Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Hike with the Ranger

There is a nominal fee to hike in the canyon but taking a guided hike with the ranger is included... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Hikermom1
Noblesville, Indiana
Lovely hike up a canyon and back

My wife and I enjoyed our two-mile loop up one side of a narrow canyon and down the other side... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Canadian_historian
Toronto, Canada

Recommended experiences in and around Palm Springs
from $199.00
More Info
from $49.00
More Info
All reviews beautiful waterfall easy hike great hike pretty waterfall rock steps foot waterfall guided hike ranger guide short hike moderate hike visitor center walking stick hour hike the loop big horn sheep native americans points of interest
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was a perfect hike for our 3 & 4 year old grandchildren, although they ran up and then back down, so maybe it was too short. My son took some very nice photos of the scenery along the trail. The setting f the the waterfall is very nice.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Although I first thought the entry fee was a bit pricey, but after hiking through Tahquitz Canyon and talking to the ranger, I realized that keeping this place well-maintained and pristine is probably worth it. Yes, there are many other places to hike that are free in this area, and I would suggest that they be explored, too. (Go to the Palm Desert Visitor's Center to get maps and information). Our group enjoyed our hike through Tahquitz Canyon, and the waterfall is truly a lovely halfway point. A ranger is usually around, patrolling the area, available for sharing information about the park and encouraging visitors to be respectful. There is an interesting history to the place, and you can take a guided walk with one of the rangers and hear more. The walk is not vigorous, and the trails are well marked. There are some interesting rock formations and some nice overlook areas, too.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

During our trip to Palm Springs, we discovered Tahquitz Canyon and decided to try our hand at hiking. The canyon is quite pretty and the hike is only a couple of hours not too stenuous. The price to hike is very reasonable. I would recommend this adventure to anyone visiting Palm Springs.

Date of experience: February 2012
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a 2 mile round trip to view Tahquitz falls. The cost is steep $12.50 but coupons can be found around town for $2 off. I am 63 and this was a nice easy hike with plenty of places to stop and take pictures and enjoy the views. Get their early to avoid the sun, on part of the hike is shaded most of the way but the sun can be harsh (it was only about 70 degrees when I was there).

Reviewed January 19, 2013

More expensive and not as nice or varied as nearby Agua Caliente Indian Canyons. Also, the trails were not very well marked and were confusing.