“Great Vegetarian FInd in the heart of Palm Springs”
Review of Native Foods

Native Foods
Ranked #47 of 319 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Los Angeles, California
“Great Vegetarian FInd in the heart of Palm Springs”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Tucked away in the Smoke Tree Commons shopping center is Native Foods Café. The food is great the outdoor seating wonderful and the service really good. Really enjoyed our dinner here. The restaurant is a little hard to find so just keep looking for it behind the Subway sandwich and frozen yogurt store. It is worth the trip. The food was really good and delivered to your table quickly.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Needlepointaddict

“Mind blowing food”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Couldn't get enough of Native Foods during my week long vacation in Palm Springs, is one of the many reasons I will be returning to the Palm desert area soon. The choice is exceptional for vegan & vegetarian diners but to back that up the flavours are incredible.

I ate too much during each visit to Native foods but felt content afterwards!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank miesiethecat
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Love to Eat Vegan on Vacation”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Whenever I go on vacation I search out eateries that serve vegetarian and vegan food, because it tastes good and feels good. On vacation I'm on the go, and I don't want food that will slow me down. The food at Native Foods was exactly the type of food that I love to eat. My friend and I arrived on an early October day when they had just switched to their fall menu, and ordered the Butternut Polenta Bites, OC Raw Chopper Salad, Mambo Italiano Wrap, and a bowl of lentil soup. Everything was excellent, especially the Mambo Italiano Wrap, I wish there was a Native Foods closer to home for those.

The only thing that I didn't like about Native Foods was the service. There was one really nice waitress/counter person who told us about the franchise, it's mission, the menu, gave us menu suggestions, the hole hoopla, but then there were other employees working who were not helping her which seemed overwhleming for her to have to take orders, deliver orders, tell customers the spiel, fill drinks, and answer the phone all at once. My friend and I felt bad for her, because she looked like she was going to get burned out. It took me 30 minutes to get my bowl of soup, and that was after asking twice, finally giving up and then waiting for someone to give it to me at the counter. The nice thing is the friendly staff member gave a free brownie (which was delicious) for our trouble.

I enjoyed the food so much that the service won't stop me from returning (yet), and will seek out Native Foods restaurants across the US when I travel. Or, perhaps someone from the company will read this and decide to put one in the Metro-Detroit area we could use a good vegan restaurant around here.

• Visited October 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Meat Eater - "WOW That was good!"”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were a group of weary travelers who got put through the rungs of another great Coachella Music Festival experience. After the festival we like to try and put some healthy food into our systems so we don't get too sick from spending 4 days having too much fun. I will premise this with saying that I'm a bonafide meat eater and rarely enjoy anything that is vegan. Such is not the case with this restaurant. The food here is incredible. The scorpion burger was so good that we actually came back the next day to eat more. This place will definitely become part of our annual Coachella ritual.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Shaxspear
Phoenix
“Love this place!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

They really need to put one in Phoenix. The Oklahoma City burger can't be beat. I tried the chicken wings, ranch chicken sandwich, moroccan bowl, nachos, brownies and cupcakes on this trip (over multiple visits). Out of those I think I liked the chicken wings the best.

Visited October 2013