“The name mentions it all”

Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Rock being the operative word, it's a young persons hotel I mean the whole brand is so if you think it's time to relax in tranquility maybe not the right choice for you, the staff are young, friendly and fun, the room screams taste and youth. I stayed in room 107 which faced the pool the patio is pretty big and was able to listen in to the DJ's and party's which are held regularly on weekends without leaving my room every-time, the room itself was big and very clean everything in room was in working order, huge variety of minibar options.
Upon checkout I asked for them to please call me a taxi instead a complimentary shuttle was mentioned that left in 5 mins time to the airport I declined as I was going to be 15mins, they accommodated this for myself without even asking which made me happy.
Room service was not available but I believe this was due to my stay being when the Coachella music festival was on, however the concierge directed myself to a few nearby restaurants open as it was late.
In all the hotel does not have hundreds of rooms which I guess enables the staff to be more one on one service with their guests, it's very close to the main street to wine and dine, I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Love_All_PS, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thanks for taking time to post! We hope you come back to us soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed April 20, 2014

No room service or food options after 9pm. Not even a vending machine to get water from. Seemed to be mold in a vent between the bathroom and the front door. We were very disappointed in the hotel overall.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank N7057DAKerry

Hi there!
Thanks for taking the time to post. We're sorry your stay was not enjoyable. We do take everyone's posts seriously. Did you mention the mold to the front desk?
Love to get that checked out. If you have a moment, please call and let us know if you have not already.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

From start to finish at this hotel it was really bad. If you are looking for bad service and hotel employees that don't care about the safety of their guest then you should come here.
There are so many other hotels in Palm Springs that value their customers you should stay at another hotel.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tiffany G

Hi Tiffany,
Sorry you feel your were mistreated at our property. I can assure you that delivering awesome customer service is our top priority, as you can see by many of the other posts on this site. And we absolutely care about our guests as if they are our own family. Hope you give us another shot!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

i went to the hotel to buy a Hard Rock guitar pin for a friend in Seattle who collects them. The hotel was closed for a private party (Coachella) and they were not letting uninvited guests in. I explained to the doorman that I was flying out tomorrow and really wanted to bring a pin back for my friend. He told me to wait while he went to check and see if I could go into the gift shop, buy the pin and come right back out. He returned and said he would escorte me in so i could get the pin. Great thing to do for me and I really wish I had gotten his name so I could write to the hotel and tell them how helpful he was to me...not even a guest at the party. Hard Rock rocked my day so thanks to a great guy who went above and beyond!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank chickapowpow2014

I remember you! I think it was Zach who brought you in to get your pin! Nothing makes us happier than being able to make sure our friends and fans are taken care of. Safe travels!!!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in April, checking in on the Monday after the first Coachella weekend. Our room wasn't ready by check in time because, as the front desk employee said, many guests had hangovers from the weekend and slept in the next day. They took off our first night's resort fee ($34) and gave us a coupon for free drinks in the restaurant, which I appreciated.
Our room was large and nicely decorated. There is Rock memorabilia and artwork around the hotel. We did not use the pool. I used the gym which was small, but well equipped with 6 cardio machines (2 each of treadmill, bike & elliptical) and weight machines and free weights. There is valet parking, which is included in the nightly resort fee. There is no self parking.
This hotel is in a prime location, in downtown Palm Springs, with a lot of shops and restaurants within walking distance. It is not a resort hotel with lush grounds and large spa.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Mercedesbenz, thanks for taking the time to post. We're glad you stayed with us and hope you come back again soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Although we only stayed one night, we had a great time and enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious and comfortable with almost all the amenities you could want. The location was great, such a short walk to restaurants and bars. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
Love_All_PS, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thanks Michele, can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Bugs in our room on the first floor, extremely dirty pool. I slipped and fell because they did not put up a sign after mopping. Don't waste your money unless you enjoy dirty over priced hotels. Run!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Maloni G

Hi Maloni
Sorry to hear you did not have a great stay with us. I hope you did reach out to the front desk during your stay to let them know of the issues you encountered.
We hope you give us another shot in the future!