“Great soup and salad”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013

After a trip on the Palm Springs Tram, my cousin, her step-son, and my husband and I stopped at Billy Reed's. My cousin had suggested it because she said their pea soup was second to none. She did indeed order it for lunch and the rest of us enjoyed a salad or a sandwich. My salmon salad was quite tasty and just hit the spot.
Billy Reed's is a nice place to go to either sit at the bar, or get a table or booth and while some time away with good friends and good food.
I will certainly keep it on my list of places to visit while in Palm Springs.

1  Thank Hannibaldiva

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a typical American diner. Old fashioned decor but friendly staff. The food is what you would expect; loads of steak etc. The food came a bit too quickly but was well presented. Prices reasonable. Try it.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Went here 2 times in 2 weeks. We went at Lunch Time but were able to order from the dinner menu. 2 of us had the Calves Liver, It was tender and the sauce was fantastic. Also ordered was a Turkey Wrap, again it was tasty. The second time we had the Billy Reed Steak. This is a Piece of Prime Rib from the night before. It was Juicy and full of flavor. The waitress was an extreme joy and understood what was on the menu. I was allowed to substitute on both meals, trying to stay wheat free. The look of the place is old wood style with elegance.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

It would have been nice to walk around this historic place some more. Beautiful ballroom for special events. Very comfortable, old-style atmosphere. Breakfast very good. Service could have been a little less harried. Great coi pond out front with huge coi.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Four of us went one Friday evening and the place was packed. There is a prime rib special that night which the two Canadians chose for their meal. My friend and I chose different items. There was too much food and it was not the best quality. About every ten minutes, the baker came by tempting diners with very artistic looking cakes - not being a dessert fan, I passed.