“Pricey, but average”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

No part of my experience here was negative in anyway. Service was good, not lacking at all. They had good bread that was nice and warm in the basket. But I must say my Alfredo was nothing special, I dare to say it wasn't any better than Chillis. I know I know that's a low blow but it really wasn't. Anyway to be fair everyone in our group loved the place. Maybe it just what I ordered.

1  Thank TheTripandTravel
There are newer reviews for Kalura Trattoria Italiana

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very pleasant dining experience, especially the outdoor seating available. Right next to the Palm Springs Playhouse. Good wine list with reasonable prices. While revisiting Palm Springs, made the effort to revisit this desert trattoria. Molto Bene! JK

1  Thank jstking
Reviewed January 9, 2013

After dropping a family member off at PSP on January 1, we decided to have dinner in Palm Springs before returning home to RM. We window shopped menus along Palm Canyon before settling on Kalura. It was a cold night, and entering Kalura was great - warm, cozy, nice ambiance. The three of us all had excellent pastas, big menu of just about anything you could want. We shared a plate of lightly battered calamari and very large "small" Caesar - both starters easily satisfied two adults and bottomless pit teenaged son. My puttanesca ($15) was great, and I know puttanesca because I am totally in a happy rut when it comes to dining in Italian restaurants. So far, this is the best pasta in the desert I have enjoyed and we'll happily make the trip from RM to enjoy again. Pastas were about $15 a plate and none of us could finish our meals. Looks like they have a nice patio in the older, quirky plaza location, so will come back and dine outside when we have warmer evenings. Service was friendly & attentive without being intrusive. Nice wine list. As an earlier reviewer said, this place is a "jewel".

1  Thank Wet_Coast1
Reviewed January 2, 2013

we were there over the New Year and were looking for some place we haven't been and we found this jewel. A large menu, we couldn't decide over three different meals and asked our waiter who recommended Rigatoni Pino,which was wonderful! It was an excellent lunch with a wonderful salad and pasta. We sat outside and enjoyed the wonderful weather and food! We would recommend this to anyone who likes good Italian food. They have a full bar as well as a nice wine selection.

1  Thank Annette H
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great food to enjoy on the most popular corner of Palm Springs. We ate outside (they had heaters) on the raised patio and soaked in the night atmosphere of Palm Canyon Drive. Large portions, yummy bread, and great food. A huge selection. Will definately return and recommend to everyone!

1  Thank BuddysArmy