“Great old school dining”

Billy Reed's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 319 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, California
“Great old school dining”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Food is consistently good diner food. Can't go wrong with the chicken pot pie, turkey dinner or pot roast. Sandwiches are also good. Service is attentive. Tons of decor to look at while waiting. I have not partaken but there are so many dessert choices of home baked cakes & pies. One of these days I'll indulge. If you're looking for good comfort food-this is the place.

Arbroath, United Kingdom
“great Meal, Great Restaraunt”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hi my wife and I had a great meal in Billy Reeds which alone deserves a 5* report.
However we were on a driving Holiday travelling through California North to south when my wife lost her mobile phone. After a couple of phone calls we traced the phone to reception at Billy Reeds. David at reception arranged for a overnight delivery to Irvine where we were later visiting friends
David from Billy Reeds was extremely helpful and arranged everything and trusted us to forward the postal fee.
WITHOUT DOUBT DAVID AND BILLY REEDS GETS A BIG THUMBS UP FROM US.

Vancouver, Canada
“Breakfast special”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Try the morning breakfast special. Eggs any way you want, hash browns, toast and jam all cooked perfectly, only $5. All the good coffee you can drink for a dollar. The service is excellent and everything is done just right. The place is clean and the staff are all helpful and friendly. Its my favorite place for breakfast in Palm Springs, and I've tried them all!

• Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“Old Time Palm Springs”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a great dinner experience at Billy Reed’s this week. As soon as you walk through the front door you are transported back in time. Dark wood, antique furniture and a counter to dine at.
The restaurant is large and has lots of booth seating as well as tables for larger groups. The menu is extensive and most items are available throughout the day. They are open for breakfast lunch and dinner., and have a fabulous old style bar area. We dined on a Tuesday night when they also have ballroom dancing going on a large dance floor next to the bar.
Our dining experience was good. There are a variety of wait staff who are all good in their own way. Some are more engaging than others and some are more formal in their approach, but they all seemed to be efficient in getting the job done. For instance, I ordered an appetizer and then we ordered dinners. One dinner came with a salad so I held off on finishing the appetizer so I could enjoy it as my wife ate her salad. We waited and waited for the salad to be delivered, beginning to think the service was very slow. I finally called the waiter over and he told me he was waiting to bring the salad until we finished the appetizer. He was a more formal waiter than some that bring the next course whether the customer is ready for it or not. So a negative became a positive once his style was known.
Our food was very good. I had the fish and chips which comes with both shoestring fried potatoes and homemade potato chips. My wife had the Chicken Malibu which was also very good. Portions are big and prices are very reasonable.
The clientele ranged from young kids to retirees, and everyone is welcome. One of the owners strolled through the dining area displaying two of the many fresh desserts prepared on property.
This was our first visit to Billy Reed’s but it will not be our last.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Outrageous Breakfast”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Start with the cinamon or caramel pecan roll - or both! Unbelievable! Make sure you have at least 4 people if your order both.

Breakfast is fresh and delicious. The setting is a time gone by - classic victorian. Just a wondeful experience.