“Roaches!!!”

Palm Canyon Resort & Spa
Ranked #60 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I had the most horrific experience at Palm Canyon Resort and Spa. I went into a dark kitchen to get a glass of water and to my surprise, when I turned on the light, roaches were running everywhere-big ones and little ones! I could hardly sleep and in the morning, I went to the front desk and complained and complained. Ultimately, my room was switched to a much nicer room, but the trauma still persisted. Their only excuse was that the desert is known for roach infestations and they try and control the problem as best as possible, however, I have stayed in many other desert resorts and I never saw one roach let alone 50 plus. If you stay there, remember to keep your food stored away and shake your clothing before you pack them away. You don't want any unwelcomed guests in your home!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jumpsuitj
There are newer reviews for Palm Canyon Resort & Spa

Reviewed August 21, 2009

What a beautiful place. You feel like you are in Palm Springs back in time. It is such a classy, beautiful place that you do not want to leave. It is relaxing and you are so well taken care of and pampered. If you want to see how a first class operation is run you must visit this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Summer in the desert.....extremely HOT! But, I guess that was expected. Late arrival, lobby was locked. Had to wait a few minutes until I was "buzzed" in. Check-in experience - not bad, but not great either.....so so. Room (1st floor) was spacious and clean. However, noticed that one window slat (window covering) was missing. Resolved within 15 minutes. Pool was a super-plus during the extreme heat, crowded at times, even at night! Overall, the staff didn't go "above & beyond", but the stay was okay. What ruined it for me was receiving my credit card statement and seeing a $50 charge. I called the resort and they said it was for not turning in "towel" cards ($10 each x 5). I explained that I turned in the cards at the front lobby express checkout box. I was told they have no records. Still in dispute, but heads up to others. Make sure you don't fall for their "convenient" express checkout method by placing your cards in the box. Turn in your cards to the front desk and have them sign-off on it.....

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2009

The pool was the main attraction for me. My children loved it. The water was great. The room I stayed in was a little outdated, but clean the Jr Suites are very small it was all they had at the time of my stay. Would I recommend absolutely we are going back.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2009

This place is truly great. It's about a 5 min cab ride away from great shops and restaurants. They have a top notch pool, with a great bar. It's walking distance from multiple trails to hike, tennis and golf. The grounds are well maintained and the rooms are super clean. I would highly recommend it for a nice getaway.

- the barking turtle

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eric65
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We took our daughter & two of her friends. We had a great time. The kids loved it. We had a 2 bedroom...a little outdated but nice. We had a view of the mountains. The pool was great and it wasn't too far from downtown. We are looking forward to going back!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2009

The room we stayed in had been updated but not completly. I was told that there is a new supervisor in the last year who is working very hard to update the little out of date villas. Our 2 bedroom was clean and very comfortable and faced the golf course. The staff has been very friendly and we got immediate response to the repair of a microwave oven. This is a time share property and most have the same rules about no daily maid service or trash take out, but a call gets your needs taken care of promptly. I would highly recommend to familys that can take advantage of the great pool.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Palm Mountain Resort & Spa
Palm Mountain Resort & Spa
#37 of 73 in Palm Springs
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to Palm Canyon Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!