“Great Couples Get Away-We'll Definitely be Coming Back” 5 of 5 stars

Andreas Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   227 N. Indian Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262   |
Ranked #10 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
Orange County,CA
“Great Couples Get Away-We'll Definitely be Coming Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife discovered The Andreas on Trip Advisor and we decided to give it to give it a chance for a two day get-way. I'm glad we did! The hotel far surpassed my expectations. The room price was very reasonable (we went mid-week; prices go up substantially during weekends). It's a small boutique hotel located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs in the shopping district. We parked our car and didn't use it the entire time we were in Palm Springs. It's a "hidden property" with only 25 rooms with a pool in the courtyard. We found the hotel to be very quiet (it was mid-week). The staff at both the hotel and spa were friendly and very accommodating. My wife went to the spa (mani/pedi + waxing) and was pleased with the service. The property was very clean and well maintained. We stayed in room 220. It's a tucked away room that was very quiet. It had a queen size bed and a large bathroom including a two person jacuzzi tub and shower with a bench. The only draw back to the room is that it's a bit dark with poor lighting. Overall we had a great experience at The Andreas and we'll definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the second floor. They are probably quieter than the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Rm 104, which they refer to as a "Junior Suite" is a joke! I can't recall ever staying in a nosier room ever, if it wasn't the Air conditioner then it was whatever was above us and if it wasn't that then it was the extremely loud water pipes, and if not that then the people outside (insulation anyone?) this is the 6th time we have stayed here (because of their Pet Policy mainly) We actually tried out the Ace last time we were here because of how bad our last few visits had been to the "The Andreas Hotel" but due to the Ace hosting "The Dynah" this weekend, that was not a option.

This should NOT be considered a Hotel for just these reasons alone....

No room service = No service/amenities ( like I said Glorified Motel)
No Valet ( not enough parking period. We had to park our Land Cruiser on the street)
Basic Cable?
No service by the pool either ( which is why we have never relaxed by the pool, what's the point? I can lay out at my own pool with No Service!)

This place is beyond Lame. The people that LOVE this place are what is wrong with this once great Country of ours- No Standards, No Expectations, Mediocrity at it's Finest!

Where is a Four Seasons (Palm Springs) when you need one?

Ciao!

• 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank OnceProudAngeleno
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I booked the Andreas Hotel & Spa for a special weekend getaway with my fiancé and it did not disappoint. Charming little hotel, great room (a little dark, but still really nice), and relaxing pool area. The spa was fantastic- we enjoyed the couples suite and she loved her massage. We will definitely be going back in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs in a room facing the street and the noise wasn't bad. Other rooms open up to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Andreas is a beautiful little hotel. Keeping with the Spanish style of the hotel, the furnishings are perfect, tasteful, not too fussy. Bed was very comfortable, and good desk space and plenty of room to move around. Breakfast is perfect - hard-boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, coffee, teas, juice - but then, I don't like a big, heavy breakfast first thing in the morning. The pool has beautiful tile work, and is a quiet and serene little space. I've stayed here three times. The only reason I didn't give the hotel five stars is because of two things: 1.) the rooms facing Palm Canyon Drive, while beautiful, can be very noisy due to a bar that is in close proximity (the front desk moved me to a quieter room the next morning), and 2.) the second time I stayed here, my room wasn't made up in the morning, so when I returned, I went to the front desk and told them, and the woman said I needed to hang a "Make up my room" sign on the door - never having been told this, I hadn't done this. However, both those things are minor. The point is, I've stayed here three times, and I'll stay again. Staff is friendly, place is very clean. Location is so central, you never need use your car.

Room Tip: The rooms on Palm Canyon are huge, great views, and beautiful with fireplaces and sitting areas. Be...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank violet2001
laurel, maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for a few days over spring break. Our first impression was that we couldn't have found a better location in Palm Springs. When shown to our room by Bob - who is a warm and friendly front desk person - we were amazed. From the beautiful decor and furnishings to the fireplace and ever present cold lemon water, this place is a gem. The bed and pillows were the most comfortable that I have ever slept in. The pool area is small but beautiful and the staff was helpful and friendly. The Thursday night street party was fun and lively. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 212 was the best
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at this lovely hotel over the weekend for a little pre-baby weekend away and really enjoyed our stay. We were in a large one bedroom suite which faced the main road and was above a bar with live music but we didn’t have any problems with noise (and it was a Saturday night). The room although a little dark was very spacious and had a large bathroom with spa bath. The continental breakfast the next morning was convenient for a quick bite early on before heading out for the day or onto a more substantial meal (being pregnant access to food was important for me). The location of the hotel is probably it’s best feature. It’s right in the middle of Palm Springs night life which makes going out and getting home really easy. The pool is small but gets some lovely sun and the reception staff said they were happy to make us a drink even if the bar is unattended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
san clemente
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I held my birthday at the Andreas, occupying 23 rooms. The staff was so accommodating to all 50 guests/23 rooms. The rooms are updated and extremely cozy. The pool is right in the middle of all rooms, easy access and a nice size for everyone to gather in. The cabana rooms allowed us an area for dinner for the entire group for one of the nights.
The location of the hotel allowed us to walk downtown and enjoy all the many restaurants and boutiques.

I would hold another event at this hotel again. I have nothing negative to add nor recommendations. The hotel was absolutely perfect. Thank you to the entire staff ! Thank you for making it a memorable birthday !

Jenny

Room Tip: all rooms are updated and comfortable
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends