“Villa Rosa Inn”
Review of Villa Rosa Inn

Villa Rosa Inn
Ranked #15 of 22 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for 1 week. The twinkle night lights around the pool was a nice touch. The breakfast was good. But our room was in need of upgrading & cleaning plus the bathroom was extremely tiny, towels were old & thin. We wouldn't reserve here again.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank BKandAK

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We purchased a Living Social deal for the Villa Rosa Inn, and although we had to cut short our two-night stay because I had to return to LA for a gig, we loved the place, and the service was first rate. I look forward to returning and spending a few nights at this lovely spot. Loved the pool! My only complaint is that I emailed Jay concerning some lost eyeglasses, and never heard back from him.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

If you want to get away, this is the place to be, old world charm and minutes away from from Palm Springs finest restaurants and shopping. Jay is a great host and knows the area well. Don't be afraid to come in the summer......they have a great pool.

Room Tip: Go to Trader Joe's and buy some snack to have in the evening by the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Juan V
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've been vacationing in Palm Springs for 20 years now (starting with Spring Break in high school), and I had a really great experience at the Villa Rosa Inn. I've stayed everywhere in the PS area from Marriott Desert Springs, La Quinta Inn, The Chase, etc. Villa Rosa Inn is small, quaint and well managed. I love that the cottage-rooms surround a courtyard with a great pool, adorable humming birds and beautiful old Palm Springs music in the air. At night candles and lanterns adorn the property, and there's a fire pit and little white lights sprinkle the entry way. This hotel is for you when you're looking for an intimate, peaceful get away, but want to have the option of PS nightlife, shopping, etc. at your fingertips (few blocks away)...It's really close to downtown PS, but removed enought to be quiet...you can't help but love Toby, the owners little pup.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim M
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I just got back from the lovely quaint Villa Rosa! I stayed in one of the Villas and it was big, clean, cool and bright! I had the most relaxing and wonderful experience there. Jay is so friendly and accomodating. His personal touches truly makes you feel as if your're staying at a friends home rather than an large, unpersonal resort.
I actually found out when I checked in that I would be the only one at this lovely little inn for my 1st night. I was suprised how my care Jay gave to me to feel extra welcomed into his inn. I went out to dinner and and since I was traveling alone, I wasn't looking forward to returning to a dark room, instead it was quite the opposite! Jay had lit lanterns, candles all around the pool and also a beautiful firepit! He had the most chill music. I couldn't help myself, but to immediately sit on a lounge chair for a while relaxing. When I finally convinced myself to get ready for bed and went into my room I saw Jay left me a yummy treat for dessert on the table for me! He did that acutally both nights, the second night he delivered a warm chocolate chip cookie to my room.
In the morning I again was amazed how Jay continued to make me feel special dispite me being the only one there. He still laid out an entire scrumpteous continental breakfast as if the entire inn was filled. I enjoyed it very much on my private patio. After I took one of the free bikes we could use on a morning fun ride into town. When I returnedi enjoyed the pool which was cool and refreshing. Jay had pleanty of lounges, water floats and sun or shade, whatever anyone may desire.
Lastly, but most incredible, after I made comments on how beautiful his lanterns were, he made an incredible effort to suprise me and purchase some for me since I was asking him where he got them. Now who does that at a stuffy resort?
I am completely blown away how hospitable Jay was. I truly left not only feeling that I had an amazing relaxing time at the Villa Rosa Inn , but also like I gain a new friend!
I hope to return for many years to refresh my mind and spirit and hopefully say Hi to Jay.

Room Tip: Buy some easy prep food at a local grocery store and enjoy your time at this Villa Rosa as much as p...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Deena B
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

The place is on a nice quiet street. The rooms are fantastic, the bed linens smell wonderful and the bed itself was so comfortable! Continental breakfast was the best I've ever had - fresh fruit, breads, and the coffee was delicious. Upon our arrival we were greeted by the 4 legged host Toby...he is absolutely adorable! Great time and would definitely go back!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Marie-Elaine23
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Here is the deal with Villa Rosa: stay there if you like a very laid-back experience. I don't think this is the right place for everyone, but what hotel is?

A friend and I first stayed there for an impromptu get-away about 2 months ago. After we got acclimated to the easy-going vibe of the hotel, we had the best time. It was very refreshing to stay in a place with no hotel b.s. It's nothing fancy, Jay's is just a nice guy who wants people to be comfortable and have a good time. There aren't a bunch of extra charges for every thing you do. He is very flexible and will accomodate any request within reason (late check-outs/ins, music requests by the pool). We likened the experience to staying at a friend's house for the weekend, and immediately renamed it "Jay's". It was a great fit for us and we ended up going back 2 weeks later. The second time around we had just as nice of a time, if not better.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends