“Pete's needs to stay hidden!”
Review of Pete's Hideaway

Pete's Hideaway
Ranked #169 of 319 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Palm Springs, California
“Pete's needs to stay hidden!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Employees standing outside at the customer entrance smoking cigarettes and drinking wine should have been a warning. I was in the mood for comfort food, but it wasn't very comforting. The ribs were over cooked and over sauced. Over saucing might have been an attempt to disguise the mushy meat. The accompanying carrots were undercooked and the scalloped potatoes were cold...well actually still frozen on the inside. When the waiter was told about the frozen potatoes he returned with mashed potatoes not asking if I would have preferred baked potato or rice which were also options. The server never checked back about the food and seemed offended when he finally returned to clear plates that I said I didn't like the meal. I didn't ask for a discount and he didn't offer one. All in all, the staff didn't seem to care about the quality of their service.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Murray Y

Palm Springs, California
“Where is Roscoe?”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The first thing that should have given me the hint to run was the amount of loud smokers hanging outside on the patio.
Our food was okay but nothing special. Our burger was dry and we had to ask for warm fries because they came out ice cold.
I had not realized that Roscoe's had been sold. This WAS one of our favorite places in Palm Springs.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Travis E
Ensenada
“Happy Hour Not So Happy”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My family and I went for the Happy Hour dinner a few weeks ago (having been before when it was Roscoe's and excellent!) expecting it to be at least 'as good' if not better. To our utter dismay we were sorely disappointed. To begin with I had to ask our server 3 times for my glass of wine then we proceeded to wait 15 minutes before he came back to take our order. My Pastrami Philly (which had a mouthwatering description on the menu) came as a dry, tasteless (hard to believe Pastrami could EVER be tasteless) sandwich with very little meat and a whole lot of bread. My dad ordered the Rack of Ribs that while the BBQ sauce was tasty they were smothered so you couldn't taste the ribs and they were tough. My daughter and mother shared a burger which was about the best part of the whole dinner as we had to ask the server again twice for ketchup and water who acted like it was perfectly normal to serve people in this manner. In short....I won't be going there again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mika I
“Casual - Relaxing & Fairly Priced”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Recommended by a local resident. Pete's is not fancy nor trendy, just good and relaxing. For true value, go to their Happy Hour! Food is good and you have a variety of choices. Their drinks are served with a "generous pour"! Chances are you will see/meet Pete and his hard working daughter. It hasn't been opened long but it feels as if it's been there a while. I've been there on dates & with my golfing buddies. Everyone seems to want to go back. Whether you go in for a drink or a meal, you'll like the non-tourist feel. Try it !!!

Visited March 2014
White Salmon, Washington
“The Hideway Describes it perfectly”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a classic Palm Springs "bar" and restaurant...Pete and his daughter are wonderful and Tony on the bar is NY/Ny all the way...what a gentleman with what it takes...food is excellent and the 11 to 7 Happy Hour has the best menu in town...
Mj