“Fantastic Customer Service - Definately will Return”

Andreas Hotel & Spa
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed at the hotel over the Thanksgiving weekend with my girlfriend, her elderly parents and favorite Aunt and Uncle. We were so impressed by the grounds and the unique atmosphere. A little slice of the Mediterranean in Palm Springs. Even better than the hotel was the staff. We were treated so well by Nikki at check-in. One would think we were her family. She even went so far as to help carry our bags to our room so she could make sure we were satisfied with the accommodations. The maintenance staff also treated us well; making sure the spa was a comfortable temperature. The customer service at this hotel was far superior to that of some much more expensive establishments. We will definitely go back to this hidden gem.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Andreas Hotel & Spa

Reviewed November 22, 2010

Hello All,

I had a wonderful time at the Andreas Hotel & Spa this October 2010. I was there for my 36 birthday and enjoyed every moment. The room was nice and clean upon arrival. The location the same, I would recommend the Hotel to all my friends. Every August me and about 25 to 30 women come and stay at the Andreas Hotel for "Girls" weekend. We always have the best service at all times. Staff there is very helpful. Geoffrey is at your beck and call. Thank you Geoffrey. If your looking to have a great time in Palms Spring the Andreas Hotel & Spa is the place for you. See you in August of 2011. Signed Margo Holliday

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Fantastic mid-week "spa-tacular" stay! Great staff, great location, great spa treatments, and adequate continental breakfast. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2010

This hotel was wonderful from start to finish. Bob was absolutely the most helpful person ever. Our room was gorgeous... huge comfy bed with a fireplace in our room... the jacuzzi in the bathrum was divine complete with spa robes for both of us! I couldn't have asked for a better stay. The pool and spa outside are open 24 hours, they have a great little continental breakfast in the mornings. The only drawback of this hotel is they don't have a restaurant on site. BUT Downtown Palm Springs is just steps away and there are so many great restaurants really close by. If you are looking to get away a have a nice quiet romantic getaway you need to come to this hotel. You don't want to miss it!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I live in the northeast and, as winter started nipping at my ankles, I sought the sun. Found the most consistently warm temps on the weather charts for Palm Springs, CA. Then I started looking at reviews for hotels and spas and happened upon this gem.

It was everything I hoped for and more. It is a small, casually elegant hotel with rooms facing a garden courtyard with a heated pool at the center. My room on the top floor was easily accessible by a short walk up the stairs and in a quiet corner. I arrived late (due to airline delays) and was welcomed by Bob, the night clerk. He kindly assisted with my luggage.

I enjoyed breakfast provided by the hotel most mornings. It's nice not to have to wander or wonder as you are first waking about what to eat. And the options provided were quite adequate and fresh including fruit and juice, bagels, toast, cereal and boiled eggs. Late mornings, I enjoyed sunning and swimming by the pool and chatting with other pleasant patrons.

This place is unbelievable close to everything! Museums, restaurants and a casino across the street. I enjoyed the Palm Springs Art Musueum and Agua Caliente. Pinocchio Restaurant was my favorite spot for casual yet fresh and delicious dining. I walked the blocks near the hotel several times and enjoyed window shopping and chatting with friendly local residents and other visitors.

Cab service is quick and polite but, depending on where you are going, can be expensive. My trip from the airport was only $12.00 but the ride one way to the entrance of the mountainside tram was $25.00! A hotel clerk suggested renting a car for the day next time. They have an arrangement with a local company. The tram was an interesting venture. For someone from the DC area, its a marvel to have a mountain right in town. It was lovely to see it as the backdrop to every view from the city.

Service at the hotel was efficient and unintrusive. The housekeeper left me a little folded "fan" in my tissue box one day. The gentleman managing the pool moved about quietly keeping the garden beautifully groomed and the pool crystal clear. I love that this hotel does not have a restaurant. Makes for a quiet, less trafficked environment. And because it is simply a hotel, I was able to get such a great package with air and hotel on Priceline. And without even bidding!

On my last morning, I enjoy a lovely combination body scrub and massage by Janice. It could not have been better. She addressed every area of pain I had and relieved it. I enjoyed my time in the lovely, candle lit, fragrant room set aside for my treatment. That experience made for a much more comfortable flight back to the DC area even with more delays on the return trip.

As a solo traveler, it is important to feel welcomed but not overwhelmed by the service at a hotel. The Andreas has just the right balance. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I had a wonderful stay at the Andreas, and would definitely choose to stay again on any future trips to Palm Springs. I found the location to be convenient, my room was clean with a comfortable bed and good air conditioning, and it had a fireplace which would make it really cozy during winter. I found the hotel to be quiet, and the staff was friendly and helpful in answering all of my queries. It was a plus to have free parking. I enjoyed the continental breakfast served in a delightful room on the main floor. I would highly recommend a stay at this small hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2010

The Andreas Hotel and Spa was a very nice find. It is very close to everything you want to do in PS come night time. Within a short walk to several key locations. Staff was GREAT...Rooms was clean, Fireplace was nice and the bed was very comfy. This is a GREAT little find...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple