“great bijou hotel”

Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Carpinteria, California, USA
“great bijou hotel”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

great hotel centrally located and with a very helpful staff. Small enough (only 24 rooms) to offer personal service. And we got upgraded to a room with a Jacuzzi! They even allow pets and Jack Russell enjoyed himself immensely! Would not stay anywhere else in Palm Springs now we have found this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband came here on a groupon type deal we got that included the hotel for two nights, couples massage and two free drinks. We upgraded to a larger suite for an extra $30 a night and was glad we did. Great location, walking distance to the major heart of town. The room was really nice, had a great bathroom with a large hot tub and separate toilet/shower room. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets nice and soft. My only complaint as a woman was there was not enough sink space for all my hair and makeup stuff, and the lighting was terrible for application. It was really nice having such a small hotel - it felt very personal. The pool was kept at a great temp - like 85 and the hot tub while small was rarely full, and both are open 24/7. A bar right there by the pool, as well as lemon water available anytime. The free continental breakfast was yogurt, whole fruit, coffee/tea, hard boiled eggs, cereal, bagels and english muffins. Nothing amazing but if you are trying to save a buck on a meal was perfect to get you by till your dining out meal. Served in a very cute and well decorated room with TV and fireplace to lounge in. Staff was warm and welcome. Massages were wonderful. Overall very happy with this hotel, and would recommend and return.

Room Tip: I had heard that some of the balcony rooms on the second floor are close to the bar and so can get l...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This Hotel exceeded our expectations. We booked online without doing much research and were delighted when we arrived by the service, the room and the location. We mentioned we were on our honeymoon and they upgraded our room at no extra charge. The room was large clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and efficient - will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a jacuzzi - beautiful and spacious
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Colton, California
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My daughter & I went for a "girls getaway" and had the most wonderful stay & experience!! Everything about this hotel was excellent, from the beautifully decorated and clean rooms and overall hotel, to the most accommodating & wonderful staff. The spa was just as wonderful! Our stay was memorable & very relaxing. I would definitely recommend this hotel & I will definitely be returning!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I recently traveled to California with my daughter and her friend for ten days. We drove from LA to Palm Springs the first day and booked Andreas Hotel & Spa through a travel app on my phone. This is a boutique type hotel, so if you're into the super-large, palatial type hotels, then this one is probably not for you. Andreas Hotel & Spa was amazing and I have zero complaints about my stay. Which is amazing in itself because I am very picky about where I will stay when traveling.

When I walked into the lobby after a long day of travel (by air and car) I was immediately at ease. The lobby is small and inviting, with a lovely fireplace as well as a dispenser of ice water and GLASSES (not plastic, but glass!) for your refreshment. I was immediately greeted by a female staff member (sorry, cannot remember her name) who went above and beyond. She upgraded our room to a suite, because we needed room for three people. HOWEVER, she did inform me that this room is located right above a bar and that the noise could be an issue. It was not a problem for us, because our one night stay turned into three.

The hotel, grounds, as well as our room was very, very clean. Our room was well appointed with a king size bed, two chairs, a vanity, and the best bathroom a girl could ask for! The jacuzzi tub was fantastic as well as the steam shower and large vanity. The bed was SO comfortable and the electric fireplace was very relaxing as well. The pool area was gorgeous and on the second floor they have outside areas where you can sit and relax by the fireplaces. So nice!

All of the staff were great at this hotel. Especially Zach, Bob, and the guy at night (I talked to him quite a bit, but never caught his name). I will be returning in February or early March with my husband and hopefully several more times after that!

Thank you all for such a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room directly above the bar on Palm Canyon (The Desert Fox). While this may be an i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Torrance, California
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We rented out the entire hotel for an event and the staff was amazing !!! The rooms are beautiful and very clean. HIGHLY HIGLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL !!! The two bedroom suite was very spacious. Use pool was clean and bar staff was INCREDIBLE !!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve P
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Lovely property tucked into the center of all things Palm Springs. You simply cannot beat the location. We were able to park our car in the lot on Friday and not move it again until we regretfully left on Sunday. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. Rosie in particular went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. The beds were so very comfortable and the ceiling fans were great. The tiny patio was nice but felt a little cage like given it's size and proximity to the pool. The pool is great with a small hot tub. It is open 24 hours which allowed for a late night swim on Saturday after our evening out on the town. There were two slightly rowdy groups there our weekend but they respected the "quiet hours" between 10 p.m. and 10 a.m. and so it worked out. The hotel is small and not the right place to come if you are looking for a party. It is focused on relaxation and the spa which is attached to the property offers a wide range of services. My massage with Jeremy was just what I needed to get the kinks worked out so that I could continue luxuriating by the pool and catching up with my friend. It is not kid friendly which one of the things I liked best about it! We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2 bedroom 1 bath (Room 106) which has the bathroom located between the two bedrooms...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends