“Our Fav Place in Palm Springs-Our De-Stressor!!!”
Review of Old Ranch Inn

Old Ranch Inn
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I found ORI from a website about small hotels in Palm Springs. My husband and I go away for long weekends. It is difficult for us to go for a regular vacations. I remember I liked it from the pics I saw. Some of the other small inn's creeped me out because the decor in the room was like your Grandma's room. Too much calico and lace.
We think we have stayed 3 times, in room 3 (just there June16, 2012) two times, then one night in room 8, next night room 2., we loved it, we wanted to stay another night. We love every room, even 3. privacy is not an issue, there are only 8 rooms!!!! The grounds are beautiful, warm and friendly.
It is so relaxing, we forget about work. Relaxing at the pool, in our room, walk down the street.
Ed and Larry are so welcoming, wonderful, lovely, amazing, etc..... I could go on and on. Love them!!!!
Of course I want them to prosper, and I tell people about it, but I feel somewhat selfish because I want to keep them all to ourselves, our little secret!! But, I am too late!!! We will be back again in the hotness of PS, hopefully we can get a room!!!

2  Thank 4ChellyL1

Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is our third time at the Old Ranch Inn and another wonderful stay. Ed and Larry make you feel so welcome and its the personal touches that make this lovely place so special. As usual the room was comfortable, best nights sleep in weeks and the relaxed atmosphere makes the Old ranch Inn the only place we would ever wish to stay in palm Springs. The level of hospitality is outstanding and I can only echo all the other positive reviews. My one concern is it gets so popular Its hard to get a booking, After traveling for two weeks it was wonderful to return to such a relaxed haven.

1  Thank mamou32
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is truly a fantastic place. Everything is so tidy and well kept. We had a room with a nice well-equipped kitchenette. There are only 8 rooms to share the pool. The owners are very friendly. They gave us a map with the celebrity homes around Palm Springs. The scenery is magnificent.
The street is very calm with easy parking. Downtown is only a few minutes away. We only stayed there for one night, so sorry ! If I go back one day to Palm Springs, I will book my room months in advance to be sure not to miss this fine address!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Not having ever stayed in a small hotel like this one, we weren't sure what to expect. Another couple convinced us to come out and spend 2 nights relaxing by the pool in palm springs, so we figured, why not?

It was a wonderful time! The hotel is very quiet, and the other guests are respectful of one another. The hotel next door had a bridal party going on, which was loud but did not go on too late. It is very close (walking distance) to downtown with all kinds of restaurants and bars to get food and drink.

We stayed in room 3, which is opposite the check in desk. It is also on the corridor leading in/out of the hotel, so everyone had to walk by that room. Definitely make sure you have your curtains closed!! But other than that, we hardly were disturbed by the other guests. I would definitely recommend asking for rooms 4-8 for more privacy. The rooms were spacious, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom had a walk in shower only, which was great for us. There is a small refrig, a microwave and even plastic cups for poolside drinking. The pool is normal sized, like for a regular home. But it is well kept, and not too cold (it was 105 when we were there!) so you can just jump in and float if you wanted.

There is a small garden area, where you can read or eat the fresh fruit in the mornings. They do not have a spread for breakfast, just the fresh fruit and coffee. It isn't a B and B!

My only complaint about the entire place is that they need either a communal large ice maker, or in room individual ice makers for the room. Ice is a necessary item when it is warm, and the small freezers in the refrigs are just too small to keep any kind of ice. Oh, and it is first come, first served on the pool lounge chairs people - you don't get to "claim" a lounge chair for your stay. If you aren't there laying in it, it is open for anyone to use! Get over yourself!

We definitely will be back!

Room Tip: ask for rooms 4-8 if possible.
1  Thank BMRosenberger
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I booked our stay at Old Ranch Inn based solely on these reviews. I knew we would not be disappointed. I don't know how I can possibly add any new tidbits of info that will help assure people to stay at Old Ranch Inn. So, I guess I'll repeat what others have already said. My husband and I wanted to stay at a small, quiet inn for our trip - not a big huge resort-type hotel. This fit the bill perfectly. We woke up each morning and grabbed some fruit by the pool (which were supplied by Larry & Ed - two of the most wonderful hosts!). We swam around, laid on the pool chairs, and enjoyed the peace and quiet - as well as the beautiful views of the mountains. One afternoon, Ed even brought out ice cold water bottles to us while we were sitting by the pool. It was very thoughtful.

We dined at some great places right in the heart of downtown Palm Springs. Larry gave us some great tips on restaurants. We walked a mere three blocks and we were on the main drag. All the restaurants we ate at were right there within 1-3 blocks. It was nice not to have to drive anywhere. Walking was great. The kitchens were well furnished with a sink, full sized refrigerator, toaster, microwave, coffee maker. The fridge was even stocked with full ice cube trays. Only thing missing was a blender...but we brought ours from home so we could blend some margaritas in the afternoons.

The beds were very comfortable with nice linens. There's also a huge complimentary DVD selection in the office that Larry and Ed invite guests to enjoy. The rooms are decorated very nicely. Very high quality furniture. Definitely not like many of those outdated Palm Springs resorts that are out there. And the rates are very reasonable. Definitely worth it!

I could probably write a ton more, but I'll leave it at that. I can promise you will LOVE this inn. And you will especially love Larry and Ed. They are delightful hosts and we enjoyed getting to know them during our stay. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7 and enjoyed it very much. Very spacious. The furnishings are very nice. Front fr...
1  Thank emmaggie
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed in the king one bedroom suite, and loved it! It was a quiet, cool, and lovely haven inside, which is important when the outside temps are over 100. The decor is very elegant, service was great, the location is prime (within walking distance to great restaurants, but in a quiet residential section), and the spacious and tastefully decorate unit was very welcome.

Room Tip: Even though this room was right by the front door and across from the office, it was very quiet. It...
1  Thank Daheg
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Well what can I say. I understand from Ed and Larry that it is our 8th time that we have had the pleasure to stay at this delightfull location. I think by now we have sampled all the rooms and I have no hesitation in recommending the Old Ranch Inn for not only the hospitality of the hosts but for the total relaxing experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple