“Come for the atmosphere”

Wang's In The Desert
Reserve with OpenTable
Wang's In The Desert is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 340 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1 Block North of Ramon
Description: Located in beautiful downtown Palm Springs, Wang’s in the Desert’s concept is Pan Asian Cuisine combining different types of cooking influences including Sichuan, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Thai and Korean. We use only the finest and freshest ingredients found throughout Asia and the Pacific. Our restaurant is warm and inviting! You can dine in our dining room looking at our Koi pond; cuddle in our private Red Room, smoke on our outdoor patio, or relax in our spacious lounge. The choice is yours… Whether dining or relaxing, Wang’s represents California living at it’s very best.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Good food. Fresh ingredients. Staff very helpful. After the meal was served two different people checked at different times to make sure the food was OK.

The real reason to come to Wang's is people watching. To be "seen" and to "see" who is in Palm Springs. If you come with this as your goal - you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Ok, I am a chow mein freak. It's all I order at Chinese restaurants. If you're used to soft noodle chow mein, be sure to ask for it, as they have 2 types on the menu. I usually have the chicken chow mein and while it is my most favorite, it makes up for it by serving a HUGE portion. If you order it to-go, they fill a plastic container which can easily feed two. My favorite chow mein is when they fry the noodles just a bit, get them right before they burn so they have just a bit of a crunch to the noodles. I have only had this once or twice, but I love it when chow mein is prepared that way.

Also, great kudos to this restaurant for being so very gay friendly. Friday happy hours are not to be missed. I go all the time.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We weren't super hungry so had a couple of appetisers, shrimp fried rice, beef fried rice and nice wine. It was perfect, good value, good taste, good service, great people watching (and listening!) I like going over the little bridge to eat my dinner! Wangs is good, I enjoyed it, nothing is greasy, no msg, worth a visit.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Cheap meal and just 'ok' quality chinese food. Busy restaurant, good service but food was not not very tasty. Right in the heart of Palm Springs.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

A group of us decided on dinner at 'Wang's in the Desert' on an early Friday evening. The happy hour bar crowd were boisterous and friendly. My partner and I were new to the area and were taken here by three newly arrived 'locals'. We had made reservations and were seated after enjoying a cocktail at the extremely busy bar. The service was friendly and professional. The food was quite flavorful and the portions were more than ample. Nothing (except possibly the spare ribs) was exceptional, but everything was well prepared, well presented and delicious. The prices were reasonable, considering the quality of the food. Will I return? Most definitely. I would recommend 'Wang's in the Desert' when you have the urge for good pan-Asian food served in a boisterous atmosphere. Strangely, if you try to get a menu for 'Wang's in the Desert' on an iPad, all you can find is an 'Open Table' link for reservations.