“New favorite hotel in Palm Springs!”

Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs
Ranked #32 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I used to only go to to the ace hotel and saguaros but now I feel like my new home in Palm Springs will be at the hard rock hotel. Really comfortable beds I literally slept for 12 hours there. Loved the vinyls in front of each room almost went to every room on my floor just to see the vinyls. Also while I'm on this topic the rooms were very spacious and clean.

The food was really delicious I had the steak at night which amazing. I had the biscuits and gravy in the morning and probably some of the best biscuits and gravy I have ever had! The cocktails I had were all really good. The location was pretty amazing too everything is near by if you get tired of the food at the restaurant (which might be hard to).

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
HardRockPSManager, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Welcome home, Luis! Let us know which vinyl is your favorite so we can have it ready for you upon your return. We appreciate your sharing your awesome review, comments and compliments! Can’t wait to see you again.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Upon arrival to the hard rock my boyfriend and I were very excited to be having his corporate holiday party there. The hotel has a very good vallet service and the guy at the front desk was helpful. The only reason I say that this is not the average hard are for multiple reasons.
Compaired to other hard rocks these rooms are like overly priced holiday in rooms. The pools close at 8, but I thought this was a hotel made for rock stars? So after hearing that one of the fellow guests had a razor blade on their bathroom floor I was curious if the rooms ever get cleaned.
So off to the party we go, the food was horrible (I don't know if the catered). The venue was small and the "open bar" had no good liquor. My boyfriends company spent well over 25,000 dollars to have this party there and the bartenders stopped serving alcohol 20 minutes before he was suppose to because someone was drunk. Well as a hard rock they promote drinking upstairs by their bar, so the insisted that we go spend our money.
Drinks were not allowed upstairs so everytime I wanted to smoke I had to go upstairs and leave my drink. The security guards were a joke and harassed one of the guys wife's. Then a bunch of us decided to leave because a beer was 9 dollars at those bar.
When coming back to the hotel they would not let us sit outside and smoke and forced us back to our rooms.
Overall the hotel is not at all what other hard rocks are. The club wasn't even open. So much for a great experience I know the whole company was let down, and the general manager stated he would never spend money their again. An unpleasant visit, but I guess as a hotel the only job it did right was being able to sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Cbeck4444
HardRockPSManager, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Hello and thank you for your recent review of the Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs. While we love to hear the positive comments; feedback such as yours is invaluable. Your comments / examples are being addressed by Senior Management. There is nothing more important to us than delivering outstanding service and providing genuine hospitality; so we are disappointed to hear you and your boyfriend did not receive the level of service you expect from a name like Hard Rock. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our passion and spirit to create awesome parties and stay experiences that truly rock.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I made the reservation, prepaid, on a discount site. I did not find out until after committing that there would be a $30 fee added by the hotel. I had requested free Internet and free parking, so this was their sneaky way of getting around that, I guess. This amounted to adding nearly 50% to my hotel charge. So much for getting a deal.
Check-in was posted at 3:00 PM. I arrived at 4:00 PM and was told my room would not be ready and I could not check-in until 4:45.
My room was fun and charming and comfortable. I loved the decor of the hotel lobby. The location was ideal...close to everything.
Not long after I settled for bed, I could hear a small dog barking down the hall. Barking and barking and barking. I put on my robe and walked down. The dog had been locked in and the owners were out on the town. Lovely. The dog barked non stop for 90 minutes. I had to put earplugs in.
When I went to check out in the morning, there was no one at the front desk. I waited and waited. I finally left the keys at the desk and walked out to get my car. I handed valet my ticket. After doing so, an employee came out with bags for a guest. The guest was pushed ahead of me. I began feeling like a second-class citizen.
What I felt would be a fun visit ended up being ruined by sneaky fees and inept employees.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank cmlvngstn
HardRockPSManager, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

