“Decent enough place for a steak.”
Review of Palm Springs Chop House - CLOSED

Palm Springs Chop House
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Baristo
Description: Perennially voted "Best Steaks in the Desert" We offer PRIME, All natural and grass fed beef and chops, butchered in-house and grilled the classic way, allowing flavors and tenderness to develop fully. Our seafood is sustainable and we offer organic vegetables wherever possible. We are one of America's Finest Prime Time Top 10 Steakhouses, as well as a DiRONA recipient (Distinguished Restaurants of North America. We have been voted "Best Steaks in the Desert" for several years. Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Offering a great view of the vibrant downtown street scene. USDA Prime aged steaks & chops Fresh seasonal, sustainable fish and shellfish California’s freshest seasonal vegetables Wine cellar with 3,500 choices House-made desserts.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Visited here in July while on holiday in Palm Springs and found the food to be quite acceptable, I have found that steak houses tend to be a bit hit or miss both in the UK and the USA.
Entered the restaurant and the very polite young lady offered a choice of seating inside or out,still 100 degrees outside so inside was the obvious choice.
Stared off with a prawn cocktail which was excellent and then moved on to the main the reason for coming here, the Fillets were ordered medium well and medium and both came out as requested, both steaks were very good but the star of the show was the roasted shallot Cabernet sauce, absolutely to die for. Only downside was the potatoes gratin which turned out to be a lump of greasy potatoes and a side dish of what was supposed to be a cheese sauce, beats me how some chefs cannot make a proper gratin dish.
My wife and myself both enjoyed the food here and would recommend a visit for anyone looking for a decent steak.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Chop house is a great place for romantic dinner. We had special menu with lobster bisque, filet mignon oscar and vanilla bean creme brûlée. Loved the lobster bisque. Everything was yummy...highly recommended!

E M, Owner at Palm Springs Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thank you for the great review! We're so glad that you enjoyed your meal- especially the lobster bisque! Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you again!

Best,

Eric

Reviewed August 3, 2014

While out with our friends in Palm Springs we stopped at the Chop House for a drink and light meal. We ordered from the bar off the happy hour menu. The staff allowed us to sit at a street side table and have our drinks and food there. Overall it was a very good experience, the food was good and the beer was cold. We'll go back!!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

The service was good, the food not that great I had lobster tail and it was too tough, my husband had a steak and found a hair in it.The manager stated that it wasn't a hair since all of the cooks wear hair nets and that it looked like it might have fallen off my lobster to his plate..Next time I will research and find a better place.The desert and salad was good.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I dined here while on an overnight trip to the desert. The service was very good. The waiter was very engaging, genuine, and helpful. My wife got the scallops, which she said were delicious. I ordered the 18oz bone-in filet from the summer menu and was definitely underwhelmed. It's not that the food is bad, it's just overpriced for what it is. We would have received more bang for the buck at an Outback or Longhorn Steakhouse.