrew first
London
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We booked at short notice based on the reviews and were not disappointed. Larry and Ed made us very welcome. Nice and quiet and in a great neighbourhood.
We had room 6, a king size in the corner and it was a great choice. well furnished and a large bathroom. Slightly old school, non-flat screen HD TV, but a good range of channels. Great little pool, surrounded by the rooms. Great coffee in the mornings next to the office. Always cold bottles of water around as well.
Best of all is the location - 5 minutes walk to N Palm Canyon Drive. Great to walk out in the evening for a meal and a drink and leave the car behind. Plenty of parking at the hotel.
2 minor gripes - the free wifi was a bit up and down in room 6. Larry warned us, but his keep the front door open solution didn't really appeal. Secondly, although there are enough loungers to go round, there is not enough shade for those of us with fair skin. Could do with some umbrellas.
But we would stay there again in a heartbeat.

4 Thank janeandallen
Three Hills, AB
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Larry and Ed work hard to make this the nicest place we've stayed at. Super clean, beautifully decorated, friendly staff and a very convenient location make this a great stay. The pool was always in use, but never crowded. Coffee and juice in the morning was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Room 8 was the best choice, with a small private patio.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PamelaR_9
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 29, 2013

After attending a conference out at the super-sized Marriott out in Palm Desert, I decided at the last minute to extend my stay in the Palm Springs area before flying back to soggy Seattle so I could see my daughter who recently moved to LA. I like the pics and reviews I saw online and decided this would be a great alternative to a bigger hotel.

I struck gold lucking out with a King Suite that has a table for 2, off from the pool just out the back door of this suite. I arrived the day before my daughter and loved getting up early to enjoy my coffee on the patio and chat with Ed & Larry who are the most interesting and charming hosts. I had set up a walking tour Friday afternoon to learn about the architecture of Palm Springs and Larry gave me directions to the General Store down the street to make sure I bought a hat to protect me from the sun during a 2 hour walk, and handed me a chilled water bottle to take with me. He also had great recommendations on where to have a late breakfast with my daughter.

On Saturday, I sat by the pool reading and my daughter dozed off on a floatie in the pool. So very relaxing and quiet. Loved the flowering plants around the pool that make it like an oasis in the desert.

Sadly I had to leave at 5:30 am for my flight home, but Larry called a taxi for me. You really don't need a car if you are planning a weekend getaway in Palm Springs. Everything is within walking distance and the fellas have great suggestions for what's happening in town in terms of live music, concerts, what's at the art museum, etc. Can't wait to take my husband there for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jannice R
CA
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great little hotel. Will definitely stay here again. 5 min walk to the main street in palm springs- shops, restaurants, etc. we stayed in the queen size room and it was very nice. Plenty of space throughout the room and a large bathroom. The staff was very friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Highly recommend this location.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank travel-luv-08
Vancouver
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Well, I would have to second the other reviews here. Wonderful property and amenities and hosts couldn't be nicer! Our first visit to PS and we thoroughly enjoyed it! Small boutique hotel of only 8 suites with beautiful furnishings, bright kitchenettes, wonderful pool, fresh coffee/fruit every morning, glorious weather, relaxing, hummingbirds, palm trees, and views of San Jacinto Mtns. The hotel was extremely well run, clean, intimate and quiet and so close to downtown shops, restaurants and attractions! What more could you ask for? Thanks Ed & Larry - from "Park Royal Hotel" Vancouver. Sure hope to be back!

7 Thank queenieVancouver
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just returned from our third visit (but not before booking two more return trips). Love staying here. It's calm, it's quiet, it's located just a couple of blocks from downtown. I think the rooms are excellent, and especially for the price. Coffee is provided each morning, both by the pool, and with your own in room coffee maker. You BYO breakfast stuff, or go out. We've really come to love our trips here.

3 Thank SactoJD