How disappointing to learn that the irritants that turned your getaway from fun to frustrating would've been so easy to avoid and or/rectify. We are very sorry for any charges that were not disclosed through an independent site. We are addressing accordingly. It is not our intention to hide any feel; for this very reason. We thank you for your compliments on your guestroom and the Hotel decor. Your comments regarding feeling less than appreciated is disheartening; as there is nothing more important to us than all of our VIP guests; we value your business! We hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the authentic hospitality you deserve.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I requested and was given a quiet room. You do need to realize that this hotel attracts a young party crowd that is attracted by the loud music and alcohol. I love music so I loved having the music in the lobby. You can hear the guests next door even when they are not speaking loudly and you can hear people in the hallways. I immediately asked for a fan for some white noise and was only awakened once or twice in a stay of several days.

Staff was great and the price is just right...it is actually very reasonably priced so those who think they should get more for their money might want to check prices of other hotels in the area.

The major problem with this hotel is housekeeping. You know they are there because they insist on screaming to each other and the maintenance crew as if there are no guests in the rooms. I have had that before in hotels but nothing like this, it was loud and it was frequent. They also made up my room but didn't dust at all. When I called down they sent someone up after I left the room for a bit who managed to dust the night stands but not the desk or shelves that hold the cups and they were covered in dust. The hallway carpets are very nice in my opinion but covered in lint and various other visible materials. I guess the housekeepers don't want to vacuum for fear of not being able to hear each other when they scream down the halls to each other.

Room service was very good and the prices were very reasonable as was the restaurant. I liked the look and vibe of the hotel and the rooms. However, I don't know if I would stay here again. The price was right and I like the location, right in the middle of town, but the very poor housekeeping is a huge turn off for me as is hearing people in neighboring rooms who are not even being loud.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank larover
HardRockPSManager, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

We hear you loud and clear! And, we thank you for your recent visit and feedback. As a fellow music lover, we're sure you will appreciate that several bands; 38 Special, El DeBarge and Shinedown (to name a few) have all written and performed songs about Second Chances. We hope you will help us spread the spirit of Rock n' Roll by coming back again for an authentic stay experience that will rock.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The new Hard Rock is a breathe of fresh air in the heart of downtown Palm Springs. A cool, fun and hip alternative to everything else in Palm Springs. Expect a fun time, lots of people (including locals at the bar) and great music in the lobby. The Hard Rock Hotel has only been open for a few weeks but it is already a game changer. I am excited to see what acts they are able to bring with their new collaboration with Goldenvoice, the concert promoters who put on the famed Coachella Fest in Indio every year.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Cord M, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you Adam G for the awesome review! "Game Changer"; that is quite a compliment; thank you! We created this Hard Rock with people like you in mind. We love that you appreciate the many amenities this fabulous Hotel has to offer. You are right on - our Goldenvoice partnership is going to produce the hottest events Palm Springs has ever seen; so stayed tuned. Rock on!

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Best location to stay in Downtown Palm Springs! The rooms looking out into the pool area are awesome. You see the mountains from the pool area with beautiful sunsets! Dinner at Sessions was wonderful! Do not miss the pumpkin soup & scallops! YUM! Everyone working in the hotel was very professional and could not do enough to make sure everything was great during our visit. Cannot wait to come back to this Hard Rock!

• Stayed: November 2013

And, we can't wait to welcome you back! We've already put your name on our premium pool front room and reserved our best seat in Sessions for when you return. Thank you for sharing your awesome experience. See you soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Unless you're either really young and on a batchelorette/batchelor party or you're really hard of hearing do NOT stay here if you like your sleep...And I'm talking about being woken up continually through out the night and early morning. Parties on balconies, fire alarms going off, pool parties and a staff that is not in control of the property.

I had picked this hotel as they are dog friendly and you take what you can get but this was a horrible choice. And while they have a stocked bar that is really fab they're really tight with supplying you with coffee for the room. I miss the Zoso. Stay at the Hyatt if you're in town otherwise go out to the resorts.

Room Tip: I should have read the reviews PRIOR to booking the rooms so I would have made a different choice...