“My Little Secret.”

Nicolino's Palm Spring
Ranked #180 of 329 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I love this place. I've been coming here for a while. Being a local I've seen restaurants come and go, this place has been around for 15 long years. A few years ago they build a cute little trendy bar that the neighborhood just loves. Check this place out.. You won't be disappointed....

1  Thank Jimmy S

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Went for lunch and the place was busy, but we were seated promptly. LIked the decor. I ordered the pasta sampler and the marinara sauce was delicious! Loved the egg plant parm as well - this is a good way to sample several dishes. My friend had the pasta with pesto and chicken which he really enjoyed. The side salad was a good size portion. Haven't had italian food this good since I was in Italy! Had forgotten the taste of such a rich pasta sauce. Prices are reasonable with good size portions so it is no wonder that this place is so popular with the locals for lunch.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Look away!!!!!!!!! Call Mario's or any other Italian restaurant in town!!!! I have lived in Palm Springs for over a year and have ordered from Nicolino's weekly or twice a week....finally reaching this breaking point. At the beginning they would "accidentally" send the wrong order, or not include say Artichoke in the "Artichoke pasta." I'd call and they'd apologize for being out of things, but never call to say prior to delivery they were and ask if I/we wanted something else. They will send you completely different dishes thinking you won't think about it, care to call back, or have the strength to write a review. Lately, it has been getting soooooo much worse. Last night had a dinner party and thought I'd give it one final shot. The food arrived after 1.5 hours, freezing cold and absolutely disgusting. A Costco lasagne would have gone off better with my guests...people literally asked if we could call Pizza Hut after tasting. The bread was ice cold, stale, the chicken dishes missing have the ingredients they stated it had, and the list goes on. The chicken parm looked like it had grown up on a nuclear power plant. I called immediately and was told "so sorry, we'll have the manager call you tomorrow and of course have it comp'ed." Needless to say the manager probably has had enough phone calls like this, because no one called me back. I called again today, not for my money back, but just to let them know again my disappointment. The answer I received was, "Sorry, we didn't even have a manager yesterday or today, so that's why no one called you." When I asked when a manager would ever return into the restaurant I was told "we don't know." Perhaps that explains why this place has become so terrible. If you want the most unreliable Italian food in town, and be absolutely surprised that your dish resembles nothing that your ordered...have to heat it in an oven for an hour before it is hot enough to taste and realize how bad it is, then call here!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Not good, but just OK.
Stopped in to this almost anonymous strip mall location for dinner on 3/4/13. I had the veal picata which was good, but only 2 thin medallions, although the sauce was good. Served with a really small bowl of pasta in red sauce. Companion had the shrimp alfredo diablo which was good. Ordered a chardonnay which was also very good. The atmosphere is pretty downscale and the prices are a bit expensive for what you get, portion wise. Service was nothing special.

Two huge gripes is that smokers were coming out of their bar area into the outdoor seating area right at the entrance and the smoke was coming into the restaurant, so the place smelled like an ashtray...but then, as others have even stated, the decor and atmosphere is generally run down. My second gripe is that I had some sticky substance all over the back tail of my polo shirt when I got home. Maybe that is a reason they are next door to the dry cleaners.

I suppose this lack of cleanliness is probably acceptable(?) if the restaurant is charging Pizza Hut prices, but not at these price points. I don't think that I will be coming back, (given the nasty seating areas) because I have to wonder what other short-cuts exist that I cannot see in the kitchen.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nicolino's is one of those great restaurants where you can always go and find really good, reasonably-priced food, in this case Italian. The atmosphere is quiet, the wait staff extremly friendly and the food selection is varied. While there are the usual Italian dishes one would expect, there are also some that are out of the ordinary. I love coming here for really satisfying food with great sauces and perfectly cooked pasta.