“Dated resort and quite a bit of hood at the pool.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palm Canyon Resort & Spa

Palm Canyon Resort & Spa
Ranked #59 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
California
“Dated resort and quite a bit of hood at the pool.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed at this resort on August 3rd and 4th. The rooms were large but furniture and kitchen was dated. Feels and looks like and older dated resort. We were in a villa facing the parking lot. Although the air conditioner ran all day the temperture did not drop below 77 degrees and thus it was very hot at night while sleeping. The pool was large with a couple of slides but the water seemed a little murky. Shade was a little hard to come by at the pool. Also the guest at the pool were a little gangsta. The price of drinks and food was good. I got in at $166 a night for the villa which was a large 2 bedroom 1 bathroom with large living room. The positive is the price and size of room but can't say anything else positive about this resort

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here make sure you get a room overlooking the pool!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank AGonzalez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is an old time share property so you have to take the good with the bad.

The good: Huge spacious rooms with VERY comfy bed, large balcony and a well stocked kitchen. The property has beautiful landscaping, a huge gorgeous pool with full bar, two slides, and live music the day we were there. About a mile or so from downtown.

The bad: Overheard unfriendly front desk person take 2 complaint calls during check in, hotel had very strong musky/mildew smell, and decor/furniture has not been updated since the 80's. The room was clean with the exception of odd splatter on the walls here and there, some trash we found in the couch, and cookies shoved behind the tv stand.

The very bad: The handle sliding door patio was very odd, and we had to lift and hold it up to slide the door open. My husband and kids and I went outside and as the door shut, it locked us out, on the 3rd floor! Luckily, the bedroom window screen was already partially off (wonder why) and the window was unlocked. So we got back in via the window.

We didn't complain because we were there only for 1 night, not to mention at check in when I asked for a room on an upper floor I was promptly told, "We are very busy and have no poolside rooms," !!???

If you are looking for a good time by the pool, and you are not picky about the rooms, this place is for you - but save your pool chair early. Guests were saving chairs as early as 8am.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool. If not, you'll get an adjacent building with a long walk.
8 Thank CanyonGirly

Travelers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

perris calif
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

as soon as we saw our room,its beautiful clean roommy and everything in the kithen wasclean and refreshing

Room Tip: its funner by the pool
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank patty b
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel over Spring Break. Its not modern, but I thought it was clean, functional and spacious and would stay here again if I could be guaranteed a room like the one we were given. My guess is that your experience at this hotel would be very coloured by the room you are assigned. We were lucky as we received a room with a beautiful view of the mountains overlooking the pool with a nice little balcony. I do however think if you were given a room away from the pool it would be easy enough to find things to complain about. We will be going back and will keep our finger crossed that we like it as much as the first time!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Livermore, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

My family spent a few days at this hotel during the fourth of Julyand it was a very bad experience. The corridors leading to the rooms were dingy and disgusting. My son dropped his ball and it rolled slightly under the bed, where I found an open, yes open used condom wrapper! UGH! The maids didn't cleaned my room every day. In fact, they cleaned it only once out of my 3 day stay.. I will never ever stay at this hotel again! If you are looking for cleanliness, I suggest looking elsewhere!

4 Thank LolaH32635
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

my husband and i went there for 1 night. it was a nice stay. room was nice and spacious for us. bed was very comfy. loved the jet tub!! the breakfast we ordered in the morning wasnt so good. will not order again. ill just take my own stuff. we will be going again for 2 nights in july and cant wait. if you love indian food we went to monsoon and it was great!! will go again. over all we had a good experience, was nervous because of the neg. reviews but it was great for us. God bless

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I just spent three nights over 4th of July week with another adult and two school age kids. We really looked forward to our stay as we stayed there last year and had a great stay. We arrived July 3rd. We had booked a Villa which turned out to be way too small for four people. They should only allow 2 in such a small room.
The first room we received was no where close to the pool even though we booked a month in advance. Big disappointment, especially for the kids. We had to reject the first room as it smelled terribly of Curry. We were suddenly offered another room close to the pool.
The room was not available at the appointed check in time, so we had to wait an hour for the second room to be ready.
We realized we were out of toilet paper (no spare roll available) so I called an asked for some. We were told we would have to come to front check in desk to get some. I just grabbed a roll from a housekeeping cart. So much for customer service.
Every morning they called and woke us up to ask us if we wanted housekeeping service. Really? We are on vacation and wanted a peaceful stay. I left a note for the housekeeper asking for spare toilet paper and more coffee..the coffee went ignored.
I was really looking forward to a peaceful float in the resort pool on 4th of July and got anything but. The place was wild! They had very nice live music but the guests were crazy! No supervision in the pool, Kids diving in the shallow end. At one point I asked a family not to jump over us and all I got was a miserable experience. I asked security for assistance, and they did nothing. They just stood in the shade and actually did nothing. We gave up. Just not a fun time.
We had bugs in the bathroom and a room that needed updating A very funky musty smell to the room. I am really surprised how much a hotel could deteriorate in one years time. A beautiful property that could be outstanding with appropriate management. I will not be back.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a one bedroom if traveling with more than two.
4 Thank Anita C