“nice and quiet in the loud city”

Billy Reed's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 324 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

great get away from the loud city and heat.. located right off the strip near the Rivera Casino. This place reminded me of some of the restaurants in south Dakota. The inside was furnished with all antique & gothic furniture. Looks like the building was once a casino. There was no wait to be seated. drinks were brought promptly. The crowd was mostly seniors in their late 60"s. as far as I could tell I was the only youngin there. I ordered the French toast & scramble egg special for $6-95. I am vegetarian so they let me substitute bacon for a fruit bowl at no extra charge. I was offered coffee about every 10 minutes. greatly appreciated. If I go to Palm Springs again I would come here again.

There are newer reviews for Billy Reed's Restaurant

Reviewed May 15, 2013

14th May 2013 - 1pm lunchtime: moderately busy, but I like to sit at the counter to watch the kitchen at work. Menu card had changed since my last visit to this restaurant. Breakfast, lunch and dinner all available throughout the day with a few exceptions. I had bowel of clam chowder soap, fillet mignon steak with baked potato, vegetables of the day and mushrooms. Dinner roll also included. Cost was $21. Service and presentation of food was as good as always, have previously visited this restaurant a number of times over the last 5 years of coming to Palm Springs. The restaurant looks old fashioned and it is, but not to the extent that you need to think twice before going inside. Go try them out. Huge free car park, but this will get filled up quickly for the dinner service so go, if you can about 5.30pm for dinner.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Big, old style place, with booths and sometimes crowded, but that's because the food is decent in an old school way and it won't break the bank. They like kids, and the desserts are huge and sinful....

Reviewed May 1, 2013

You have to be really hungry for their home style cooking and farmhouse portions. I have been stopping here for the last 30 years and give them high marks for almost everything on the menu.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

GREAT deserts which a proudly paraded around the restaurant during your meal mmmmh hmmm yummy. We are a family of 5 and all our meals were great. Nice setting, pleasant surrounding.