“Try at your own risk”

Palm Springs Chop House
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Baristo
Description: Perennially voted "Best Steaks in the Desert" We offer PRIME, All natural and grass fed beef and chops, butchered in-house and grilled the classic way, allowing flavors and tenderness to develop fully. Our seafood is sustainable and we offer organic vegetables wherever possible. We are one of America's Finest Prime Time Top 10 Steakhouses, as well as a DiRONA recipient (Distinguished Restaurants of North America. We have been voted "Best Steaks in the Desert" for several years. Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Offering a great view of the vibrant downtown street scene. USDA Prime aged steaks & chops Fresh seasonal, sustainable fish and shellfish California’s freshest seasonal vegetables Wine cellar with 3,500 choices House-made desserts.
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

When we left the restaurant, it was going to be barely 3 stars, but after one of us was rudely awakened in the middle of the night, it became 2. The only food difference all day for that person was ribeye and lobster bisque at The Chop House. Bisque wasn't great, with few and not the tastiest lobster pieces. Cowboy ribeye was skinniest we've ever seen and rather bland. But the filet Oscar.....yuckiest crab topping ever....instead of pieces of Alaskan king crab legs as promised, it was probably previously frozen joint meat-those tiny shreds of crab that have a bland and slightly bitter, not sweet, flavor. However, the filet flavor was great, nicely tender and cooked perfectly. Mashed potatoes that came with the filet were a disappointment, but the corn in the special side of snow peas and corn was quite tasty...scraped off a grilled cob.

We wondered why the reviews seemed so disparate....now we know what the meals were like for those who were unhappy with theirs. We won't go back, recommend you think about trying another place. Lulu's steak was great and a far better value!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Dined here on our last night in Palm Springs and had a wonderful time. A very non hurried atmosphere so the wine was enjoyed as were our meals! Very good service by Linda through out the evening. Maybe a little pricier than some of our other nights out but well worth it. Will definately be back on our next trip.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I dined on a Tuesday night in November, I was by myself and was looking for a good steak.
The restaurant is nicely presented and the menu has a nice selection so I decided to give it a try. It was a slow night with only 4 other tables in the dining room. Once I was sat the busboy brought over a glass of water, he didn't say Hi or smile or for that matter did not even look at me. The server came by and asked for a drink order than returned to take my order. I inquired if the chef would be able to accommodate my desire to have blue cheese on my steak and also if the Tuna main course could be portioned to be served as an appetizer portion. Server had a look like this was going to be a problem so I said please just ask and see if they will do it. The kitchen said "No" to both requests. I was quite surprised but I don't think the waiter was. They were not difficult requests and I have made similar requests at other restaurants and never had an issue. Either the Chef is unfamiliar with customer service or he is just lazy! You have blue cheese on the menu for your salads how hard can it be to put it on a steak.
I placed my order with the server and then the busboy provided a basket of bread and butter but he did so again with out a smile or any eye contact. The food was actually quite good. I was just disappointed that my simple requests were denied and the service was not very engaging nor friendly. There are too many other restaurants that offer great service that I would not go back to this restaurant. I hope if you do try that your experience is better than mine.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I had great meals at the Chop House in Palm Springs. They have a lovely seating area out front so you can sit and watch all the goings on at the Palm Springs Village Fest which happens every Thursday night. It was 67 degrees out and they had patio heaters going so there was no problem not wearing a sweater or jacket. We arrived without reservations and there was no problem seating us.
They were having a 50% of wine sale! trying to clear out their stock so they could stock some different wines.
They have no gluten free menu available but the server was knowledgable about what choices there were for my husband to eat, and even checked with the chef to make certain. There was a special, three medallions of Filet topped with crab meat and covered in a Bernese sauce, with mashed potatoes, and asparagus. That's what my husband had and he was in heaven. The meat melted in his mouth and was very flavourful. I had the 6 oz Filet with a delectable twice baked potato and a Caesar salad. The Caesar came with anchovy pieces sitting on top, which I wasn't thrilled about, but that's just my taste. I just pushed them to the side and ate the salad, delicious. It was a great experience and considering the price ($128) which wasn't overly high for the two meals and wine, we will definitely go again.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Place was very nicely decorated, nice and quiet. Wine selection was very good with reasonable prices. The food was excellent, we had the chateaubriand which was cooked perfectly, one of my friends had the fish which was also great, good place for a quiet evening.